SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

25 minutes ago, jagsba said:

The man went 4-2 with kylo whisper. Drank about 2 beers every round and after the first round had finished a bottle of gatorade that definitely wasn't mostly vodka. I have so much respect for him.

InterestingMan.jpg

Edited by Boom Owl

Regionals brings up an interesting topic- 

Is Smurfing at Regionals a good idea? Is it in the spirit of the game?

I could show up with acrylics, Challenge Coin shields, repainted ships, alt-art cards, Krayt templates, etc. but that lets people know that I at least know what I'm doing. 

Alternatively, I could show up with stock ships, normal cards, and cardboard everything, and during the first couple rounds, it would probably be more likely that someone will double-down when they shouldn't have. 

What do I do here? Is it the Krayt way to use cardboard stuff until the cut to try to get a psychological advantage? 

5 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Regionals brings up an interesting topic- 

Is Smurfing at Regionals a good idea? Is it in the spirit of the game?

I could show up with acrylics, Challenge Coin shields, repainted ships, alt-art cards, Krayt templates, etc. but that lets people know that I at least know what I'm doing. 

Alternatively, I could show up with stock ships, normal cards, and cardboard everything, and during the first couple rounds, it would probably be more likely that someone will double-down when they shouldn't have. 

What do I do here? Is it the Krayt way to use cardboard stuff until the cut to try to get a psychological advantage? 

Real answer? Do whatever you want. It's totally fine to not use acrylic.

Krayt answer: I have my salty, rubbed white cardboard templates with me at all times. (the 1- and 2-straight are nearly white due to playing whisper)

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Less likely to get your stuff stolen if it's cardboard

6 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Well I just unsub from Kessel Run and Scum and Villainy. So I might look into other podcast. Right now TCX seems to be the best and it hasn't lost its focus on X-wing.

Birmingham Barons are good. Completely different than Kryats (polite, systematic and well organized) but entertaining. 

Just now, Velvetelvis said:

Why is thweek all over the place kicking butt.and the kylencer isn't even in lists anywhere.

I thought there was a gif that clearly showed the opposite should be happening. 

It's almost as if...we've been...robbed of something.

Somehow.

Thweek is like 15 pts cheaper for a high PS arc dodger. I saw some consistently good use of the curved BR on the Austin stream.

2 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

It's almost as if...we've been...robbed of something.

Mimicked? 

Argh. I can’t believe I typing this out... but I’m actually wanting Miranda to get the Biggs nerf.  Paratani, I felt ready to play against and did okay... Fairship looked like you could do stuff even when you couldn’t. Even triple scouts you could bait into poor decisions as often as not... but Miranda just feels like being insulted publicly, repeatedly, with no good comebacks. 

Do I need to just run a Whaler list and do Headhunter Harpoon spam? If so, I don’t want to... still not sure it even works... still working on wookies and better Silencer play... they’ve become my white whale

Edited by Lobokai

13 hours ago, jagsba said:

Less likely to get your stuff stolen if it's cardboard

Yeah, that’s why I leave with a different cardboard range ruler after every tournament that’s not local.

thats also why my acrylics are engraved with my name. 

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Great news podcasters, your worst terror is coming at an end.

No longer will you show up at a tournament scared witless that you run the risk of being publicly tabled by a 7 year old.

Mark (of X-wing Junkies) was the last one! (It's a rite of passage around here, everyone's been there at some point)

like_a_krayt.jpg

That's right, he's turning 8 tomorrow and he's coming for you next! ;)