Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Honestly, Rebels could look into a similar build for Rey.  Only one turn, but AGI3 + infinite Focus / reroll Rey for a turn would really help preserve her on the initial joust.  Is it just too many points?

This seems legit:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!201:27,-1,200,159:40:27:U.128,m.12;175:27,-1,148,254:39:15:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Have you looked at a build like this @gennataos?

My Determination Rey build originally had GS instead of SC, same point cost as yours, but I didn't commit to trying it a lot.  I saw the SC/CM shenanigans and grew enamored with it.  I think there's a strong argument for it over SC, since blocking can hose her, Poe can reasonably pull off TLs and you can't guarantee Rey in range for SC to proc.

I'm leaning toward Engine Rey, though.  She can force a jousting decision and EU lets her close the gap to get inside missile range and/or blocks.

On VI...boy would I love to just staple that to her, even over Experise.  I live in fear of the Kylo dumpster, though, even moreso starting tomorrow.  I guess I need to see how that matchup turns out, but I suspect I already know.  

I ran this a couple times last night in Vassal and it did well.  Rey dies in this list a lot, no doubt.  Poe is strong enough now to be a closer, but he really has to finish stuff, because he won't cost more than some other closers.  Large base boost is so good, particularly when backed up by blank rerolls.  Poe is ignored out of necessity to kill Rey, but he's not slap fighting anymore with Advance Optics.  I could drop Poe to the PS8 version and get R2-D2, which might be necessary to be more competitve, but I'm so weary of running.

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Veteran Instincts (1)
BB-8 (2)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by gennataos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I just downloaded the first episode. Unlistenable. The audio stinks. It was compressed and tinny. I’ll stick with “Stay in Target”. 

Honestly, that's a bit short sighted. it was their first attempt at podcast. Maybe try a few episodes in before passing judgement. The suggestion to start with the listener series is a good one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gennataos said:

My Determination Rey build originally had GS instead of SC, same point cost as yours, but I didn't commit to trying it a lot.  I saw the SC/CM shenanigans and grew enamored with it.  I think there's a strong argument for it over SC, since blocking can hose her, Poe can reasonably pull off TLs and you can't guarantee Rey in range for SC to proc.

I'm leaning toward Engine Rey, though.  She can force a jousting decision and EU lets her close the gap to get inside missile range and/or blocks.

On VI...boy would I love to just staple that to her, even over Experise.  I live in fear of the Kylo dumpster, though, even moreso starting tomorrow.  I guess I need to see how that matchup turns out, but I suspect I already know.  

I ran this a couple times last night in Vassal and it did well.  Rey dies in this list a lot, no doubt.  Poe is strong enough now to be a closer, but he really has to finish stuff, because he won't cost more than some other closers.  Large base boost is so good, particularly when backed up by blank rerolls.  Poe is ignored out of necessity to kill Rey, but he's not slap fighting anymore with Advance Optics.  I could drop Poe to the PS8 version and get R2-D2, which might be necessary to be more competitve, but I'm so weary of running.

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Veteran Instincts (1)
BB-8 (2)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

My Rey has always been:

 

VI

Finn

Kanan

New Falcon Title

 

It is a monster.  Having Rey able to blow away PS9 ships before they get to shoot has been extremely effective.  It does take practice to fly, so that you don't get blocked and know which lanes to take to be able to get back into the fight quickly.

 

If there are points left, Glitterstim and Countermeasures do indeed make great additions as well.  I'm less fond of Engine Upgrade, simply because I usually find that those 4 points are better spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mightyspacepope said:

If there are points left, Glitterstim and Countermeasures do indeed make great additions as well.  I'm less fond of Engine Upgrade, simply because I usually find that those 4 points are better spent elsewhere.

What don't you like about EU on Rey?  I'm not committed to it by any means.  It seems to me that it can help you control range better, which lessens the need for Countermeasures.  It seems even more useful at PS10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Thanks again everyone double checking formatting and everything.  Here's where 1.0 landed: https://imgur.com/a/uR3RL.  These aren't the resources you'll use from game to game, @Rytackle now moving everything over to a prettier and more convenient format which is frankly amazing.

Are those made in the FFG Mission creator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunas said:

The initial maps were, the rest is a template Farmer made (you'll notice a theme here!)

I find it amazing that there still no official mission packs after all the obvious work people put into making custom missions, and then the massive turnout for events where these are played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before U-boats came out, I flew a version of Danger Zone during the Palp Aces era. Went to three store champs and did not lose a single game of Swiss. Lots of dead Palp aces along the way. Back before TLT + Tac was nerfed:

 

PS2 K-wing + TLT / Tactician

PS2 K-wing + TLT / Tactician

PS2 Stresshog

PS2 Z-95

 

 

That was a long time ago though. Now that bombs are (mostly) gone, looks like Palp Aces are back on top! Not sure how good a super-expensve PS9 Kylo is going to do in a meta of PS10/PS11, without a way to reliably push PS0 out.

Edited by MajorJuggler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MajorJuggler said:

"You're supposed to be scared of your opponent's list. That feeling of oh **** how am I going to win this game is supposed to happen every game."

 

This is the goal of Community Mod. :)

So I shouldn't be saying this before every match? Trip wookiees just makes me feel so safe :P

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brunas said:

Thanks again everyone double checking formatting and everything.  Here's where 1.0 landed: https://imgur.com/a/uR3RL.  These aren't the resources you'll use from game to game, @Rytackle now moving everything over to a prettier and more convenient format which is frankly amazing.

And as is tradition, spotted a typo on my one last read through.  Page 1, End Phase paragraph, “at the stard of the end phase”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played a Kylo mirror on Vassal. Boy do I wish I included a bid in my list. I won the init roll, but I just know that roll is going to be stressful every game.

Also I did the cool white 2-forward trick! Dialed in a 4K to get behind my opponent's Kylo. He sees it coming and BRs to block it. I Adv Sensors PTL Focus + TL and take the white 2 fwd. Barely missed the arc dodge so we traded range 1 shots and showed each other the dark side. It was still cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dismal Scientist said:

I wonder what the venn diagram of “people getting angry about paying more for a small base ship” and “people who paid for acrylic tokens” looks like.

I would also like to see the venn diagram of players who are angry about the Silencer and already own a U-Wing or Two Scum Aggressors. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...