SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

58 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

All I see is something trying to be edgy and different, yet trying to fit in anyway

:P 

The pylon finally warps in, and the Zealots charge?  Love it.  And fitting in is what the Khala is all about. :D

But to each there own.

I even heard a rumor that there were a few people out there who didn't like the latest Star Wars movie, if you can believe that. :P

(I don't want to get into it, but it seemed like too good of a joke to pass up)

On 11/2/2018 at 3:46 PM, jagsba said:

Fangs. 

A close 2-2 with tons of fun, but also way more difficult than I remember.

Game 1 vs Luke Biggs Thane: I messed up in the beginning and lost one Fang in each of the first two rounds of combat. Then clawed back, got Biggs to 1hull and Thane entirely. Good game, lost 93-150.
Game 2 vs an interesting scum combination: Jousted the patrol craft and destroyed it. Next the drone got be because I had no clue that thing can actually stop, but it didn't change much. The yt1300 went down and finally Fenn. 200-75
Game 3 vs Wedge Biggs RedVet Dutch: The initial joust went perfect in my favor, as my Fang survived and his Biggs almost went down. Next turn everything died and suddenly 2 Fangs vs Wedge+Dutch. I made a crucial mistake where I rolled out of the block, and lost arc on Dutch while staying in his for a second torp. Still got Dutch without giving up half, but eventually lost 145-150 vs a Wedge that did the correct thing and ran away. That was btw against my team mate and we joked in the beginning that whatever we do, we should not have one winning closely. Well... we had our fun.
Game 4 vs Fenn Teroch Han: By this point I understood a bit better how to play the game with Fangs. The initial round of combat had Teroch at R1 of 3 of my Fangs - and somehow he didn't take a single damage while I lost one. But there is a god, and his name is probably Loki or so, because two unmodded r3 shots on Teroch killed him anyway. This game at a crazy low amount of combat rounds. It was a good game, very tight with a final 128-75.

4 Fangs are fun, but I'd like something on them. I was almost constantly stressed and maybe used the talons/kturns a bit too often, so no tokens. Plus I'm rusty with ships that do not have all this fancy abilities upgrades easy mode. It is amazing when decisions, maneuver choices and skill matter so much again. It is discouraging when decisions, maneuver choices and skill matter so much again.

Also maybe interesting to note, we had 2 TIE swarms and most rebel lists had Wedge and/or Biggs.

And as final two thoughts:

The currently available ships for second edition format is just a bit too little for my taste. I do see the appeal of a low powercurve and high reliance on skill, but there are some few pilots (Boba, Fenn, Luke) that are just a bit too good to make that really true.

I care less about second edition compared to extended, which is liberating and increases my fun. I still prefer extended due to personal preference of certain ships (and factions, I can't believe I played the protoss of xwing...) but I might mainly switch to second edition once A-wings/Interceptors/... are rereleased.

8 hours ago, Tlfj200 said:

#MynockStats

Chassis # of Lists with Chassis Faction % of Lists of Faction Made cut % of Pilots Played that made cut
Quadjumper 12 Scum 24.5% 2 16.7%

Just saying, I think it is slightly misleading to simply count the ships. More telling would be "lists with at least one of". (e: if they are simply counted -  I didn't check yet)

It is an important difference if there were 11 lists with Quadjumpers and 1 made the cut (9%), or if there were just 3 lists and 1 made the cut (33%). Of course that's only an issue when looking at chassis or generic pilots. Stats better! They already do, the two lists in the cut with quadjumpers are Garret and Steven F.

Also just pointing out the 0% Wedge conversion (of 52% rebel lists!) and the 2.6% Xwing chassis conversion.

And 105 pilots were not played at all and goes up to 181 pilots (or 79%...) if 0-2 times are binned. #diversity,

Edited by GreenDragoon

4-2 with Luke Gunner on the weekend. Got REKT on stream too lol. 

5/6 of my games were losing Wedge by 2nd turn of combat and Han “soloing” the rest of the list. I won 4 of those 5, stream game only one I didn’t. Had some stream nerves knowing the internet was like, “wtf, why is this guy running this?”. 

Also, Han seems good by the way. Just don’t put a 30 point upgrade on him, so you can take something that’s not Wedge. Like this seems decent.

Han/Luke

(92) Han Solo
(14) Kanan Jarrus
(2) Jyn Erso
(1) Trick Shot
Points 109

(62) Luke Skywalker
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(5) R5 Astromech
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 88

Total points: 197

Also, thanks again for those templates @Brunas!

