SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 minutes ago, Brunas said:

HSCP is pretty rare now, so I kind of like deadeye, but if you haven't played them yet prepare for them to absolutely evaporate when things shoot at them.  Half the benefit of LRS is being able to focus on defense.

Yeah, it's always a tradeoff. I've played that first list three times, the second one maybe five or six times, and the last one at least 10 times. I'd also played deadeye torpscouts quite a bit. 

I'm just thinking that the HLCs don't have enough passive mods to not get totally rekt by Ghost/Fenn and 100 point ace.

The other one I have been thinking of is this one. I've played it against good players and good lists and win most of the time with it:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!270:-1,-1:56:24:U.110,U.109;270:-1,-1:56:24:U.110,U.109;270:-1,-1:56:24:U.110,U.109;270:-1,-1:56:24:U.110,U.109&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

But it doesn't have as cool of a name as Rho Rho Rho your BOATS

15 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

That's what I'm thinking too. It looks at Deadeye Torpscouts and laughs at their inefficiency.

I played exactly this list at the Michigan regional and was surprised I was the only one running it. And of course I ran into Tim Ralphs in round one, who proceeded to PS kill a boat (basically) every turn with double casters. I’m still not sure how you win that match-up, but otherwise it’s great!

18 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I'm just thinking that the HLCs don't have enough passive mods to not get totally rekt by Ghost/Fenn and 100 point ace.

For the record, Karsabi (or Rho if you need points) with HLC, Linked Batteries, and A Score To Settle is a pretty good action free big gun.  

18 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I played exactly this list at the Michigan regional and was surprised I was the only one running it. And of course I ran into Tim Ralphs in round one, who proceeded to PS kill a boat (basically) every turn with double casters. I’m still not sure how you win that match-up, but otherwise it’s great!

Don't play Tim Bo when he's flying double casters?

I got him in R5 of regionals in early 2017 and I had it easier because I a) had better cancer (Paratanni) and b) realized that between Asajj, a thug and Torkil, Torkil needed to die first, and quickly. He is a good player and knows his Casters. Perma-bumping my Asajj on his was also good.

5 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

For the record, Karsabi (or Rho if you need points) with HLC, Linked Batteries, and A Score To Settle is a pretty good action free big gun.  

Oh, yeah, he's good. I just could never fly Karsabi well enough to not be predictable, because when I SLAM I take a stress and then my opponent knows I can't SLAM and will probably do a green maneuver. 

That's why I switched things to Flechette Cannon Rhos so I can be dangerous when I SLAM without having to stress. I do miss the passive mods though. 

5 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Oh, yeah, he's good. I just could never fly Karsabi well enough to not be predictable, because when I SLAM I take a stress and then my opponent knows I can't SLAM and will probably do a green maneuver. 

That's why I switched things to Flechette Cannon Rhos so I can be dangerous when I SLAM without having to stress. I do miss the passive mods though. 

You can mitigate that somewhat by using Wired instead of ASTS.

1 minute ago, Biophysical said:

You've been rocking so hard with Luke and Norra, though!

I would say that Luke and Norra are carrying me more than I am rocking them.

Not sure if it was recorded, but near the end, I just noted I'm not playing with a coherent list strategy. I had the same initial problem when I started triple jumps - took awhile to figure out how I wanted to play the list as a whole.

6 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Being bad at 2.0 is its most exciting new feature. 

"X-Wing: Consequences Edition"

Not even Super Luke and all of his righteous plot armor can save us now. 

4 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

I mean, it helps... a lot. 

but mai consequences?

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

I don't feel like R2D2, R2, and GONK have been talked about enough. Regen isnt suddenly bad because we can't do it infinitely right?

IoadPJmA1lzcjseUSj6EkzjW0I6_Tc6Ion6epBfpqnwDQ6xowXPy8t6ou8EBdgmJt5EO5S6UAz0p8RPXhkUWL2-NnQNS0A9YfDc-Z_nQpRlaqitgD3eJjS5zrEGBt3-jxXESSNV2

No, It's worth it, but in more limited situations. 

I'm starting to think I'd prefer regen over a proton on Super Luke, for example. The threat to regen above half, and the "free" regen when I don't have a shot anyway, seems really good.

Edit: But on like, Norra? I doubt it.

Edited by Tlfj200

3 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

No, It's worth it, but in more limited situations. 

I'm starting to think I'd prefer regen over a proton on Super Luke, for example. The threat to regen above half, and the "free" regen when I don't have a shot anyway, seems really good.

Edit: But on like, Norra? I doubt it.

I mean the very first demo list had all of it right? How many points is Super Natural did that get spoiled by Europe?

