SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

On 6/17/2018 at 8:06 AM, Biophysical said:

I'll be running the Quickdraw + 2 Silencers squad, which is a squad that I find enjoyable and interesting, while having a chance against some of the meta nastiness.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:10 AM, Sunitsa said:

how do you rate your ghost fenn matchup?

I can attest that my Worlds list went undefeated against Ghost-Fenn and I got absolutely dumpstered by QD+2 Silencers. 

Edited by mightynute

4 minutes ago, mightynute said:

I can attest that my Worlds list went undefeated against Ghost-Fenn and I got absolutely dumpstered by QD+2 Silencers. 

did you block every ghost off the board tho

also, what? your worlds list is basically a bye to ghost fenn, anyone who loses that game should be super embarrassed!

Edited by Brunas

I got TTS solely to barge in and remind Chris about my Missile article.

Of course that didn't work and he left before I could remind him.

But me discovering that you can roll ships and tokens like dice was fun. Look at my ball of Y-wings that I toss around!

Also, which Krayt is the responsible one? If I send the missile article to Travis, can I ensure it at least makes it to the notes in the next episode?

4 minutes ago, Brunas said:

did you block every ghost off the board tho

also, what? your worlds list is basically a bye to ghost fenn, anyone who loses that game should be super embarrassed!

Is that any way to talk to the one who liberated you from the shackles of 1.0? Shameful.

6 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

But me discovering that you can roll ships and tokens like dice was fun. Look at my ball of Y-wings that I toss around!

Also, which Krayt is the responsible one? If I send the missile article to Travis, can I ensure it at least makes it to the notes in the next episode?

insteasd of flipping the table can we just go in and spawn so much crap the server crashes?

6 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

travis is the responsible but absent parent, jokes on you there's no consistency anywhere.

just call us hearthstone

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

travis is the responsible but absent parent, jokes on you there's no consistency anywhere.

just call us hearthstone

Should I go in a roundabout manner? Give the article to Nathan or Paul to give to you?

Announce a Krayt Bounty to remind you to post the article?

Whatever.

1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Should I go in a roundabout manner? Give the article to Nathan or Paul to give to you?

Announce a Krayt Bounty to remind you to post the article?

Whatever.

nah, my life has gotten significantly less chaotic in the past few days, so if you message it to me sunday it should actually happen

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

nah, my life has gotten significantly less chaotic in the past few days, so if you message it to me sunday it should actually happen

AKA the weekend I'll be at an IB conference.

***New Krayt bounty for this week- Get the Zuckuss alt art card Chris mentioned a couple episodes ago if you are the one to remind him to include the Missile article next week!***

3 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

whoa! Talk about Rock, Paper, Scissors.....

It even looks like she threw rock and started switching to scissors when she saw her opponent showing paper.  

26 minutes ago, mightynute said:

What was your Worlds list?

Just now, Biophysical said:

What was your Worlds list?

Totally Wholesome Four Ship Rebels 3.0. 
- Rex
- Ezra with Wired, Gunner, R3A2
- Lowhhrick with Selflessness, Rey, Tactician
- Jess with M9G8, Integrated

Chase Fenn, be willing to lose Rex in the initial engagement, ideally have your three survivors against a stressed-out Ghost. 

Also it helps to be very, very lucky.

2 hours ago, Tlfj200 said:

I've only been focusing on initial re-release ships. The whole conversion kit is overwhelming.

Along these lines, have we gotten any confirmation on if official tournaments will support only the most recently released waves, or everything?  I’m pretty sure I saw something in one of the organized play articles which suggested everything, but it didn’t seem definitive. 

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

Along these lines, have we gotten any confirmation on if official tournaments will support only the most recently released waves, or everything?  I’m pretty sure I saw something in one of the organized play articles which suggested everything, but it didn’t seem definitive. 

they are making it up as they go along. they don't even know. 

