SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Just now, Tlfj200 said:

That's a very possible outcome.

Further, it appears (at least at first) that figuring out value is WAAAAY harder in 2.0, because things rely on bullseye arcs or other not-always-on triggers, thus list variants might be distinct too. Even with Luke/Norra/'X', not only can that 3rd ship be pretty different, it vastly affects the upgrades on the other 2, and it's REALLY not clear what permutation is a "clear" winner.

I wonder if there's a corollary too where netlisting will be harder if you come at the list from the completely wrong angle. Similar to how you're not sure which way to fly your current list, imagine how hard it might be for someone to replicate that without seeing you on stream? 

Just now, PaulRuddSays said:

I wonder if there's a corollary too where netlisting will be harder if you come at the list from the completely wrong angle. Similar to how you're not sure which way to fly your current list, imagine how hard it might be for someone to replicate that without seeing you on stream? 

I suspect that will also be very real, at least at first.

Everything is so new, it's hard to figure out where to even start.

3 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

I suspect that will also be very real, at least at first.

Man, I can't wait. I thrive on chaotic metas. Other people will experiment and make their own lists, so I'll play vs more bad **** and people who are less experienced with how their own **** works.

4 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

I agree.

I honestly would have put in some effort on trying to figure out where to start, but the entirety of my playgroup is on Legion, or newly a father, so I've only gotten in one game in about 2 months. Consequently, I appreciate the efforts you guys are going through to explore it. 

2 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Man, I can't wait. I thrive on chaotic metas. Other people will experiment and make their own lists, so I'll play vs more bad **** and people who are less experienced with how their own **** works.

I really want to know more about the Game Modes they have discussed a few times. 

Will they exist just to put more structure around casual play? 

Or will Game Modes be used to dictate the format for Regional/System Open/Store Champ/Nationals/Worlds equivalents? 

@Tlfj200 with your Luke/Norra + ____ do you think that 3rd ship spot could fit Kyle Katarn equipped with Jyn Erso crew and Moldy Crow title? It's hard to detemine how much the HWK now will cost, but it feels like it will be more, just not sure how much more. Luke and Norra with an evade token (especially Luke) seems almost like 1.0 defensive stack sadness status. Unless of course when speaking about Luke/Norra + you're only considering Wave 1 stuff still. 

Just now, RStan said:

@Tlfj200 with your Luke/Norra + ____ do you think that 3rd ship spot could fit Kyle Katarn equipped with Jyn Erso crew and Moldy Crow title? It's hard to detemine how much the HWK now will cost, but it feels like it will be more, just not sure how much more. Luke and Norra with an evade token (especially Luke) seems almost like 1.0 defensive stack sadness status. Unless of course when speaking about Luke/Norra + you're only considering Wave 1 stuff still. 

I honestly don't know. Maybe?

I've only been focusing on initial re-release ships. The whole conversion kit is overwhelming.

1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

I honestly don't know. Maybe?

I've only been focusing on initial re-release ships. The whole conversion kit is overwhelming.

How 'bout Verlaine - to add another green to somebody more important (Luke/Norra/even herself...)

It's not wonderful... but keep Verlaine light on points and she could have value...

swz13_evaan-verlaine.png

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

How 'bout Verlaine - to add another green to somebody more important (Luke/Norra/even herself...)

It's not wonderful... but keep Verlaine light on points and she could have value...

swz13_evaan-verlaine.png

It's bodyguard, but now you have to bring a ship with it?

DOWN DOWN DOWN?

8 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

swz13_evaan-verlaine.png

The beauty of norra is she saves herself.

Why shouldn't someone just 1-round that y-wing?

24 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

swz13_evaan-verlaine.png

Is it just me or is that art kinda ... the 2.0 version of your profile pic? Like, that left engine looks sort of out of whack. Maybe it's just an optical illusion due to poorly chosen locations of the lines on the floor? Or a bad example of FFG cropping the art down to the size of the card? 

Either way, nice to see Evaan in the game, since she's the only pilot other than Luke, Wedge, Han, and Vader to survive the battle of Yavin. 

Edited by Kieransi

2 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Is it just me or is that art kinda ... the 2.0 version of your profile pic? Like, that left engine looks sort of out of whack. Maybe it's just an optical illusion due to poorly chosen locations of the lines on the floor? Or a bad example of FFG cropping the art down to the size of the card? 

Gom Damd it. Now I can't unsee it. Yes, the engine looks a tad off, either due to bad shading or actually being off kilter.

Also, the shadows... Where is the light source?

Edited by LagJanson

Just now, LagJanson said:

Gom Damd it. Now I can't unsee it. Yes, the engine looks a tad off, either due to bad shading or actually being off kilter.

You know what, I think it's that the artist chose an aggressive 3-point perspective system for this piece and this is a cropped-off part of the very left of the artwork. There's probably meant to be more ships to the far right of this Y-Wing that sort of melt the other way, and then one bigger Y-Wing in the middle, viewed straight-on, already taking off from the platform

15 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

You know what, I think it's that the artist chose an aggressive 3-point perspective system for this piece and this is a cropped-off part of the very left of the artwork. There's probably meant to be more ships to the far right of this Y-Wing that sort of melt the other way, and then one bigger Y-Wing in the middle, viewed straight-on, already taking off from the platform

Agreed... I straight edged it... if it's off, it doesn't look like by much... but the positioning seems awkward. The shadows are definitely... weird. Check the forced perspective on the back engines... then check the shadow for the same spot...  They don't match. Also, the guy must have been an afterthought, and his shadow is way off from the Y-Wing, unless the frame itself is casting light. His shadow is also VERY sharp, and the Y-Wing fuzzy and less distinct.

51 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Also, the shadows... Where is the light source?

the light source is driving me crazy.

Anyways, I noticed there is no "one per round" text on her. Kyle Kartan could potentially get her double focused to increase 2 ships agility. Add Garven and that would allow her to get a focus back when Garven attacks/defends. Janky sure, effective...maybe..maybe not, but i'm gonna try it. My plan would be Kyle, Garven, Evaan, Norra. Pretty good tanking going on. Or Kyle, Evaan, and 2 A-Wings for maximum "you can't hit me" A-wings

@viedit  can't stop watching cat...

Edited by Wiredin

7 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

the light source is driving me crazy.

Anyways, I noticed there is no "one per round" text on her. Kyle Kartan could potentially get her double focused to increase 2 ships agility. Add Garven and that would allow her to get a focus back when Garven attacks/defends. Janky sure, effective...maybe..maybe not, but i'm gonna try it. My plan would be Kyle, Garven, Evaan, Norra. Pretty good tanking going on. Or Kyle, Evaan, and 2 A-Wings for maximum "you can't hit me" A-wings

@viedit  can't stop watching cat...

It's still probably once per opportunity- start of engagement still only happens once.

1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

It's still probably once per opportunity- start of engagement still only happens once.

yea... I'm curious on that too... and the verbage would prevent multiple focuses being spent. I am going to be that guy tho that wants Frank to answer lol

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

This was kind of what I was thinking too. Not that Evaan/Garven/Awings isn't a good list though... actually sounds really fun

could even toss Steath of Garven. So Evaan gives him 4 agility! and can pass the focus back... granted you could do that with any X including Luke..... 

On 6/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, skotothalamos said:

No other podcast has ever personally shamed me, not even the ones I've been on. Thanks, Krayts. This is why you're the best!

I got shamed for being lazy in a different way.  I'd actually done workouts in the week they were shaming for, I just hadn't gotten around to exporting them to Strava yet :P