SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I'm pretty worried the HWK will be stupid expensive.. Jan Ors 60pt base here she comes *sob*

I'm worried about that too, but maybe they'll bring her down in cost... They've nerfed her ability. They've boosted the HWK quite a bit though... Is it worth two TIE Fighters without the title? I don't think so...?

I'm hoping she will be in the 35-45 range, but I feel the buffing to the chassis plus title is going to make it a highly priced ship. Her ability is still solid. I normally flew her in behind anyways and have been trying to be more conscious of keeping friendlies in her arc while I play her now.  

28 minutes ago, Makaze said:

HotCop and swole Blackout though I guess neither of those is particularly helpful given there is no HotCop or Blackout yet

So... 92 points...

You mean our Ben Swolo cards? Our Blackouts were pictures of TZMCKP, well, blacked out.

I guess Hot Shot Copilot won't exist in 2.0 in name- Art was used for Perceptive Co-pilot, and the Mechannic was used as a Gunner.

Just now, Wiredin said:

I'm hoping she will be in the 35-45 range, but I feel the buffing to the chassis plus title is going to make it a highly priced ship. Her ability is still solid. I normally flew her in behind anyways and have been trying to be more conscious of keeping friendlies in her arc while I play her now.  

For pricing, usually work up from the generic. How many HWKs would it not be an NPE if they fit in a list? 6? 5 with turrets? So the base HWK probably has to cost at least 29 points. Jan then gets an ability and more pilot skill, which is probably at least worth like 10 points. So yeah, I think the upper end of your range sounds about right.

11 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

For pricing, usually work up from the generic. How many HWKs would it not be an NPE if they fit in a list? 6? 5 with turrets? So the base HWK probably has to cost at least 29 points. Jan then gets an ability and more pilot skill, which is probably at least worth like 10 points. So yeah, I think the upper end of your range sounds about right.

My goal is to fly Jan/Wedge/Shera in 2.0 as my first list and see how it fairs. It's pretty much a conversion of my Jan/Wedge/Norra list. obviously EPT's are going to be different, no flight assist, no Rey crew, and ARC's are on a medium base so it will fly incredibly different. The other list I'm hoping to fit is Jan/Wedge/Luke or Jan/Wedge/Arvel/Thane. 

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

just had two games. One with 4 awings, and it is still not fun against harpoons. The other with IntensityVader and two Sienaranalysts, against Kanan Strezra. And that was fun!

Awing's haven't been fun for me since Nym/Low came out. Can't get damage through on Low. Nym just bombs you, runs away laughing, or launches a harpoon at you. I'm hoping they can live in my bag again like they did pre Nym/Low. 

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I agree. Procket A-Wings are going to be a major pain to fly against, because the reposition and range 2 means they can define large areas of the board where you don't want to go. Excellent at herding large ships into killboxes.

Correction there going to make Rebels actually fun to use finally...I hope.

5 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Hey, stupid question.

Rotating 90° with a u wing.

What happens if the 90° rotation doesn't clear? The bases aren't squares. Do you just not rotate?

.....didn't think of that......we'd need to directly ask FFG about this one most likely. 

20 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'm a little behind and finally caught up to the second edition GenCon event talk in the last episode.  There are still a TON of tickets available for all of these events.  I'm kinda baffled.

This is practically zero lead time considering lots of people schedule their Gencons half a year out. They have to get on events that are limited in space, and aren't necessarily keen to drop paid for stuff to get barely early dibs at 2.0.

15 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Hey, stupid question.

Rotating 90° with a u wing.

What happens if the 90° rotation doesn't clear? The bases aren't squares. Do you just not rotate?

There are probably specific rules on how your supposed to rotate. i.e. lining up one of the hash marks so you could return to the same spot if it fails. 

Other option is the game enters a permanently broken state immediately and you skip to final salvo?

Edited by Boom Owl

Just now, Biophysical said:

This is practically zero lead time considering lots of people schedule their Gencons half a year out. They have to get on events that are limited in space, and aren't necessarily keen to drop paid for stuff to get barely early dibs at 2.0.

Yeah, plus it's a $80 ticket.  There's also virtually no advertising for this, I think a Twitter mention?  I wonder if the more casual folks who find out about it Thursday morning will flock to it, rather than stand in line.

39 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'm a little behind and finally caught up to the second edition GenCon event talk in the last episode.  There are still a TON of tickets available for all of these events.  I'm kinda baffled.

Unless they confirm that those core sets will come with the pre order damage deck, then I would assume a lot of people that planned on preordering for it and/or are getting a package deal with their LGS are not going to go in on those events. Unknown prizes also don't help sell tickets. 

Edited by RStan

18 minutes ago, RStan said:

Unless they confirm that those core sets will come with the pre order damage deck, then I would assume a lot of people that planned on preordering for it and/or are getting a package deal with their LGS are not going to go in on those events. Unknown prizes also don't help sell tickets. 

Yeah, all makes a lot of sense.  I'd be surprised if we learn what the prizes or the format will be before the time of the event.