So I posted this in the Discord but I want it here for the record so we can all refer back to it once the market's out and I'm wrong and we all SELL SELL SELL the Ghost. 

Will triple Ghost be a thing? 

It got nerfed really, really hard and already only costs 35. 

The Ghost wasn't even that horribly broken to start with, it's garbage like Fenn, Maul, Accuracy Corrector, and TLT that made it busted. So without those? Will the Ghost cost like... 60 points? 

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

I do not disagree.  

it gives more room for crazy jank combos to be effective, which I think is going to be awesome! Janky combos are usually most effective before the cancer combo shows up. Then its the "uggghhhh pls fix meta" until new junk and FAQ comes out. I'm hoping we are constantly in a "new meta" mode. that would be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

So I posted this in the Discord but I want it here for the record so we can all refer back to it once the market's out and I'm wrong and we all SELL SELL SELL the Ghost. 

The Ghost wasn't even that horribly broken to start with, it's garbage like Fenn, Maul, Accuracy Corrector, and TLT that made it busted. So without those? Will the Ghost cost like... 60 points? 

Saw and Hera crew still probably have seats in my 2.0 Ghost.  That’s all I know. 

6 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

it gives more room for crazy jank combos to be effective, which I think is going to be awesome! Janky combos are usually most effective before the cancer combo shows up. Then its the "uggghhhh pls fix meta" until new junk and FAQ comes out. I'm hoping we are constantly in a "new meta" mode. that would be amazing. 

A huge part of the game would be figuring out the opponent's jank on the fly, which right now is only an issue at kit tournaments and the salt mines.  Should be interesting. 

11 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I mean depending on cost and how potentially broken force abilities end up being, Kanan piloting the Ghost with Ezra Gunner and Maul crew give that ship a total of 4 force tokens where 3 of the recharge per turn (1 from Ezra, Maul and Kanan). Also with Maul giving a stress (only when you take damage) to regain a force token means Ezra's gunner ability is more likely to occur. We don't even know what Dark Side powers there are and what they do. So the upgrade combination capabilities seem there, just obviously not as 1.0 powerful. The turret upgrade is the part that got hit the most because no more TLT. 

Edited by RStan

3 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

A huge part of the game would be figuring out the opponent's jank on the fly, which right now is only an issue at kit tournaments and the salt mines.  Should be interesting. 

see, thats my game in general. I keep saying it over and over but I regret taking "meta" to regionals and not playing my jank. I did okay, mid of the pack. my first regional and my goal was 25th. but I betcha I could have top 16 with my jank if I would have trusted my gut. 

8 minutes ago, RStan said:

I mean depending on cost and how potentially broken force abilities end up being, Kanan piloting the Ghost with Ezra Gunner and Maul crew give that ship a total of 4 force tokens where 3 of the recharge per turn (1 from Ezra, Maul and Kanan). Also with Maul giving a stress (only when you take damage) to regain a force token means Ezra's gunner ability is more likely to occur. We don't even know what Dark Side powers there are and what they do. So the upgrade combination capabilities seem there, just obviously not as 1.0 powerful. The turret upgrade is the part that got hit the most because no more TLT. 

I think they clarified that no matter how many regenning Force users are on board, only one of them regens per turn. Still good though.

What I'm saying is that the fair price for the Lothal Rebel might be in the low 60s now

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

I think they clarified that no matter how many regenning Force users are on board, only one of them regens per turn. Still good though.

Do I understand this right... I'm flying Luke/Kanan/Ezra. Only one of them can regen a force token at the start of round?

2 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

Do I understand this right... I'm flying Luke/Kanan/Ezra. Only one of them can regen a force token at the start of round?

I think they meant "on board the ship". 

If I have Kanan with Ezra crew, I only regenerate one Force token per round.
If I have Kanan with R2D2 crew, I regenerate one Force token per round.
If I have Hera with Ezra crew, I regenerate one Force token per round.

Edited by mightynute