SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

18 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Under the special rules the shuttle has in mission 4, you have "it's" instead of "its"

I hate English.

6 hours ago, RStan said:

@Brunas incoming Battlefront 2 meta opinions....

A-Wings and Tri-Droid best interceptors

TIE Interceptor shoots too slow and overheats too fast, just use the TIE Fighter

TIE/SF not really an interceptor, also just use TIE/FO Fighter

I think the star card is called "Elite Pilot" or something that increases your turn rate. Using that on interceptors makes it almost unfair (in a fun way, not broken) for all other ships that aren't interceptors with that star card. 

A-Wings and Tri-Fighters on top for sure - but I like the Interceptor once you upgrade the anti-overheat enough.  At least on PC it only takes a few shots to kill your target, so the overheating doesn't matter much.

Elite Pilot is super dumb.

1 hour ago, defkhan1 said:

What if I want to register using BitCoin? :P

Oh God - Not my problem, lol

So how sure of a thing is it that PS9 Goosebumps Kylo ( PTL Advanced Sensors Choose Your Own Ending ) will be consistent when there will still be a hot mess of PS10-PS11 Ships all over the place?

Yes he can toss out damaged cockpits so Nym at least is easy prey ( he already kinda was though with missiles or Kylo anything ). PS11 Coordinate Regen or FAA Poe, Wedge, or Wes are going to be a thing just because rebel players will want it to be and will inevitably make it a thing, small base 16 pt coordinate seems like madness ( I really dont want to know what broken nonsense Heaver is going to do with Rebel coordinate....) Scum still has Talonbane and Thweek running around ( though they are 100% a joke on the entire faction ) so its more about Lancer stuff there still. PS11 Imp Aces arent going anywhere and at least PS11 QD will be in most squads including Palp stuff. I guess cruise aces are still kinda awful against alot of matchups so maybe multiple PS11/10s are less relevant.

So is the assumption that Kylo will be able to set up shots without moving last ( kinda how that new starviper barrel roll or "good players" seeing the matrix allows ) and that he will be able to consistently shake off Alpha strikes with Autothrusters, Palp, Sensor Clusters and Defensive Rerolls followed by the cruel vengence of Damaged Cockpit on at least one target.

I dont really have a point so much as general skepticsm. Feels like you guys must have done some testing with Soontir as a proxy or something. 

I want Kylo to restore the Empire to its former glory. But are we so sure that this relentlessly emo goof ball can actually save us from our current unstoppable tie bomber thweek meta? 

Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.34.06_PM.pn

Probably? 

I cant decide what I am more excited for....the inevitable Tie Silencer spoiler or the Last Jedi. 

No matter what happens I am going to do an unreasonable # of pointless boost barrel rolls with Kylo before the first round of combat. Its going to look amazing.

Edited by Boom Owl

6 hours ago, Brunas said:

A-Wings and Tri-Fighters on top for sure - but I like the Interceptor once you upgrade the anti-overheat enough.  At least on PC it only takes a few shots to kill your target, so the overheating doesn't matter much.

Elite Pilot is super dumb.

I don't think I've gotten any of those anti-over heating interceptor cards yet, so I haven't had the chance to try it. I figured they'd need those type of star cards equipped to help the TIE Interceptor out. 

3 minutes ago, RStan said:

I don't think I've gotten any of those anti-over heating interceptor cards yet, so I haven't had the chance to try it. I figured they'd need those type of star cards equipped to help the TIE Interceptor out. 

they're insane in general - A-wings and tri fighters just never overheat

13 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

A really interesting article on perceptions of regional locations ("South," "Midwest," etc).

Which States Are in the Midwest? - FiveThirtyEight

Another hard hitting article from Walt Hickey, Chief Culture Writer for the FiveThirtyEight. Hero of the Fly Over State Resistance. 

Edited by Boom Owl

On 11/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, Brunas said:

@LagJanson @AEIllingworth @Major Tom Here's an updated one with the changes you suggested, and also less **** in general.  Thanks again, please let me know if I missed anything stupid.  These should be dropping next week, hopefully in a different format, these sheets are training wheels Ryan made for us to make changes quickly haha

https://imgur.com/a/CiNdV

With respect to Objective 5: Crate Carriers:

1) Do Crates get range 3 and obstruction bonuses for defending?  I assume so, but may be best to be explicit.

2) Is damage on crates tracked with damage cards from the friendly player's damage deck? Per the universal rules, they are not considered a "friendly ship".

Edited by judgeender

2 hours ago, judgeender said:

With respect to Objective 5: Crate Carriers:

1) Do Crates get range 3 and obstruction bonuses for defending?  I assume so, but may be best to be explicit.

2) Is damage on crates tracked with damage cards from the friendly player's damage deck? Per the universal rules, they are not considered a "friendly ship".

1) yes, and agreed

2) no, but it should also be explicit.

thanks!

3 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Welp you got your wish.

And then some! I'm really surprised they made the 3-banks green.

I don't think Mu0n adds anything to the module until it's been officially spoiled by FFG. Hopefully they'll release the article today since everything's just been spoiled.