SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 hours ago, Biophysical said:

As the collective Luke Gunner freak out began to subside there's been a steadily increasing level of concern for Supernatural Reflexes (Luke and Vader mostly).  

This raises two questions:

1.)  At what points cost does the general angst subside?

2.)  What are the solid counters to Supernatural Reflexes?

1) I'm not sure because I'm skeptical about any guesses for cost, especially new abilities.  I'm even skeptical threat cards will remain relevant/consistent months after release.

2) Stress, maybe?  Blocking and lots of ships might work, but they have a wingman(men) who can shoot, so the Supers can just dangle themselves like a carrot while their opponent points in all the wrong directions trying to block them.

4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Semi-skeptical that a large # of players will even be capable of abusing it which should serve as a built in counter.

This might be the best answer.  There will be plenty of wrong Supernatural action choices going on.  Those that do know what they're doing, though...oh boy.

21 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Kinda?  They can still boost or BR while ioned, can't they?  SN is before you activate.  So you have a better idea where they'll be, but not for sure.

We don't know the rules for Ion, it may remove the opportunity.  Even so, it is a much smaller area they can get to, so vader is a lot more predictable.

I'm not sure on the interaction between supernatural reflexes and ion. I thought you could only do focus actions while ioned?

Also, when playtesting those 2.0 demo fleets (granted there was no supernatural on Vader), the ion Y-Wing could rather easily get alongside Vader and ion him to death. So ion is still really good in 2.0 I think. 

5 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

2.) Counters: 

• Init 6 with a healthy bid 

I expect this to be effective, depending on cost of SR of course.

If it is 10pts, then a 9pt bid does basically the same for fewer points. Sure, you lose some combinations of reposition+maneuver, but you can also save 8 points for it.

15 hours ago, mightynute said:

Totally Wholesome Four Ship Rebels 3.0. 
- Rex
- Ezra with Wired, Gunner, R3A2
- Lowhhrick with Selflessness, Rey, Tactician
- Jess with M9G8, Integrated

Chase Fenn, be willing to lose Rex in the initial engagement, ideally have your three survivors against a stressed-out Ghost. 

Also it helps to be very, very lucky.

Well, it doesn't come as a surprise that you have an easier time playing against ghost fenn rather than qd+2 silencer with that list.

Do you use M9G8 to lock the ghost and make his TLT miserable?

6 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

I expect this to be effective, depending on cost of SR of course.

If it is 10pts, then a 9pt bid does basically the same for fewer points. Sure, you lose some combinations of reposition+maneuver, but you can also save 8 points for it.

I know we dont have pts yet....but what are your thoughts on 2.0 Imperial Trip Small Base builds? 

Had so much fun endlessly building and using them in 1.0 with a mix of ordinance or no ordinance.

That QD, Inq, Rho build was great, same with QD/Vader variations and now Kylo/QD/Countdown. 

Lots of speculation required but is it logical to still chase the 2x Ace No Support format in 2.0?

It was never fully logical in 1.0 since it probably should have just been Palp Aces. 

At what point should it just be 1 Ace + Mini Swarm in 2.0? 

Maybe a 3rd ship with bombs or even trajectory since launch still exists will be able to mess up swarms consistently. 

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Well, it doesn't come as a surprise that you have an easier time playing against ghost fenn rather than qd+2 silencer with that list.

Do you use M9G8 to lock the ghost and make his TLT miserable?

Indeed. The absolute best-case scenario was having M9G8, Suppressive Fire, and Weapons Failure all on the Ghost, with Rex hanging out alongside at R1. 

"Yes, please enjoy your one-die TLT. Oh, reroll that hit please."

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

I know we dont have pts yet....but what are your thoughts on 2.0 Imperial Trip Small Base builds? 

Had so much fun endlessly building and using them in 1.0 with a mix of ordinance or no ordinance.

That QD, Inq, Rho build was great, same with QD/Vader variations and now Kylo/QD/Countdown. 

Lots of speculation required but is it logical to still chase the 2x Ace No Support format in 2.0?

It was never fully logical in 1.0 since it probably should have just been Palp Aces. 

At what point should it just be 1 Ace + Mini Swarm in 2.0? 

Maybe a 3rd ship with bombs or even trajectory since launch still exists will be able to mess up swarms consistently. 

I wonder how well it will work. So far I get the impression that 2.0 rewards using support ships, so a 2ace+support is among the first types I‘ll try. That support does not have to be small base ofc.

It might be worth trying something like the Qd Inq Rho again: a hard hitter, an elusive (pocket)ace and a cheap ordnance carrier.

But I doubt eg new Vader can fill QDs role, maybe a Defender can? Might be too expensive though. And Vader is too expensive to fill Inq‘s role, too.

10 hours ago, gennataos said:

Kinda?  They can still boost or BR while ioned, can't they?  SN is before you activate.  So you have a better idea where they'll be, but not for sure.

They’ve mentioned on more than one occasion that the only action you can take while ioned is focus. Alex Davy was particularly excited about how this makes Ion better vs droids, because they can’t even do that!

Edited by skotothalamos

4 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Must... Resisist... Urge to call Reddit idiots...

No, it's fine, Verliane is good, go bring it to events. Especially events I will be at.

oh come on! B tier maybe. but she's not hot garbage. 

5 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

It's a Y-wing with Bodyguard that requires an action to use.

I wouldn't bother paying more than 1 point over a stock Gold.

oh she dies in a firey death the first time your stupid enough to have her get shot and give her ability to an A-wing. but if she's cheap enough it might be worth it, if you have the points and were going to take a Y-Wing anyways. Do you take her over other supporting ships...like Azuituk or the new super hawks? probably not. but if she's cheap, and you were gonna take a bombing Y-wing and you got an extra few points you don't know what to do with... I say upgrade to Evaan. you should be using it on her only anyways. 

Edited by Wiredin

2 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

It should work as far as I can tell.

You call 0, roll an eye, add an evade, say "oh look, an evade- no lock 4 U!"

You can also C3p0 Lando rolls.

I'm still not sure. Lando says for each result, add a matching token. C3PO adds the evade result, so Lando just says "is there an evade results? add the token!" While the translation for SC says roll a die and on an evade result discard the target lock. It sounds like it is looking at the die rolled, not the total result like Lando does.

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

They’ve mentioned on more than one occasion that the only action you can take while ioned is focus. Alex Davy was particularly excited about how this makes Ion better vs droids, because they can’t even do that!

The question is in the timing and specific wording. Because just having an ion token doesn't prevent you from doing non-focus actions. Large and medium ships can have an ion token and be completely unaffected so it doesn't follow the pattern set forth by other cards where having an evade token means you're "evading". Rather it's when the ion tokens are removed and what effect that has that matters. We know that you remove them and are forced to do a 1 straight green and can only take a focus action as your standard action.

But does that kick in when you would ordinarily reveal your dial? If so then supernatural happens first and you can ignore that

Does it only apply to actions taken in the standard take action phase? Again supernatural doesn't care

Or during the planning phase is a chip classified as ioned for the duration of the turn which then restricts it from performing non-focus actions regardless of phase? Maybe. Are bonus actions exempt? Who knows?

Point is we're still not sure on several small but important details like that