Rebel Yavin Squadron (page 1 of 3)

4byMoiehVJxJXLhdf2hWqbwGfhWAIJy_I2y0ockHvxNzYs9WYNPSsElZrJlGSPpuEzt8kkh3BTn74MwRiKy55BFKet0lJ_gn2balsTsqq3ggHKMS0mzUP2pSLwZeaSxW3apqNTG25M-WCJcKvjf8T0-LqCGZDzIOdfJmoj9P97oUAha1QS85DRuvYhG7M1a87rF8_RIc1USNhqRNNtftAuDnghEMk3QiO6-u2_1CyoWthXneV888QOSHe9V7jqEA8nMTBo5kAbJr44o3IoadPJmA1lzcjseUSj6EkzjW0I6_Tc6Ion6epBfpqnwDQ6xowXPy8t6ou8EBdgmJt5EO5S6UAz0p8RPXhkUWL2-NnQNS0A9YfDc-Z_nQpRlaqitgD3eJjS5zrEGBt3-jxXESSNV2

rT5epzgZJ9e5Haz6OcxbC8vK6sq4h9tqWBydTil6DzHjXrfRjqmykPWub-dvPJm0-9bhE0AtMMoVvnxvZWFIEvOn8DplLNfnvQ1zC0OuodTpTS-4kVPQ1wd45BYean9se4G1UOStazyfBLKd2OqbI13BqhGXOKpXS5GMvTuPrGVRtkWDhPQzLHE5gEMrrsx1WnLc0GDgge0v6sUAUAh1DFCzWcQ3M-qHu_URdXa5hmlzl42jsZGSXmdT2nSAV4a4tsq0TStyS-OCGxKj

c9Xi7MLT6W0TjCUl3FfrcGp21SVvnnMcmdoVKG63VhBStwg5JVLXQEX_aDKBl54gvrRxCo_n1wr7nlNMhrm6jgAcBj_PkfTzRDZ6-IIYU5utCCcVmv53Xc1lZnbfWspInT7LQqtu-QoT7slUQ4IOEJRGMDl0WZ2GXIyBfDKe4CgGrAtIRlpJxhq971ag5wP1P07coQAf40nHaS6LK3b2eg2iZBApXEAVpv-wJB6x3VA-pr1p8tnxnW5BAwuLtBe7zml48qRiRwXbjqU-

Rebel Yavin Squadron (page 2 of 3)

lQ4V7xuC7D9A1Y72kdPt0XQ2QwiNoP-mKTXGMgrrLjSHgCAeupgOcfI2aCFGjKGIylmhZZBuChXXTVDDOs53B3_Z4uSppI_SgqQacwMCDBLx4BBCDIpCrjklS-rd1Ora73GY_YQpL3CeS4JRJgfBaq_PZTsetK05GcLERh-N1YYXTZ6_KIuS6Ny0R0spn5DZ2C9ruXuOT0UP5CS6LTMxyyKO5dzQ35FynUsaeBgJrGeo49MnDGQTKuJW7rx66Q7F3MWgqGOyijVb61sR

5Wk2yT3ma9HtNfh0JyErdz5NLBu3K3TEHhF24lXSNsIhB2sgGS4-9fhZzR8vwR1Fiz5k0D7XP0uid-Ic4JKXnMMNNnjuzBfKA_ZQw-j9UcCmKucl_Z0ZdEEHItnLVgE5A4BS_yajCP-ttFKDIafo3FTHgOXpQo7m6mjD-FBL6mz7YQ_FWOe5UZsqnl8DwhlSzmlqAeUcE3OIUPkeXhU6vvrDruONimu_-NzAwmBEMtzHXGArumOZGejG_FjY2szVZDj9HJbCzvFjdLrZ

1QtNbA3ieDz4-EMztNoqnLoi62Doeozue_xKBBAg7Hp8KI1SvKoFM-M4zFyO6QKbsW0YOPBk4YcYe3_AWb2vQHoRC-87-Il4teptV5kQeb9MZmMrDmaR-tR5LrRpO0-pJnppTteg-QoT7slUQ4IOEJRGMDl0WZ2GXIyBfDKe4CgGrAtIRlpJxhq971ag5wP1P07coQAf40nHaS6LK3b2eg2iZBApXEAVpv-wJB6x3VA-pr1p8tnxnW5BAwuLtBe7zml48qRiRwXbjqU-

Rebel Yavin Squadron (page 3 of 3)

