SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Strikers can pretty much do whatever they want, provided you read your opponent right you'll have guns on target more often, with bigger guns.

TIEs, it's safety in numbers. I feel like the swarm of gnats may be stronger vs smaller lists...

Combining the two gives you the flexibility to deal with the randomness that lists likely will be initially as people try to find their feet again in the new game....

This has been a flawed strategic level analysis by Lag Janson...

Man, if we only had points costs.

Duchess seems really good without turrets existing honestly. I guess start with a SloaneMobile and her(Him if you use the Archer AA card), and then some combination of generics?

4 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

To build on this, if LWF still exists, the answer is "All Strikers", right?

Unless you sacrifice 2+ ships to do so, yes.  However, on the tactical level it might be wort not using LWF against every attack to double stress something.

2 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I'm pretty sure the answer is strikers > interceptors > ties.  3 attack dice with a reroll is much better than 2 attack dice with a reroll, and now you don't have the limitation of being stuck next to a tie fighter so you can actually use those better dials/autothrusters

But you do have to be range 1-3

Do also put Ciena on that shuttle?  That seems efficient, especially with PS1 Interceptors.

Just now, Kaptin Krunch said:

Duchess seems really good without turrets existing honestly. I guess start with a SloaneMobile and her(Him if you use the Archer AA card), and then some combination of generics?

I agree.  If Pure sabac still exists, use them as your second pocket ace.

2 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I'm pretty sure the answer is strikers > interceptors > ties.  3 attack dice with a reroll is much better than 2 attack dice with a reroll, and now you don't have the limitation of being stuck next to a tie fighter so you can actually use those better dials/autothrusters

The maneuverability of the Strikers and Interceptors will allow you to maximize an ability to surround enemy ships while still being in Sloane's bubble. Plus the more 3 dice you can bring, the more overwhelming it will be/feel to your opponent. The best use of TIE Fighters I can see is maybe a few that allow 3 Strikers + 2 Fighters and still the Sloane shuttle if there's a combination of pilots that allows that where the Strikers are used as flankers from either a single or multiple angles and fighters move with the shuttle. 

2 minutes ago, RStan said:

The maneuverability of the Strikers and Interceptors will allow you to maximize an ability to surround enemy ships while still being in Sloane's bubble. Plus the more 3 dice you can bring, the more overwhelming it will be/feel to your opponent. The best use of TIE Fighters I can see is maybe a few that allow 3 Strikers + 2 Fighters and still the Sloane shuttle if there's a combination of pilots that allows that where the Strikers are used as flankers from either a single or multiple angles and fighters move with the shuttle. 

This was basically my plan.  That, and use academies as fodder to double stress people.  Lose 12 points to kill their 20 points.  Maybe 4 ties and 2 strikers though, because I think the net attack gain is useful, as well as the ability to trigger Sloan more.

1 minute ago, RStan said:

2 Academy seems good, solely for the value of having an unappealing target. You have a R1 shot on one of them that has no tokens with Vader? Do you even want to take that shot? It'll probably explode and then Dutchess will **** you to death.

Are you ready to see a Very Sad bug ship with no mods get chewed to death? And Sloane in general punishes Linked actions and K-turning as well...

I'm torn between 3 lists when 2.0 comes out. TIE Swarm, Sloane+Stuff, and Double Defender+Doomshuttle.

The third might just straight-up not fit though.

So here is a question: Should lowrick use his ability on himself in the following situations?

1 2-die unmodded attack

2 2-die unmodded attacks

2 2-die modded

1 3-die unmodded

1 3-die modded.

I think yes if only one ship attacking, and also probably yes with 2 unmodded 2 die attacks.

1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

2 Academy seems good, solely for the value of having an unappealing target. You have a R1 shot on one of them that has no tokens with Vader? Do you even want to take that shot? It'll probably explode and then Dutchess will **** you to death.

Are you ready to see a Very Sad bug ship with no mods get chewed to death? And Sloane in general punishes Linked actions and K-turning as well...

I'm torn between 3 lists when 2.0 comes out. TIE Swarm, Sloane+Stuff, and Double Defender+Doomshuttle.

The third might just straight-up not fit though.

That's another underrated part that I haven't heard much of. Sloane will help eat up ships that really want their Linked actions. You wanna link action...sure stress yourself :)

Also that third option I hope doesn't fit. On top of that though, Valen Rudor as a TIE Defender pilot that can take actions after being shot....oooo boy. Sure, arc dodge and shoot me, I definitely won't just barrel roll and shoot you anyway. 

1 minute ago, Do I need a Username said:

Really though, we need point costs to do more.  And do you want sloan on a lambda or a reaper?

I've tried it in a Reaper with 4 I1 Strikers and having another maneuverable ship with 3 dice is pretty cool, but with the new knowledge of Jam being only range 1 and Vader crew working in the front and rear arc of Lambda shuttle. I think Sloane + Vader Lambda shuttle + swarm what fits is going to be the way to go. 

2 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Really though, we need point costs to do more.  And do you want sloan on a lambda or a reaper?

Decimator maybe for sheer "look at how tanky I am"? And a gun that stays on target?

I feel like the Reaper will be a sub-par choice unless hanging with a mostly-striker heavy force as it has less health and no Reinforce- It may be too easy to kill.  Strikers on their own can potentially still clean up. Ties? Ehhh. (LWF potentially inverts this)

****, for maximum memery, what about a Phantom? Stay cloaked/cloak with an action each turn?

1 minute ago, Do I need a Username said:

Prockets on the A-wings, then, in order of how much I want it:

FCS on E-wings

Crack shot on the A-wings

After burners on the E-wings

If they let me get more, I panic and add another ship instead.

I would prioritize another EPT over Crack. ****, I would potentially bump Afterburners up.

Afterburners seems gud.

4 minutes ago, RStan said:

That's another underrated part that I haven't heard much of. Sloane will help eat up ships that really want their Linked actions. You wanna link action...sure stress yourself :)

Also that third option I hope doesn't fit. On top of that though, Valen Rudor as a TIE Defender pilot that can take actions after being shot....oooo boy. Sure, arc dodge and shoot me, I definitely won't just barrel roll and shoot you anyway. 

I've tried it in a Reaper with 4 I1 Strikers and having another maneuverable ship with 3 dice is pretty cool, but with the new knowledge of Jam being only range 1 and Vader crew working in the front and rear arc of Lambda shuttle. I think Sloane + Vader Lambda shuttle + swarm what fits is going to be the way to go. 

For the Defenders I was assuming generics would have to be used for the cost.

But "I vader you, have some juke shots" seems ******* intense. I want to do that to people so bad...

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I cant remember,  has duchess been spoiled yet? She seems great in 2.0

49 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I would prioritize another EPT over Crack. ****, I would potentially bump Afterburners up.

Afterburners seems gud.

For the Defenders I was assuming generics would have to be used for the cost.

But "I vader you, have some juke shots" seems ******* intense. I want to do that to people so bad...

I might, but I want to make the A-wings as annoying as possible, and with crack shot (likely) being cheap, I put it at the top because I can.  Juke might be a better option however.

32 minutes ago, jagsba said:

Y'all spent yesterday talking about running, which diabetes cereal was the best, and 40k.

Still more on topic than the normal forums :P we were even mostly segueing the 40k convo into how x wing players came over from 40k