SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

How many in the list have Expertise?  Cuz Fenn isn't "Fenning" the one that does.

All of them.  The list is:

Brath: Ion Cannon, TIE Mk. II, Cruise, TIE/D, Expertise

Vessery: Ion Cannon, TIE Mk. II, Cruise, TIE/D, Expertise

It works very well against most things, because it turns out that knowing where something will be is good.  The one real problem it has is massed TLT.

2 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

I thought that’s why Fenn was potentially VI/ R3-A2 build so he could Fenn but also stress whatever had expertise before it shot.

Can't Fenn then, and I either have mods for both ships, or Vessery will hit you.

EDIT: I also then manage to shut down his ability for a very long time (Unless you have another ship removing the stress).

Edited by Do I need a Username

8 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Can't Fenn then, and I either have mods for both ships, or Vessery will hit you.

EDIT: I also then manage to shut down his ability for a very long time (Unless you have another ship removing the stress).

The Cassian Andor U-Wing Meta is upon us. 

Things with the word Advanced in them are good right? Right? 

Cassian Andor — U-Wing 27
Push the Limit 3
Advanced Sensors 3
Kanan Jarrus 3
Lando Calrissian 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Pivot Wing 0
Ship Total: 43
Edited by Boom Owl

13 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

All of them.  The list is:

Brath: Ion Cannon, TIE Mk. II, Cruise, TIE/D, Expertise

Vessery: Ion Cannon, TIE Mk. II, Cruise, TIE/D, Expertise

It works very well against most things, because it turns out that knowing where something will be is good.  The one real problem it has is massed TLT.

So the plan is Ion, primary, flip for cruise?  It does look nasty.  But what if the Ion doesn't hit (cuz Fenn, M9-G8/Weapons Engineer, Lowhhrick) and Miranda leaves you a bomb present after having hit you with a 5-die Harpoon?  

I know we're only battling each others lists, but what about:

• high PS alpha
  • stress wookies
  • tanky Asajj + Fenn

1 minute ago, Do I need a Username said:

counter-point: I'll just murder Rex with 4 attacks.  Or loose a cannon attack to shoot whatever.

And Biggs. Must have Biggs. Or Lowhhrick. Or Leebo. Get me something, dang it.

I'm just going to throw ridiculous at you without actually trying here. There are shutdown lists (3 wookies/tactician) that would do it, but I can't bring myself to do it.

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

So the plan is Ion, primary, flip for cruise?  It does look nasty.  But what if the Ion doesn't hit (cuz Fenn, M9-G8/Weapons Engineer, Lowhhrick) and Miranda leaves you a bomb present after having hit you with a 5-die Harpoon?  

I know we're only battling each others lists, but what about:

• high PS alpha
  • stress wookies
  • tanky Asajj + Fenn

Actually its more often a one bank VS. Bombs.  And probably attack Miranda first.  I played against a Miranda Warden Lowrick with this when I had HLC instead of Ion and Cruise.  As for the other matchups, Alpha is bad for me in general, especially if I can't range control one of them.  Stress wookiees are also a problem, I just have to hope I get enough damage through that one is gone, and then I think I can win.  Asajj + Fenn + Scout is the first game I played with this, and I almost won it (Did a stupid and put Fenn in a better position with a bump).  Typically what I do with that is tell my opponent that I don't believe that Asajj can survive my offense (which may or may not be true, I still don't know what Timelock Asajj is).

14 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

And Biggs. Must have Biggs. Or Lowhhrick. Or Leebo. Get me something, dang it.

I'm just going to throw ridiculous at you without actually trying here. There are shutdown lists (3 wookies/tactician) that would do it, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Probably would, but if I can use the range 3 to ion one/two of them I think I might have a chance.

Edit: To be clear, I know my List isn't tier 1, but it probably is 1.75, 2.  It's good enough to be fun for casual nights and does well there.

1 minute ago, Do I need a Username said:

Probably would, but if I can use the range 3 to ion one/two of them I think I might have a chance.

It's rough. Give it a go ahead of time. I'm at the stage where I'm trying to figure things out enough for regionals. Normally I wouldn't care, but because I actually made cut at Nationals (no experience, no plan, hold my beer, I'm going in!) I'd kinda like to see if it was a fluke combination of power list and luck. I'm deciding whether I just play dice yatzee or fly something serious and likely be disappointed when it gets curb stomped by the rampaging wookie parties. I refuse to join in, I can't grow a beard well enough to blend in to the crowd.

2 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I still don't know what Timelock Asajj is

Asajj - Lone Wolf (is this optional?) Latts crew, Countermeasures, Glitterstim x2 - Ultimately it's higher probability of getting enough evades to blunt incoming attacks for a round.

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

It's rough. Give it a go ahead of time. I'm at the stage where I'm trying to figure things out enough for regionals. Normally I wouldn't care, but because I actually made cut at Nationals (no experience, no plan, hold my beer, I'm going in!) I'd kinda like to see if it was a fluke combination of power list and luck. I'm deciding whether I just play dice yatzee or fly something serious and likely be disappointed when it gets curb stomped by the rampaging wookie parties. I refuse to join in, I can't grow a beard well enough to blend in to the crowd.