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

Just saying, I think it is slightly misleading to simply count the ships. More telling would be "lists with at least one of". (e: if they are simply counted -  I didn't check yet)

It is an important difference if there were 11 lists with Quadjumpers and 1 made the cut (9%), or if there were just 3 lists and 1 made the cut (33%). Of course that's only an issue when looking at chassis or generic pilots.

Aren't they already doing that? I might be reading the stats wrong, but I seem they are counting "number of lists with pilot" which should mean generics only get counted once per list.

Wedge wasn't good enough for Mynock Open :(

Excluding Coruscant, we have now the same number of entries for Wedge and Whisper (109 and 110) but the former has a conversion rate of 10% and the latter of 20%.

It's also interesting that there were only 1 rebel list in the cut of the last two major NA event (crossroads and mynocks). If we would exclude Spanish and Nordics, wedge would sit at 0% (like almost every other rebel pilot). Wedge was also extremely more popular at those 2 european events (74 vs 33), but the american events were smaller. Crossroads stats in particular, screw up numbers quite a bit since it was a 81 people event with top 16 cut while Mynocks and Nordics had almost double players while having a similar cut

39 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

4-2 with Luke Gunner on the weekend. Got REKT on stream too lol. 

5/6 of my games were losing Wedge by 2nd turn of combat and Han “soloing” the rest of the list. I won 4 of those 5, stream game only one I didn’t. Had some stream nerves knowing the internet was like, “wtf, why is this guy running this?”. 

Also, Han seems good by the way. Just don’t put a 30 point upgrade on him, so you can take something that’s not Wedge. Like this seems decent.

Han/Luke

(92) Han Solo
(14) Kanan Jarrus
(2) Jyn Erso
(1) Trick Shot
Points 109

(62) Luke Skywalker
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(5) R5 Astromech
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 88

Total points: 197

Han has lots of potential! I played a bit of Han Wedge and I'm pretty much sold on LW, Kanan, r2d2 Han. People keep trying to sell me on trickshot but LW seemed very good so far

I don't mind having Wedge as a wingman since he's just there to take damage instead of Han and possibly handling some back before dying in a blaze of glory, a decent Luke is a bit too expansive imo

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Aren't they already doing that? I might be reading the stats wrong, but I seem they are counting "number of lists with pilot" which should mean generics only get counted once per list.

yep, I finally checked and they already do. Sorry for doubting whoever put it in!

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Correct - that list only counts if that pilot name showed up in a list, not how many times in that list.

This was done to only to illustrate how often a ship showed up in a list, because from a "feel" perspective, we felt that's a better representation. Like if there's 1 TIE swarm, it's technically correct that there might be 6 Academy Pilots, but in reality if they're all in the same list, it will only "feel" like there's 1, because there's only 1 person playing them. This usually hits talas, gunrunners, and Binayre pilots the most (TIE swarms, as few as there are, are pretty diverse outside of howlrunner + Iden).

This is with Crossroads, Nordics, Spanish Nationals, and Mynock Open:

Pilot # List with Pilot Made Cut % Median Faction % of faction
Wedge Antilles 108 11 10.19% 1.0 Rebel 63.5%
Luke Skywalker 78 7 8.97% 1.0 Rebel 45.9%
Whisper 108 20 18.52% 3.0 Empire 45.8%
Boba Fett 67 20 29.85% 2.0 Scum 43.8%
Redline 88 16 18.18% 3.5 Empire 37.3%

Chassis # List with Ship Made Cut % Faction % of faction Format
X-Wing 152 12 7.89% Rebel 89.41% Second Edition
TIE Phantom 119 23 19.33% Empire 50.42% Extend
Firespray 73 20 27.40% Scum 47.71% Second Edition
Punisher 103 19 18.45% Empire 43.64% Extend
Interceptor 85 12 14.12% Empire 36.02% Extend
Fang Fighter 52 9 17.31% Scum 33.99% Second Edition

And now, removing Crossroads:

Pilot # List with Pilot Made Cut % Median Faction % of faction
Wedge Antilles 99 11 11.11% 1.0 Rebel 64.7%
Luke Skywalker 70 7 10.00% 1.0 Rebel 45.8%
Whisper 95 12 12.63% 3.0 Empire 48.5%
Boba Fett 57 17 29.82% 2.0 Scum 44.5%
Redline 72 11 15.28% 3.5 Empire 36.7%

