Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

Yeah I should have added all of those free upgrades onto Magva - good call!  I think that Hera is a better upgrade on Ezra instead of Adrenaline Rush. With Saw my thinking was to only use it when it was really needed. Could also throw Saw on Magva for when you do a 180 or you have a really good chance of pushing a crit to hull. Against GhostFenn that could be hilarious.  

  

I was also thinking of subbing Jess out for Biggs just for extra hilarity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

From a purely self defense standpoint, the extra die is better than a Focus for one base defense die.  This is magnified hugely if there is more than one attack.  If the Y-wing is any good, Evaan should be a good pilot.  

Also may be interesting to combo with Two Tubes/Kyle to pass Evaan a focus for his ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In creating a potentially new FSR list using new stuff from Saws Renegades I'm trying to figure out if a Cavern Angels Zealot with Selflessness or Magva piloting a UWing is a better addition. Magva sounds powerful, but the chassis makes flying an FSR more awkward and it's lack of turning around effectively really hurts it. Plus I figure in most cases in attacks incoming to you, usually only a single reroll is necessary for mods. A Zealot is cheaper, can carry selflessness, move likely first at PS1 in front of Lowhhrick to give him space to not be bumped and take the reinforce action. That also frees up Jess from taking Selflessness and hurting herself which can then lead to her taking VI and be in the back of the formation with Lowhhrick and allow Ezra (with snap shot) to lead along with the zealot. I think I just convinced myself, but games will need to be played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RStan said:

In creating a potentially new FSR list using new stuff from Saws Renegades I'm trying to figure out if a Cavern Angels Zealot with Selflessness or Magva piloting a UWing is a better addition. Magva sounds powerful, but the chassis makes flying an FSR more awkward and it's lack of turning around effectively really hurts it. Plus I figure in most cases in attacks incoming to you, usually only a single reroll is necessary for mods. A Zealot is cheaper, can carry selflessness, move likely first at PS1 in front of Lowhhrick to give him space to not be bumped and take the reinforce action. That also frees up Jess from taking Selflessness and hurting herself which can then lead to her taking VI and be in the back of the formation with Lowhhrick and allow Ezra (with snap shot) to lead along with the zealot. I think I just convinced myself, but games will need to be played. 

>trying to figure out how to defensively stack harder in X-wing 1.0

God ****, August can't come fast enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RStan said:

In creating a potentially new FSR list using new stuff from Saws Renegades I'm trying to figure out if a Cavern Angels Zealot with Selflessness or Magva piloting a UWing is a better addition. Magva sounds powerful, but the chassis makes flying an FSR more awkward and it's lack of turning around effectively really hurts it. Plus I figure in most cases in attacks incoming to you, usually only a single reroll is necessary for mods. A Zealot is cheaper, can carry selflessness, move likely first at PS1 in front of Lowhhrick to give him space to not be bumped and take the reinforce action. That also frees up Jess from taking Selflessness and hurting herself which can then lead to her taking VI and be in the back of the formation with Lowhhrick and allow Ezra (with snap shot) to lead along with the zealot. I think I just convinced myself, but games will need to be played. 

Why would this be better than 100pt Miranda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

From a purely self defense standpoint, the extra die is better than a Focus for one base defense die.  This is magnified hugely if there is more than one attack.  If the Y-wing is any good, Evaan should be a good pilot.  

I'm not sure that's a useful metric though. Do I care if my ywing is sightly tankier? If that was my goal I'd bring norra. Evaan seems useful if and only if I can use her to keep Biggs alive entirely too long.

 

Hopefully I can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RStan said:

In creating a potentially new FSR list using new stuff from Saws Renegades I'm trying to figure out if a Cavern Angels Zealot with Selflessness or Magva piloting a UWing is a better addition. Magva sounds powerful, but the chassis makes flying an FSR more awkward and it's lack of turning around effectively really hurts it. Plus I figure in most cases in attacks incoming to you, usually only a single reroll is necessary for mods. A Zealot is cheaper, can carry selflessness, move likely first at PS1 in front of Lowhhrick to give him space to not be bumped and take the reinforce action. That also frees up Jess from taking Selflessness and hurting herself which can then lead to her taking VI and be in the back of the formation with Lowhhrick and allow Ezra (with snap shot) to lead along with the zealot. I think I just convinced myself, but games will need to be played. 

