SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

14 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

So, how much would you pay for 2.0 targeting computer on Soontir?  How about a generic interceptor?

3 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Without PTL, my interest in Targeting Computer has certainly diminished...

FFG had the chance to give the Interceptor its canon Targeting Computer and they blew it...

1 minute ago, RStan said:

Speaking of "IT'S OVER 10,000!" what pilot or upgrade do we think could have a surprisingly high cost in 2e? 

My guess is Hera. She'll cost more than Kanan and be by far the least useful Ghost pilot. 

Not that I super care that much, but of all the Rebels characters, the one who should be the most useful pilot probably shouldn't be Kanan, definitely shouldn't be Chopper, and absolutely shouldn't be "Lothal Rebel".

Inverse challenge: what will be really stupidly undercosted?

I know Miranda supposedly costs 45 which would make 5 or even 6 K-Wings a thing, but I'm willing to bet that's just a mistake due to Alex being grilled with questions about points costs all day. 

My guess is Jumpmasters. They think they're totally nerfed now, so I'm willing to bet the base Jumpmaster is like 30 points or something disgusting like that.

1 minute ago, viedit said:

Uhh, jumps are going to 50+  No way they price them that low.  

Well, we'll see... with the completely nerfed dial and nerfed turret rules, the Jumpmaster could see a points decrease. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jumpmaster spam is somehow still good in 2.0

13 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

What was your favorite 1.0 Krayt card? I'm looking into what should be remade for 2.0 first.

HotCop and swole Blackout though I guess neither of those is particularly helpful given there is no HotCop or Blackout yet

5 minutes ago, mightynute said:

Dash Rendar. 92 points plus what remains of your dignity.

So... 92 points...

Edited by Makaze

15 minutes ago, RStan said:

Speaking of "IT'S OVER 10,000!" what pilot or upgrade do we think could have a surprisingly high cost in 2e? 

Ordinance in general. Proton Torps might or maybe should be kinda expensive compared to all the other ordinance. Not as much as an additional ship like Luke Gunner, but still probably higher cost than people generally understand why. 

Other interesting question is which card will have the biggest range of pt costs since the costs can be variable from ship to ship potentially.

ie Is Super natural 20 pts on Vader and only 10 pts on an Inquistor? Maybe a bad example.

Edited by Boom Owl

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

since the costs can be variabe from ship to ship potentially.

ie Is Super natural 20 pts on Vader and only 10 pts on an Inquistor? Maybe a bad example.

So do we think they'll really do this? Seems like a lot of complexity to add to listbuilding. 

2 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Other interesting question is which card will have the biggest range of pt costs since the costs can be variable from ship to ship potentially.

That's another thing I'm incredibly interested in seeing how they implement it.  I wonder if they apply the same theory to things like prockets.  Do prockets on Vader cost a significant more than prockets on an initiative 1 a-wing?

14 minutes ago, viedit said:

I'm scared to see what the crow title costs.  I would not be shocked if it was 15 points.

I was gonna bring that one up if nobody else did.

I'm gonna be kinda general with this, but I think any I6 pilot and these unique Imperial crew cards not named Emperor Palpatine such as Grand Inquisitor, Sloane, and Darth Vader all might be a bit higher than people think. 

14 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Inverse challenge: what will be really stupidly undercosted?

A lot of the ships that could be stupidly undercosted might be ships that haven't seen success in a long time (AWings, BWings, etc.) and probably deserve to be undercosted, which I don't mind at this time. It's probably more likely powerful looking upgrade cards might not be costed enough (Outrider, Supernatural Reflexes, etc.). 

Edited by RStan

2 minutes ago, RStan said:

I'm gonna be kinda general with this, but I think any I6 pilot and these unique Imperial crew cards not named Emperor Palpatine such as Grand Inquisitor, Sloane, and Darth Vader all might be a bit higher than people think. 

Next challenge is - what is the most I6 pilots you can get in one list?

1 minute ago, viedit said:

That's another thing I'm incredibly interested in seeing how they implement it.  I wonder if they apply the same theory to things like prockets.  Do prockets on Vader cost a significant more than prockets on an initiative 1 a-wing?

So why not just make Vader more expensive? Just wondering. Seems like it adds a lot of unnecessary complication. 

Like theoretically you could make shield and hull upgrades more useful by making them only 1 point on a Ghost or Falcon, but it seems like it makes it almost impossible to remember all this stuff and actually build a good list in the app, and it becomes a nightmare once all those costs start changing too. I like being able to at least remember a few things when listbuilding, and I don't like the idea of being forced to keep clicking through what the app tells me to do. 

6 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

So why not just make Vader more expensive? Just wondering. Seems like it adds a lot of unnecessary complication. 

Like theoretically you could make shield and hull upgrades more useful by making them only 1 point on a Ghost or Falcon, but it seems like it makes it almost impossible to remember all this stuff and actually build a good list in the app, and it becomes a nightmare once all those costs start changing too. I like being able to at least remember a few things when listbuilding, and I don't like the idea of being forced to keep clicking through what the app tells me to do. 

Also - prockets aren't actually better on vader than an initiative 1 awing.  They're a larger power increase on that awing, who is moving from 3-4 dice to 5.  Vader is going from 3-4 -> 5.  Granted, Vader can get them off easier, but they're single use anyways.

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

Also - prockets aren't actually better on vader than an initiative 1 awing.  They're a larger power increase on that awing, who is moving from 3-4 dice to 5.  Vader is going from 3-4 -> 5.  Granted, Vader can get them off easier, but they're single use anyways.

I agree. Procket A-Wings are going to be a major pain to fly against, because the reposition and range 2 means they can define large areas of the board where you don't want to go. Excellent at herding large ships into killboxes.