Hmd8dSSglnebqAArU6-S-OEZ3mUd0gsvvYzxFFzj_gYJw3wbQ_YSyFIWV2h9fMmGVSxvBLymu0BiOHxBIFX4bcZqxfMveW8q_olT1_aKj7QM1DpdV9roTvGoxm98j31sEjSch_cP

pF2y3s_Jj_qaCmeMQ5EKykPXbkpBh1OGeU8sifH_UMqZJ-j3DCh1pr672VU5dNjef1E6rifKQPLXQRt9t1Ky4geNCghUciAyGPPBjb_5Rg23mAQ7gUlmaOx_Z3-LZ4lO1q7XuFbhLI6N2BdJqSVq9Eo8FJAf9GmLMllEJcX21TpQxzZtEV2RjRzFjTGNq7qf8k1ZmiVvZSf0yd6oAk1IivfsMK6IquVNXztcsnClymsCLhBqVgPMcmpkK75BHGWrW9-H6SZyErOiWM42

HblzU2zSDeV5aUV7jNKv5RWTkiiDLuJCzaLJ4k6YRAy7DeG5s3VkQyyZn3fH7oCbx8ukehZt1JtS3OdidKWLfpcw2-KaDsWzuFp9VcK_dzmvhxyJzkZ50bqx94HzjcOc-O_NFA5NCvP8yQQ1a05vNs1mMCmWPzRvVZltS76jhhyeze8rzcWIMFgb-1qnb_SB-m8tsf-GscLGm1yEUhQN1cL1V2qS7VcKTb5E8zi20EcCoBYvFaOm1IkeoiqDINDyZhUbkDHshYtqyjHV

Edited by Boom Owl

2 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Also, while proton bombs will scare swarms, seismics are really, REALLY cool (and maybe better overall)?

The first time you play duck duck goose around a rock against rerolls for days Han you will wish you had seismics yea. And they seem decent against joust all the things over rocks it will be fine swarm players.  

tumblr_ml3p41nwVm1ru5h8co1_500.gif

Not to interrupt with a total scrub question - which I am totally doing, on the only thread in the forum that consistently delivers at least some insights - but I question whether 2.0 will ever have time to settle down into anything more than regional metas.

It seems like there was certainly some difficulty in figuring out just how good (or bad) something actually was in 1e*...  If you assume that points are adjusted roughly every quarter, this could change enough to move things on more than just the margins. You could bump up the points on QD, and we would still have paid for her (to a point). But if you bump up a wookie liberator even a little bit, and the list has to lose key component somewhere. On the flip side, it's only taken a handful of points to make people question whether X-Wings are worth putting on the table. When you also add a number of new wave releases each year - say 2 - then you have to re-evaluate the past waves routinely, and you know clever people are searching around the edges, are we not expecting a lot more impermanence?  

* e.g., it's not clear to me who actually understood how much space pre-nerf Nym blocked off before it was mapped out on the board.

Edit: pre-nerf Nym was obviously an edge case. For a less edge-case, non-rhetorically, how long did it take people to realize Miranda was the best K-Wing? (I started playing around TFA.)

Edited by PaulRuddSays

4 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Not to interrupt with a total scrub question - which I am totally doing, on the only thread in the forum that consistently delivers at least some insights - but I question whether 2.0 will ever have time to settle down into anything more than regional metas.

It seems like there was certainly some difficulty in figuring out just how good (or bad) something actually was in 1e*...  If you assume that points are adjusted roughly every quarter, this could change enough to move things on more than just the margins. You could bump up the points on QD, and we would still have paid for her (to a point). But if you bump up a wookie liberator even a little bit, and the list has to lose key component somewhere. On the flip side, it's only taken a handful of points to make people question whether X-Wings are worth putting on the table. When you also add a number of new wave releases each year - say 2 - then you have to re-evaluate the past waves routinely, and you know clever people are searching around the edges, are we not expecting a lot more impermanence?  

* e.g., it's not clear to me who actually understood how much space pre-nerf Nym blocked off before it was mapped out on the board.

Edit: pre-nerf Nym was obviously an edge case. For a less edge-case, non-rhetorically, how long did it take people to realize Miranda was the best K-Wing? (I started playing around TFA.)

That's a very possible outcome.

Further, it appears (at least at first) that figuring out value is WAAAAY harder in 2.0, because things rely on bullseye arcs or other not-always-on triggers, thus list variants might be distinct too. Even with Luke/Norra/'X', not only can that 3rd ship be pretty different, it vastly affects the upgrades on the other 2, and it's REALLY not clear what permutation is a "clear" winner.

Edit: Also, disclaimer that the points could dictate that if Luke+Norra is somehow close to the 200 point ceiling.

Edited by Tlfj200