Chassis # List with Ship Made Cut % Faction % of faction Format
X-Wing 137 12 8.76% Rebel 89.54% Second Edition
TIE Phantom 102 13 12.75% Empire 52.04% Extend
Firespray 63 17 26.98% Scum 49.22% Second Edition
Punisher 86 14 16.28% Empire 43.88% Extend
Interceptor 71 9 12.68% Empire 36.22% Extend
Fang Fighter 39 7 17.95% Scum 30.47% Second Edition

*The color coding is just a highlight compared to "average % in cut" which is dynamic based on how many lists are in cut vs swiss.

14.3% /w Crossroads

13.4% w/o Crossroads.

**No, it's not an amazing indicator, but it's an easy brightline, and I like colors.

4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

You could always try the Thread started by Gold Squadron for the info:

64.6% of Imperial players brought Whisper, and 87.5% of Imperial players that made the cut, did it using her. 

Scum made up only 30% of the field (barely more than Rebels), but they made the cut as many times as Imperials, giving them the highest faction conversion rate of 16.3%, versus 12.3% for the Empire and... 2.1% for Rebels. The most popular Scum ship was only 5th place by percent of lists.

Old Teroch was the most popular pilot to miss the cut (who isn't a rebel). Rebels hold the entire top 5.

IG-88B was the least popular pilot to make the cut (one list). Pure Sabacc and Iggy-A follow at two lists each.

Soontir had the highest cut rate of any popular pilot after I arbitrarily exclude things according to a made-up definition of popular.

Six brave souls brought Jumpmasters. Five of them were Dengar.

Only two ships weren't fielded at all - the YV-666 and the ship formerly known as the TAP. Interesting that one of those is not only a Supernatural platform, but the only one that has both boost and roll natively on the action bar at all times, and nobody cares regardless. Two-die primary too weak, even with missiles? 

The Jumpmaster (!!) was the most popular frame to miss the cut that wasn't a rebel. Rebels hold the top 3.

The Iggies were the least popular frame to make the cut, by far, only showing up in two lists. Next lowest is a tie between the ARC and the Scum 1300, which showed up a comparatively whopping five times each.

3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Also just pointing out the 0% Wedge conversion (of 52% rebel lists!) and the 2.6% Xwing chassis conversion.

The flattering version is that every single Rebel in the cut had an X-Wing. 

On that note, the least popular Rebel ship to make the cut is the ARC, giving it a 20% conversion rate. 

1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

This is with Crossroads, Nordics, Spanish Nationals, and Mynock Open:

Nice, I like to see my numbers are almost the same this means I didn't screw up too much while gathering them!

What I found more amusing is that while there are difference between tournament in NA and EU regarding Imperials and Rebels, for scum it's pretty much the same story in both regions with Boba being the only big outlier out there.

I would love to have more tournament published somewhere, as far as I know no one compiled anything for the Belgium Nats but I have hopes for the Slovak one

On 11/2/2018 at 6:35 PM, jagsba said:

I like fearless teroch and 3 zealots over the skulls, but either way they're a blast to fly.

I ran Fenn, 2 skulls and Lando craft with TacOff.  All four had crack at a 17 person 2e tournament over the weekend.  Only person to go 4-0.  Faced 2 beefy rebel lists, a Supernatural Vader and a Boba + Fenn list.  I beat the Boba + Fenn in game 4 very easily.  Faced him again in the cut and lost by less than 20 MOV.  Had some dice variance go sideways (had range 1 bullseye with Lando, used by action to BR out of arc and threw three focus results...SAD!).  Plus my opponent is just a very good player and corrected a couple mistakes in the 2nd match.  Oh well.  In 2e fangs are VERY good.  I'm now 7-2 in 2e tournaments using lists with 2+ fangs in them.

2 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

@Tlfj200 what are Vader's numbers if you have them? 

Just how bad is it? ?

They're... not good.

Pilot # List with Pilot Made Cut % Median
Bid
Faction % of faction

Darth Vader

40 2 5.00% 2.5 Empire 16.9%

Moar darth vader stats (because we already had them - I dont do this muc work per-ship):

Darth Vader Swiss Cut % Made Cut
Total 40 2 5.0%
Supernatural Reflexes 23 2 8.7%
  57.50% 100.00%  
None 14 0 0.0%
  35.00% 0.00%