Asajj - Lone Wolf (is this optional?) Latts crew, Countermeasures, Glitterstim x2 - Ultimately it's higher probability of getting enough evades to blunt incoming attacks for a round.

Fair enough.  Congrats on the Cut!  Part of why I fly this is because I can't make it to many big tournaments, so this list does well enough.  As for Timelock Asajj, It seems good, but I have multiple rounds hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Fair enough.  Congrats on the Cut!  Part of why I fly this is because I can't make it to many big tournaments, so this list does well enough.  As for Timelock Asajj, It seems good, but I have multiple rounds hopefully.

Yeah, I think the biggest hurt to your list (other than TLT) would be Ps 9+ alpha strikes, or a swarm of something. Because tie/d defenders don’t have quite the defense x/7s do, and sooner or later your green dice will fail you. Given, tie defenders are a more forgiving ship than most imperials, but we’ve seen dice fail before. And a swarm that could correctly anticipate your moves (you are in defenders, and while it’s still hard to predict, not impossible) would leave you in a bad spot. 

Then there’s the more even match ups, it just becomes a dice slugfest, talking things like the ghost, Rey, Dash, etc. basically anything that can throw dice higher than your agility. Double tap would put you in favor, but most of these are turrets, and even if you ion them (outside of Rey losing her ability and her extra dice) there still going to be able to shoot and possibly bring some pain.

10 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Honestly, Rebels could look into a similar build for Rey.  Only one turn, but AGI3 + infinite Focus / reroll Rey for a turn would really help preserve her on the initial joust.  Is it just too many points?

This seems legit:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!201:27,-1,200,159:40:27:U.128,m.12;175:27,-1,148,254:39:15:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Have you looked at a build like this @gennataos?

6 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Part of why I fly this is because I can't make it to many big tournaments, so this list does well enough.  As for Timelock Asajj, It seems good, but I have multiple rounds hopefully.

My impression is that your list isn't bad. You've got some rough match ups against stress lists and TLTs, but so does a lot of things.

The trick for Asajj of course is while your attacks are blunted, their list keeps firing. It's pretty good, I've flown a poor man's knock-off. It can, of course, be beaten.

10 hours ago, Brunas said:

...Why?  Was this like a tournament?  Does someone like winning so much that they want to cheat in random pickup or practice games?  They presumably did that every game for a very long time, it's nearly impossible to catch (if they did it well).

I don't understand it, either, ethically, but the thing that gets me is more "Jesus, that's a lot of work."  Even if I were willing to somehow try to justify the ethics of it, I'm just too goddamn lazy.

1 minute ago, Biophysical said:

Honestly, Rebels could look into a similar build for Rey.  Only one turn, but AGI3 + infinite Focus / reroll Rey for a turn would really help preserve her on the initial joust.  Is it just too many points?

This seems legit:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!201:27,-1,200,159:40:27:U.128,m.12;175:27,-1,148,254:39:15:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Have you looked at a build like this @gennataos?

Does this work? It's 20 points more than Asajj and works only on ships in arc, right?

35 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Yeah, I think the biggest hurt to your list (other than TLT) would be Ps 9+ alpha strikes, or a swarm of something. Because tie/d defenders don’t have quite the defense x/7s do, and sooner or later your green dice will fail you. Given, tie defenders are a more forgiving ship than most imperials, but we’ve seen dice fail before. And a swarm that could correctly anticipate your moves (you are in defenders, and while it’s still hard to predict, not impossible) would leave you in a bad spot. 

Then there’s the more even match ups, it just becomes a dice slugfest, talking things like the ghost, Rey, Dash, etc. basically anything that can throw dice higher than your agility. Double tap would put you in favor, but most of these are turrets, and even if you ion them (outside of Rey losing her ability and her extra dice) there still going to be able to shoot and possibly bring some pain.

That's my problem too.  My biggest goal is to get them to split their forces (Because one is a flanker or whatever) and just pounce on what remains.  It works OK, but turrets are a pain.  In the slugfest, I think I have an advantage, and the HLC variant managed to beat a Dash/Poe at a tournament (Tabled even!) so I know I can win that.

Just now, LagJanson said:

Does this work? It's 20 points more than Asajj and works only on ships in arc, right?

I don't know, I don't really play Rebels.  I think it would be different than Asajj, who probably uses it once she gets in the mix.  Rey uses it to get ahead on the damage curve and laugh off alpha strikes, I think.  

26 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I don't know, I don't really play Rebels.  I think it would be different than Asajj, who probably uses it once she gets in the mix.  Rey uses it to get ahead on the damage curve and laugh off alpha strikes, I think.  

I guess the benefit is Rey hits a heck of a lot harder so may not need the same support from the rest of the list. By the by, I'm trying to convince myself as I was thinking about Rey earlier as a potential list center point, but the cost to put her on the table is disconcerting.

12 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I guess the benefit is Rey hits a heck of a lot harder so may not need the same support from the rest of the list. By the by, I'm trying to convince myself as I was thinking about Rey earlier as a potential list center point, but the cost to put her on the table is disconcerting.

4/5 dice gun with intrinsic re-rolls, backed up by a 3-dice primary weapon turret is certainly more ship than a 3 dice half turret.