SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

At that point (and maybe this is right), you're basically saying "my heavies will carry, Norra is just getting in the way without giving up MOV".

yep, though I think this is worth nothing: Three dice with no mods does 1.5 damage.  Two dice with a focus does 1.5 damage.  They'll do more or less the same amount of damage (Norra slightly more at range 1) and I don't think Evaan + ICT will be cheaper than Norra.

18 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

If you know someone with actual unity experience, send them my way. Otherwise the Duncan Howard Plot Armor Memorial App (version of the dice app where all symbols are pictures of Duncan with varying expressions) is all that I have.

I actually do know Unity a bit but I've been debating whether getting the dice app banned for 2.0 is a hill I really want to die on vs. spending more of my limited time on the calculator... opinions? :P

47 minutes ago, punkUser said:

I actually do know Unity a bit but I've been debating whether getting the dice app banned for 2.0 is a hill I really want to die on vs. spending more of my limited time on the calculator... opinions? :P

Finish the calculator before spending time on helping me make Duncan Simulator 2018.

4 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I'd like Tycho to be i6 actually. Like, I get that they're trying to only have iconic aces like Wedge and Vader be i6, but they gave it to Dengar and Fenn...

On that note- would people be happy or sad/angry if Boba and Dengar swapped initiative values?

Maybe Dengar is a more skilled pilot than Boba in lore, but Boba sells more merch.

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

On that note- would people be happy or sad/angry if Boba and Dengar swapped initiative values?

Maybe Dengar is a more skilled pilot than Boba in lore, but Boba sells more merch.

Nobody should care about that, and I don't know why that is what it is.

In the lore I always thought Boba was the better pilot and Dengar was just a really reliable right-hand man. Honestly, Dengar should've had Manaroo's ability and PS and Boba should've had Dengar's ability and PS. 

I don't mind Fenn that much though. He is really cool and I like him and I think lots of other people do too. Scum needs at least 1 i6 small-base ace and I think Fenn makes the most sense for that role. 

Or scum Darth Vader if you're reading the new Marvel Vader Comics :P 

26 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I don't mind Fenn that much though. He is really cool and I like him and I think lots of other people do too. Scum needs at least 1 i6 small-base ace and I think Fenn makes the most sense for that role.

Fenn in a Protectorate at I6: Yes

Fenn in a civilian shuttle at I6 especially after they specifically mentioned renaming pilot skill to initiative so that it made more sense when the same pilot has different values in different ships: Yeah... not so much...

3 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Other than knowing Fenn Rau is a Mandalorian I dont really know anything about the character, but the protectorate looks cool so I want him to be good.

Had alot of fun with Fenn in 1.0. Its such a direct ship and the playstyle was genuinely unique and effective against anything but bombs. 

Did they spoil 2.0 Fenn yet? Looking forward to using him with Guri and something else. 

0*4wUq3FshpQxf_j_9.jpg

38 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Other than knowing Fenn Rau is a Mandalorian I dont really know anything about the character, but the protectorate looks cool so I want him to be good.

Had alot of fun with Fenn in 1.0. Its such a direct ship and the playstyle was genuinely unique and effective against anything but bombs. 

Did they spoil 2.0 Fenn yet? Looking forward to using him with Guri and something else. 

0*4wUq3FshpQxf_j_9.jpg

Fenn Rau was spoiled at worlds- We have 2.0 promo Fenn Raus in the wild.

Same ability, same dial.