Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

So I'm playing in the Greyskull Narrative campaign on Vassal. I suggested banning Harpoon missiles for the next time around and well....

"I guess my main point is the following: PS5+ EPT generics are essentially aces in the Grayskull meta. And only two out of three factions have access to those. So if I'm playing as imperial/scum player and I'm facing rebels, I can know that I have the PS/EPT advantage, and can formulate my tactic accordingly."

Lets just say I showed them the darkside. tactic accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mattman7306 said:

So I'm playing in the Greyskull Narrative campaign on Vassal. I suggested banning Harpoon missiles for the next time around and well....

"I guess my main point is the following: PS5+ EPT generics are essentially aces in the Grayskull meta. And only two out of three factions have access to those. So if I'm playing as imperial/scum player and I'm facing rebels, I can know that I have the PS/EPT advantage, and can formulate my tactic accordingly."

Lets just say I showed them the darkside. tactic accordingly.

Ackhcually.... 

Green squadron pilot

title 

VI 

Adaptibility up

Ps 6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mattman7306 said:

So I'm playing in the Greyskull Narrative campaign on Vassal. I suggested banning Harpoon missiles for the next time around and well....

"I guess my main point is the following: PS5+ EPT generics are essentially aces in the Grayskull meta. And only two out of three factions have access to those. So if I'm playing as imperial/scum player and I'm facing rebels, I can know that I have the PS/EPT advantage, and can formulate my tactic accordingly."

Lets just say I showed them the darkside. tactic accordingly.

I worked around the EPT issue on generics at GenCon. Pair of Grey Sqdns with Targeting Astromechs, Guidance Chips, Extra Munitions and Proton Torpedoes. One flew in all four rounds, killing opponent fighters at will. It gave me the ability to push the throttle and control the range before unloading nearly perfect results. No duds at GenCon, but it's prone to happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mildly interesting statistics brought to you by the shriveled remains of NovaSquadronRadio

 

Gunboat thread - 8417 comments in 1273 days -> 6.6 comments per day

Rebels thread - 9590 comments in 1120 days -> 8.6 comments per day

Krayt thread - 1529 comments in 137 days -> 11.2 comments per day

 

Krayts on top? I agree! At this rate, we'll hit 10,000 comments on 5/22/2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

Mildly interesting statistics brought to you by the shriveled remains of NovaSquadronRadio

 

Gunboat thread - 8417 comments in 1273 days -> 6.6 comments per day

Rebels thread - 9590 comments in 1120 days -> 8.6 comments per day

Krayt thread - 1529 comments in 137 days -> 11.2 comments per day

 

Krayts on top? I agree! At this rate, we'll hit 10,000 comments on 5/22/2020.

These #s are literally noise. This doesnt take into account how loud Krayt comments are.

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

Some of us are trying to be loud but really can't accomplish much.

I'LL BE LOUD ENOUGH FOR BOTH OF U.S. 

 

1 hour ago, Killerardvark said:

Mildly interesting statistics brought to you by the shriveled remains of NovaSquadronRadio

Krayt thread - 1529 comments in 137 days -> 11.2 comments per day

Gunboat thread - 8417 comments in 1273 days -> 6.6 comments per day

Rebels thread - 9590 comments in 1120 days -> 8.6 comments per day

 

 

Krayts on top? I agree! At this rate, we'll hit 10,000 comments on 5/22/2020.

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mattman7306 said:

So I'm playing in the Greyskull Narrative campaign on Vassal. I suggested banning Harpoon missiles for the next time around and well....

"I guess my main point is the following: PS5+ EPT generics are essentially aces in the Grayskull meta. And only two out of three factions have access to those. So if I'm playing as imperial/scum player and I'm facing rebels, I can know that I have the PS/EPT advantage, and can formulate my tactic accordingly."

Lets just say I showed them the darkside. tactic accordingly.

Can I play generic push autothrusters sensors silencers in the narrative? and if so uhh, how many.  I'm doing that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brunas said:

Can I play generic push autothrusters sensors silencers in the narrative? and if so uhh, how many.  I'm doing that

Full ban list is: 

General:
Twin Laser Turret 
Seismic Torpedoes 
Minefield Mapper 
Cruise Missile 
Deadeye 


Imperial:
Emperor Palpatine 
TIE Phantoms 
Any TIE/FO 
Any TIE/SF 
Any Upsilon-class Shuttle 
Kylo Ren 
General Hux 
Darth Vader 
Royal Guard TIE 
Royal Guard Pilot


Rebel:
Any T-70 X-wing 
Biggs 
Rey 
Finn 
BB-8 
Captured TIE modification 
Any Auzituck Gunship 
Han Solo
C-3P0
R2-D2
Leia
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker

So technically yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brunas said:

Can I play generic push autothrusters sensors silencers in the narrative? and if so uhh, how many.  I'm doing that

Silencer will end up on the ban due to time period... It's First Order not Empire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattman7306 said:

Imperial:

Emperor Palpatine 
TIE Phantoms 
Any TIE/FO 
Any TIE/SF 
Any Upsilon-class Shuttle 
Kylo Ren 
General Hux 
Darth Vader 
Royal Guard TIE 
Royal Guard Pilot

Man, this just sounds like "no fun allowed." That hits most of my favorite ships/pilots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Killerardvark said:

Mildly interesting statistics brought to you by the shriveled remains of NovaSquadronRadio

 

Gunboat thread - 8417 comments in 1273 days -> 6.6 comments per day

Rebels thread - 9590 comments in 1120 days -> 8.6 comments per day

Krayt thread - 1529 comments in 137 days -> 11.2 comments per day

 

Krayts on top? I agree! At this rate, we'll hit 10,000 comments on 5/22/2020.

This can never be allowed to happen! GUNBOATS ON TOP FOREVER!

Wait, I just added to the Krayt thread post count, thus making myself part of the problem...

Curse you, Krayts!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, defkhan1 said:

Man, this just sounds like "no fun allowed." That hits most of my favorite ships/pilots.

It's a story-based event set in the Rebellion timeline, so it makes sense actually. Particularly... Why is the Emperor guarding a munitions supply depot? How did Kylo develop time travel?

But yes, somebody always has different sets of favourites. The drafting of uniques though is cool, as is the only one life a named pilot gets... They get shot down, they're gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 10:00 AM, Boom Owl said:

From my initial games PS11 Aces are genuinely scared of a properly flown PS9 Kylo. The "you don't have to move last to win" comments are real. 

I may believe you, but I think the subset of players that can properly fly him to accomplish that is so small, it's like trying to find Waldo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gennataos said:

I may believe you, but I think the subset of players that can properly fly him to accomplish that is so small, it's like trying to find Waldo.

Haha, dont think to much of it, its basically just alot of flying away and re-engaging in better spots like all ace stuff. Only have to do it for one maybe two turns then everything is PS0 anyway. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...