SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 minutes ago, drjkel said:

NOOOO, I only have Red Alert 3 Uprising, not the base game :(

I picked up Red Alert for free from Origin awhile back. But I still wish it was Tiberian Sun which is probably my favorite C&C game of all time. The units and setting are so cool. Unfrotunately I cant find a copy of it to download now that the nostalgia force awakened.

10 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

I'm all in on TF2. Haven't played it in years but I have  400+ hours on it. Steam handle is xicer.

There are like 20 xicers- I'd join the Steam Group.

I'd be up for doing pubs or MvM tonight- Building towards being able to make a 6's team is a possibility too.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:38 PM, Jeff Wilder said:

X-Wing 2.0 announced on 5/1.  Dunno if that counts as head-extraction or not, but I really do think it's fairly likely.

If they finally manage to fix T-65's with the Saw xpac just in time to announce development of X-Wing 2.0 and the effective death of 1.0, then no, it does not count as them extracting their heads. 

23 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

There are like 20 xicers- I'd join the Steam Group.

I'd be up for doing pubs or MvM tonight- Building towards being able to make a 6's team is a possibility too.

Done. Also, weird fact I just learned: I've been on Steam for literally half my life.

By the way, at the risk of actually talking about X-wing...you guys jokingly mentioned flying Ghost/Miranda as the ultimate cancer. One of my buddies brought it to Adepticon and almost made the cut with it (he lost an incredibly close game to Duncan that cost him the win he needed). The build was:

Lothal Rebel: TLT, Accuracy Corrector, Ghost title

Miranda: TLT, Bomblet

Zeb: Phantom title

I'm surprised more people haven't picked it up. It's straight cancer but it's easy to fly.

Edited by defkhan1

18 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

By the way, at the risk of actually talking about X-wing...you guys jokingly mentioned flying Ghost/Miranda as the ultimate cancer. One of my buddies brought it to Adepticon and almost made the cut with it (he lost an incredibly close game to Duncan that cost him the win he needed). The build was:

I'm surprised more people haven't picked it up. It's straight cancer but it's easy to fly.

I find your lack of Disrespect Guidance Chips (TM) disturbing. 

Otherwise a pretty solid list. 

22 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Wait, I just assumed it didn't fit.  What?! That's disgusting. I wonder if c3po on Miranda would be better than bomblet?

48 minutes ago, kris40k said:

If they finally manage to fix T-65's with the Saw xpac just in time to announce development of X-Wing 2.0 and the effective death of 1.0, then no, it does not count as them extracting their heads. 

All depends on how they do it. If we're counting significant changes to core rules, scoring structure, and a big whack of errata/reprinted cardboard while still allowing all the old models as 2.0 then I suspect it would go over fine.

At the same time I rank an X-Wing 2.0 announcement on May 1st in the single digits percentages. I just don't see it happening without a drop off in sales and large gap between waves foreshadowing it.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny that this game has gotten so out of whack that...

... A total casual Gameboy Advance player like myself is bored enough to try to learn how to play FPS 

... Top tables take a break to play Loopin Chewie

... this thread, the last bastion of sanity, has spent 90% of the last ten pages talking about RTS games

... My local game cafe has more people playing Mansions of Madness than X-Wing

... triple Jumpmasters still make the cut at top tournaments

... the ******* Sheathipede is still the top dog, and most of the top ships on metawing don't  even remotely resemble the real Star Wars ships we all know and love

... our savior GUNBOAT and its Harpoon Missiles get bagged on for being unwholesome despite being the only top thing other than Vader that actually have to care about their forward-facing primary arcs (edit: ok they updated and the GUNBOAT is now rated lower than Kylo and Poe)

and yet there's no errata, no FAQ, no news, nothing from FFG. 

BUT (the funny part), the forum isn't worried about any of that, and instead is currently dumpster-firing about the fact that technically, we don't really care about the FAQ, we care about the errata.

Edited by Kieransi

@Kieransi - Welcome to the land of "minis games that don't have proper developer support for rules." 

Those of us like myself or Chumbalaya that are '40k refugees' have seen this before for 40k- It's happening in X-wing now. 

What my fear is that we are in the equivalent of 6th edition- 40k 6th edition was a shitshow, but then 7th came and doubled down on all of the ****. This level of nonsense may get worse. 

Either way, I'm not pouring any money into the game until this **** gets fixed. I'm just hoping that they fix it soon. 

On a lighter note, here's the latest card that I've made- If you guys want copies, I can send some to Chris in time for Worlds- Is this card going to be in high demand?

c8U3YIc.png

1 hour ago, defkhan1 said:

Sick

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

Wait, I just assumed it didn't fit.  What?! That's disgusting. I wonder if c3po on Miranda would be better than bomblet?

Goodness....sicker ?

1 hour ago, defkhan1 said:

Pssshhh, come on now. This is a wholesome butterfly. It doesnt even have big base engine, re-enforce, or a 5 dice missile! Its only 3 TLT shots and a couple of them might even miss. How hard could it be to destroy 3po miranda?

Edited by Boom Owl

3 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny that this game has gotten so out of whack that...

... A total casual Gameboy Advance player like myself is bored enough to try to learn how to play FPS 

... Top tables take a break to play Loopin Chewie

... this thread, the last bastion of sanity, has spent 90% of the last ten pages talking about RTS games

... My local game cafe has more people playing Mansions of Madness than X-Wing

... triple Jumpmasters still make the cut at top tournaments

... the ******* Sheathipede is still the top dog, and most of the top ships on metawing don't  even remotely resemble the real Star Wars ships we all know and love

... our savior GUNBOAT and its Harpoon Missiles get bagged on for being unwholesome despite being the only top thing other than Vader that actually have to care about their forward-facing primary arcs (edit: ok they updated and the GUNBOAT is now rated lower than Kylo and Poe)

and yet there's no errata, no FAQ, no news, nothing from FFG. 

BUT (the funny part), the forum isn't worried about any of that, and instead is currently dumpster-firing about the fact that technically, we don't really care about the FAQ, we care about the errata.

God I’m going to laugh so hard when saws renegades is DOA because of no faq

2 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I Unironically love the K-wing.  Such a good ship.

Like the U-Wing, It's really growing on me. It actually fits the Star Wars aesthetic pretty well. Too bad Miranda is so OP - she gives an otherwise awesome ship a bad name. 

Also, unrelated, I think you just saw me get completely rekt in TF2 - that was literally my first game ever. Seems fun!

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

Like the U-Wing, It's really growing on me. It actually fits the Star Wars aesthetic pretty well. Too bad Miranda is so OP - she gives an otherwise awesome ship a bad name. 

Also, unrelated, I think you just saw me get completely rekt in TF2 - that was literally my first game ever. Seems fun!

Just play MvM like me.  then, you get good at that and have fun.