A friend of mine flew the following last night and it seemed successful:

 

Magva Yarro — U-Wing 25
Collision Detector 0
Renegade Refit -2
Saw Gerrera 1
Pivot Wing 0
Ship Total: 24
   
3 X Cavern Angels Zealot — X-Wing 22
Crack Shot 1
Renegade Refit -2
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Integrated Astromech 0

Ship Total: 63

 

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers 1
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 13
 
   
   
   
   
   
   
 
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
 
   
   
   
   
 
Edited by Scott Pilgrim2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

Why would this be better than 100pt Miranda?

I don't want to play 100 pt Miranda.....

I've never had the chance to put serious time into FSR before and I want to. I figured the last bit of 1e is a good opportunity with Saws Renegades. Plus if I wanted to play a 100 pt ace list, it would probably be Corran at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I'm not sure that's a useful metric though. Do I care if my ywing is sightly tankier? If that was my goal I'd bring norra. Evaan seems useful if and only if I can use her to keep Biggs alive entirely too long.

 

Hopefully I can't.

Oh I’m afraid fairship 5.0 will be quite operational when 2.0 arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wullffwarro (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Saw Gerrera (1)
Magva Yarro (2)
Targeting Computer (2)

Norra Wexley (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Expertise (4)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

 

joust me!!!

Edited by Wiredin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RStan said:

I don't want to play 100 pt Miranda.....

I've never had the chance to put serious time into FSR before and I want to. I figured the last bit of 1e is a good opportunity with Saws Renegades. Plus if I wanted to play a 100 pt ace list, it would probably be Corran at this point. 

It has a lot more control and dmg mitigation than 100 point Miranda as well. At the very least I would say the matchup comes down to pilot skill. Miranda will have a hard time alpha-ing one of these ships down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I'm not sure that's a useful metric though. Do I care if my ywing is sightly tankier? If that was my goal I'd bring norra. Evaan seems useful if and only if I can use her to keep Biggs alive entirely too long.

 

Hopefully I can't.

Points?  Maybe Evaaaan lets you take an extra ship at the upgrade levels you find optimal, maybe you're supporting an endgame ship as well, maybe you want to increase target confusion and get some extra points in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RStan said:

I don't want to play 100 pt Miranda.....

I've never had the chance to put serious time into FSR before and I want to. I figured the last bit of 1e is a good opportunity with Saws Renegades. Plus if I wanted to play a 100 pt ace list, it would probably be Corran at this point. 

Got it. They do play alot differently. The cool part is definitely Magva's U-Wing...and without Miranda you can invest some points into Lowhrick to make him a bit scarier on offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biophysical said:

Points?  Maybe Evaaaan lets you take an extra ship at the upgrade levels you find optimal, maybe you're supporting an endgame ship as well, maybe you want to increase target confusion and get some extra points in the process.

if evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan (i like where this is going)'s ability didn't require spending a focus I'd agree, but now we're in a really weird niche situation where spending a focus defensively on yourself is more valuable than adding an evade every shot (or you can't get to range 1 which hasn't been the case from our trying out norra), or you completely don't care about modding your shot becuase you're just spamming bombs or whatever, which also seems like you'd rather just have Norra?

 

I'm unconvinced that edge case actually exists, basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brunas said:

if evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan (i like where this is going)'s ability didn't require spending a focus I'd agree, but now we're in a really weird niche situation where spending a focus defensively on yourself is more valuable than adding an evade every shot (or you can't get to range 1 which hasn't been the case from our trying out norra), or you completely don't care about modding your shot becuase you're just spamming bombs or whatever, which also seems like you'd rather just have Norra?

 

I'm unconvinced that edge case actually exists, basically.

So you think Norra and Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan are going to be the same cost?  What if you need a utility ship alongside two heavy aces?  E. Can do that, and contribute to the defense of the aces when the opportunity arises. 

Say you've got Wedge and Luke.  You have points for Evae+8n and an ion cannon or Norra with nothing.  Norra is crappy, because she's a horrible target that doesn't matter.  E. can threaten and lend defense where appropriate.  Is she better than an A-wing ace instead?  Who knows?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Evae+8n

that one actually took me a second

2 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

So you think Norra and Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan are going to be the same cost?  What if you need a utility ship alongside two heavy aces?  E. Can do that, and contribute to the defense of the aces when the opportunity arises. 

Say you've got Wedge and Luke.  You have points for Evae+8n and an ion cannon or Norra with nothing.  Norra is crappy, because she's a horrible target that doesn't matter.  E. can threaten and lend defense where appropriate.  Is she better than an A-wing ace instead?  Who knows?  

Ah, I think that's where the disagreement comes in.  Yes, I'd rather have naked norra than evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaan with an Ion Cannot Turret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...