Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Would Luke+Luuke be a good squad? 2 Supernatural Lukes leaves 52 points for Gear on your Luukes. R2 astros, afterburners, and Torps are all reasonable.

 

2 Lukes with R2 astro and Super, Sabine?

Or 2 Shield upgrade R2D2 Proton Torps lukes?

The original hypothetical was if we'd take a Luke without supernatural, which (most of us if I recall) super would if it didn't prevent us taking supernatural Luke. So that leaves you with 74 points to mess with, I think you can find something almost as good as 180 points of imperials for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Biophysical said:

A thought on the section of the last podcast talking about planning for future turns.  

There is a lot of daylight between "planning your dial based on what the exact game state will be in 2 turns" and "Planning for 2 turns from now".

People could quite reasonably expect to do the second while you guys are arguing as if they've made the first statement.  

Planning for future turns could involve things like "ship X will be in the fight in 2 turns, where do I need to be?", "ship Y needs to be destroyed for my opponent to win, where will his ships be to make that happen?", or "I don't want to be funneled in the asteroids in 2 turns, what should I do to avoid that?".

These aren't big mastermind 5d chess projections, but they are planning for 2 turns in the future.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brunas

Hey I'm one of those random internet scrubs that participated in both over / under's. I looked for like 5 seconds to see where I could compare what I put vs what happened. I also have the memory of a goldfish so I don't remember what I put. Is that something we plebs can see? If not, no worries I'll just remember to copy them somewhere. 

Edited by delrustymar
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delrustymar said:

@Brunas

Hey I'm one of those random internet scrubs that participated in both over / under's. I looked for like 5 seconds to see where I could compare what I put vs what happened. I also have the memory of a goldfish so I don't remember what I put. Is that something we plebs can see? If not, no worries I'll just remember to copy them somewhere. 

I don't have a way of publishing the first rounds results since everyone's email is on them. This time you'll get an email when we get results with how you did.

 

I can check manually for coruscant, if you're interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to be flying X-Wings but outside Luke (and unable to build the rest of a list - I'm no architect) I'm coming up blank. 

Realization: Why am I fighting this? January is likely to bring a points change of some sort changing the meta at some level. Fly Rebels when the time comes, right now I should just enjoy my TIE Phantoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I don't have a way of publishing the first rounds results since everyone's email is on them. This time you'll get an email when we get results with how you did.

 

I can check manually for coruscant, if you're interested.

can't you do a name and an email column then delete the email column in published data?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

I want to be flying X-Wings but outside Luke (and unable to build the rest of a list - I'm no architect) I'm coming up blank. 

Realization: Why am I fighting this? January is likely to bring a points change of some sort changing the meta at some level. Fly Rebels when the time comes, right now I should just enjoy my TIE Phantoms.

Broadly it looks like 2.0 should reward people for being adaptable, that's something I've enjoyed about past couresconts meme formats. I'm totally prepared to freak out if January comes and extended is still token stack move last and bomb wing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Realization: Why am I fighting this? January is likely to bring a points change of some sort changing the meta at some level. Fly Rebels when the time comes, right now I should just enjoy my TIE Phantoms.

My hope is that this is simply the new state of things. Not Rebels sucking, but the knowledge that at any given point within 6 months from now there's going to be a meta shakeup so there's no need to get super angsty about any individual ship, upgrade, list, or meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I'm totally prepared to freak out if January comes and extended is still token stack move last and bomb wing

I actually expect this is around to stay. I'd be surprised if FFG totally priced out these options and that's the only way to prevent people from taking them.... Outside of special event rules, of course... I'm on board with those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Ok, which podcast, stream, post or article did I miss where ‚architect‘ was introduced?

I‘ve never heard it until a week ago and now there are severals using it

Someone on Reddit mentioned months ago that they really like some stupid bomb wall list they were playing, because it reminded them of their work (in architecture).

 

It stuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

And now it‘s used to mean Johnny? Or is there a difference?

I think I saw/heard it used meaning tinkerer or inventive player.

It's an insulting jab at listbuilding to do "creative" things that are basically bad or uninteractive.

 

"What do you mean you won't go into my bombs?! I'm an architect! I earned this! Look at my beautiful structure I built!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunas said:

It's an insulting jab at listbuilding to do "creative" things that are basically bad or uninteractive.

That's interesting. Does Dion know it's an insult? In their recent podcast about league night he seemed to be using it in earnest when talking about a variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

That's interesting. Does Dion know it's an insult? In their recent podcast about league night he seemed to be using it in earnest when talking about a variant.

 

7 minutes ago, Brunas said:

It's an insulting jab at listbuilding to do "creative" things that are basically bad or uninteractive.

 

"What do you mean you won't go into my bombs?! I'm an architect! I earned this! Look at my beautiful structure I built!"

I've been wondering where it came from too. Because, you know, we're not all like that... :/

To be fair though, IT people... amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

List Building In Progress: 

1080_2906200560406.jpg

Id say about 75% of the time I take something good and just make it worse. 

I do that, then I use it to make pretty formation pictures on the board, before making my box.  Honestly, I like X-wing turns 0-3/4 more than any other turns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...