SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

7 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

I was actually thinking the following. Wanted to buff up Guri a bit and keep it under 185. 

Boba Fett (80)
Trick Shot (1)
IG-88D (4)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (4)
Guri (62)
Lone Wolf (4)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Shield Upgrade (8)
Virago (10)
Total: 184

I can say the Cybernetics gives you a "get out of jail" card along with a "oh, I didn't expect that" surprise round.  I've like Debris Gambit for a long while, which really helps him tank up.  Seismics are there to make quads sad, plus I've found it's been a more effective bomb, in general, than protons.

All that said, I don't think there's a "correct" version, just season to taste. 

Edited by gennataos

40 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

I keep on seeing Boba/Guri pop up. Is it a thing? I'm tempted to take it PAX because 1) It looks fun 2) It looks good and 3)Two ships are easy enough to fly. I know that bend barrel rolls give you lots of options, but I have a pretty good feel for it and easy enough to get some solo practice with it to hone it.

I've been reading Phil GC's love affair with it and it has me intrigued. 

The weak point in the list is that Thicc Guri does not pull her weight.

LW Sensors guri is possibly worth that 74 points you pay for her. Making that near 100 or maybe even more points is no longer a good investment.

Boba Guri's secret is that Thicc Boba is the actual power of the list.

Just now, Kaptin Krunch said:

The weak point in the list is that Thicc Guri does not pull her weight.

LW Sensors guri is possibly worth that 74 points you pay for her. Making that near 100 or maybe even more points is no longer a good investment.

shhh..... they're supposed to do their own HW.

8 hours ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

I was actually thinking the following. Wanted to buff up Guri a bit and keep it under 185. 

Boba Fett (80)
Trick Shot (1)
IG-88D (4)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (4)
Guri (62)
Lone Wolf (4)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Shield Upgrade (8)
Virago (10)
Total: 184

I'd go afterburners over Shield Upgrade on Guri. It helps save you from so many bad situations.

Also worth it for the boost left, barrel right (forward) Guri Power Slide maneuver.

Virago also opens up the "I know I'm going 3 straight next turn, so let's end-of-turn boost, 3 straight, afterburners boost, then take an actual action (see above re: Power Slide)" sequence, which is best used when Guri has killed her target and needs to find range 1 of something else ASAP.

Edited by skotothalamos

4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'm less curious if Boba/Guri is a thing and more curious why Boba/Fenn isn't a thing.  I guess because Boba/Fenn/Escape craft fits too easily?

Boba Thiccguri should be Boba Guri Lando which should be Boba Fenn Lando, which should be Boba Palob Pod Jumper

Boba fenn does't have upgrade slots to fill to let you make mistakes.

26 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'm less curious if Boba/Guri is a thing and more curious why Boba/Fenn isn't a thing.  I guess because Boba/Fenn/Escape craft fits too easily?

Fearless Fenn still hasn't found his MetaHome yet. 

He WILL, and I don't think it'll be from a points adjustment. 

Fenn+Boba

Or

Fenn+Guri

There's a winning combo in scum for Fenn... The X-Wing world is just waiting for you to play it.

3 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I'd say viewing things from a galloping horse, you are correct.

3 hours ago, Tlfj200 said:

shhh..... they're supposed to do their own HW.

In the age of immediate gratification, that's a hard call for most.

2 hours ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

If I can't just copy, what's the point?

This statement of sad truth should be on the back of a black, reversible T-shirts.... with the inverted side stating GET GUD, to make everyone happy. Obviously the Krayts logo could be on both sides, of course, equal opportunity for artists and lemmings alike.

14 minutes ago, svelok said:

At what points cost (absolute or relative to the other options in the slot) would you take Ion Missiles/Ion Torpedoes over the alternatives?

Or is it meta contingent (upon what?)

2.0 ion torps are worse than 1.0.Ion pulse missiles.

Meta contingent on individual super expensive ships being viable.

Or make em cost 3 points and they become Janky Homing Missiles.

5 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

2.0 ion torps are worse than 1.0.Ion pulse missiles.

Meta contingent on individual super expensive ships being viable.

Or make em cost 3 points and they become Janky Homing Missiles.

I would consider Ion Torps if they were cheaper (like you said) and made so that the target gets ionized on 1 hit. Pretty much as setup for the following turn.

Edited by Scott Pilgrim2

27 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

I'd say viewing things from a galloping horse, you are correct.

In the age of immediate gratification, that's a hard call for most.

This statement of sad truth should be on the back of a black, reversible T-shirts.... with the inverted side stating GET GUD, to make everyone happy. Obviously the Krayts logo could be on both sides, of course, equal opportunity for artists and lemmings alike.

Member gunboat t-shirts?

29 minutes ago, jokerkd said:

Assuming that the new obstacles are ion clouds, will they become a staple?

Not for ships that calculate and don't have access to focus tokens. Separatists will love their rocks and debris. 

31 minutes ago, RStan said:

Not for ships that calculate and don't have access to focus tokens. Separatists will love their rocks and debris. 

Meh? Grappling struts let you ignore obstacles at R0 and while you move through them. You can only walk around on asteroids or debris but it still makes you immune to whatever nasty the clouds do

8 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Fearless Fenn still hasn't found his MetaHome yet. 

He WILL, and I don't think it'll be from a points adjustment. 

Fenn+Boba

Or

Fenn+Guri

There's a winning combo in scum for Fenn... The X-Wing world is just waiting for you to play it.

I think fenn boba escape craft is pretty hard to ignore, there just isn’t enough slots on fenn to dump enough points in his survival, unlike guri who can take every upgrade and then some, but lando is really good in the escape craft and it has already performed really well, not to mention the fenn palob and two quad list that won a tournament

the thing with fenn is he is like vader, you have to play him carefully and masterfully because any time he is in arc and not range one he can get half pointed or die

I also suspect he won’t see a price hike so after prices get adjusted he may be in a even more favorable position 

Edited by TheOz

4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Far to much tournament results analysis, statistics, and content in here these days...

Whats the best Tournament Hype Theme Music for Whisper, Boba Fett, and Wedge? 

Whisper:

Wedge: 

Boba:

Its funny  that you used danger zone for wedge.  I have a pump up video  that I don't use often because I don't like to go back to the same well, but the times I've  used it include north American  champs in '15 and '17. I've been moving further away from x wing so I don't think I'll jinx anything  sharing it here

17 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I agree that just looking at raw conversion rate doesn't give us the whole picture, personally I like to collect cut lists because it usually means that something got there once, given the right combination of good piloting, good matchup and dice luck, it could make it again. 

But with the data we have what else could we do other than just look at conversion rate? 

The winrates themselves are more interesting as far as I'm concerned.
There is no reason why one 4-2 should be counted as good and another 4-2 not. The specific MoV combination and tournament size for the cutoff have too much influence if we limit to conversion rates.

What are the downsides if wins and losses of Swiss rounds are used? In my opinion not more and/or worse than all alternatives I can think of.