Palob 

jakku gun runner

Boba Fett

4-LOM

Soontir Fel 

Wedge (is better than Thane)

Or

Miranda (just to be safe)

Oh, I'm so sorry. But thanks for playing! The answer is, the jumpmaster.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:19 AM, Dreadai said:

132 person tournament in the UK - Nerfherder Open. Data collated and compiled via @FirstEarth 

https://firstearth.github.io/nerf.html

cut being streamed today 

Rebels really are dire atm. Not really sure what can be done to fix them either, as some ships cannot be dropped any further in points as it allow too many on the table (see B-Wing and X-Wing).

35 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

Rebels really are dire atm. Not really sure what can be done to fix them either, as some ships cannot be dropped any further in points as it allow too many on the table (see B-Wing and X-Wing).

I don't think there is such a thing as too many b-wings on the table!

34 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

They could always use the app to limit certain chassis numbers. Like drop the X-Wing to 40pts but put a blanket rule that you can't run more than 4 anyway. 

Do the Clone Wars factions break Second Edition format?

GoR/SoS contain all the neutral upgrades of the conversion kits, so all that stuff is getting crammed in. You still don't have all the Imperial Crew or the faction-unique Gunners/whatever else, and none of the Extended ships/pilots, sure. But wave 3, what, triples the number of legal upgrades? Maybe more?

Which I guess just means Hyperspace or bust

6 minutes ago, svelok said:

Do the Clone Wars factions break Second Edition format?

GoR/SoS contain all the neutral upgrades of the conversion kits, so all that stuff is getting crammed in. You still don't have all the Imperial Crew or the faction-unique Gunners/whatever else, and none of the Extended ships/pilots, sure. But wave 3, what, triples the number of legal upgrades? Maybe more?

Which I guess just means Hyperspace or bust

Which is probably the purpose of Hyperspace.  Neither 2nd Ed or Extended is fair, so they have an actively managed compromise.

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

Which is probably the purpose of Hyperspace.  Neither 2nd Ed or Extended is fair, so they have an actively managed compromise.

Yeah - once they didn't reprint all of resistance and first order, second edition was basically dead as a format.

However, seeing why they didnt reprint all of resistance/fo, I'm SUPER okay with it (look at all of that wave 3!)

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

I'm really confused.  Is the TIE f/o really going to be the only ship re-leased for First Order in the first three waves?  

SWZ24 (after Mining TIE and RZ-2) is missing. FO Interceptor from Resistance that got pushed back?

SWZ28/29 (between TIE/fo and Clone Wars) are also missing. FO reprints?

2 minutes ago, gennataos said:

So, uh...why would we get a Wave 3 announcement before we even know what all is in Wave 2?  I don't understand how this company works.  

1) hype

2) Maybe there's more wave 2? Maybe there's not? Is it so bad if they dont have reprints for wave 2 if it's because they spammed wave 3? They can hand wave the issue away with hyperspace format™

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

Is it so bad if they dont have reprints for wave 2 if it's because they spammed wave 3? They can hand wave the issue away with hyperspace format™

I guess.  I don't have a dog in the hunt, the order of things just doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe the hype is more on point than I'm giving them credit for.

If Hyperspace format results in about 4-6 ships per faction available, that should provide a good variety for the meta while also making it easier to balance that format.  With 4 to 6 ships, you end up with 28-42 different ships that are usable at a given time.  If they don't keep it at that level and rather have Hyperspace include almost everything in the game (just keeping a few out of the format), it is likely that Rebels, Empire and Scum will continue to flow to the top unless there is power creep simply because of the greater selection of ships those factions have.  If it is kept to 4-6 ships per faction, it also gives them more time to get reprints out.

If Hyperspace format gets updated and changed a couple times a year, the meta should change frequently enough to not get stale. 

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

FFG - A meta might be developing in X-Wing 2.0.  We might have overcorrected on Punshers, Phantoms, HWKs, G1-As and the silly as **** tug boat might be the best ship in the game!

Other FFG - Distract with MOAR SHIPS!  

over-correction will continue until the meta improves

16 minutes ago, gennataos said:

So, uh...why would we get a Wave 3 announcement before we even know what all is in Wave 2?  I don't understand how this company works.  

Ffg has done this sort of thing before. Though they eased off toward the end of first Ed. Not sure why though, like I might dial down my wave 2 purchase cuz of wave 3.

2 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Ffg has done this sort of thing before. Though they eased off toward the end of first Ed. Not sure why though, like I might dial down my wave 2 purchase cuz of wave 3.

Why? 

None of wave 3 influence my wave 2 purchases... I was just getting the first order conversion pack (as it currently stands).

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

Have they?  I guess I don't pay that much attention.  

3 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Why? 

None of wave 3 influence my wave 2 purchases... I was just getting the first order conversion pack (as it currently stands).

Maybe people who don't give a hoot about F/O or Resistance will just glom onto the new shiny.