Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

Ready to do what Needs to be Done!

No,  I don't, because X-wing where I am is almost dead too.

Also, this is not a joke. If you know anyone that wants to borrow a ~65 ship collection (mostly Imps) until FFG pulls their heads out of their asses, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Also, this is not a joke. If you know anyone that wants to borrow a ~65 ship collection (mostly Imps) until FFG pulls their heads out of their asses, let me know.

X-Wing 2.0 announced on 5/1.  Dunno if that counts as head-extraction or not, but I really do think it's fairly likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I firmly believe nym miranda is the strongest list of the game right now. 

It has only one big glaring issue: it sucks bananas against the most common list of the metà, the infamous ghost Fenn. 

And to make things even worse nym miranda smashes through some of the hardest counters of the ghost. 

In tournaments where nym miranda isn't that common, ghost Fenn isn't so prevalent. But since nym miranda is the strongest list there are no such tournaments and we are doomed to see ghost Fenn being successful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright boys, with no FAQ confirmed, I'm looking at making a TF2 sixes team. I'm pretty good at Engineer, Medic, and Pyro, so I assume I'll get stuck being Medic. (Seeing as Engineer is a specialist and Pyro, while he can replace a Flank Scout or a Pocket, is by no means auto-include)

Anyone else want to join?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I’m terrible at FPS games but they are indeed fun. How much does TF2 cost to purchase these days?

Free, but more practically $2.50.

Buy a key to remove the Free Player designation from your account, sell the key to Marketplace.tf, and buy one of every weapon. That leaves you with like a dollar leftover, buy some cosmetics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I firmly believe nym miranda is the strongest list of the game right now. 

It has only one big glaring issue: it sucks bananas against the most common list of the metà, the infamous ghost Fenn. 

And to make things even worse nym miranda smashes through some of the hardest counters of the ghost. 

In tournaments where nym miranda isn't that common, ghost Fenn isn't so prevalent. But since nym miranda is the strongest list there are no such tournaments and we are doomed to see ghost Fenn being successful

Is anyone actually afraid of Nym anymore? Just be PS11. It only costs 20 pts. oh no. Yep. Its crazy that I actually want to face Nym Miranda instead of Lowhrick or Fenn now.

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I firmly believe nym miranda is the strongest list of the game right now. 

It has only one big glaring issue: it sucks bananas against the most common list of the metà, the infamous ghost Fenn. 

And to make things even worse nym miranda smashes through some of the hardest counters of the ghost. 

In tournaments where nym miranda isn't that common, ghost Fenn isn't so prevalent. But since nym miranda is the strongest list there are no such tournaments and we are doomed to see ghost Fenn being successful

I actually think the ego variants matchup well against nym miranda as well despite having a thinner miranda. Nym miranda is a build I had in mind when I built the list last summer and I wanted the missle for their miranda. We've also seen that a cheaper miranda with 3p0 can win the tlt slap fight in a miranda off as well.

 

Ok that's been my fill of talking x wing for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I actually think the ego variants matchup well against nym miranda as well despite having a thinner miranda. Nym miranda is a build I had in mind when I built the list last summer and I wanted the missle for their miranda. We've also seen that a cheaper miranda with 3p0 can win the tlt slap fight in a miranda off as well.

 

Ok that's been my fill of talking x wing for the week.

Whats sad is I remember going through the same steps at the end of last summer and eventually just deciding that Biggs stuff was more difficult to deal with than 2 ships with 1 agility. Then they dropped a FAQ. And we all thought we were free, except those who saw it for the political economy that it was. Then trajectory dropped, then people learned to read Fenns card. In hindsight Freedom is not a FAQ, its a choice.

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Alright boys, with no FAQ confirmed, I'm looking at making a TF2 sixes team. I'm pretty good at Engineer, Medic, and Pyro, so I assume I'll get stuck being Medic. (Seeing as Engineer is a specialist and Pyro, while he can replace a Flank Scout or a Pocket, is by no means auto-include)

Anyone else want to join?

I'll try.  My schedule is ****, my FPS skills are garbage, and I don't have very good voice chat.  but I am willing to play medic.  Or, we could play MvM.  I remember that being fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Installing TF2... I should really pick up a new headset since the last one is pooched. *looks at download timer* Well, if it weren't raining ice out there, I'd have time to get one.

 

8 hours ago, IgotTargetlocked said:

Scout me upp! 

 

13 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

I'll try.  My schedule is ****, my FPS skills are garbage, and I don't have very good voice chat.  but I am willing to play medic.  Or, we could play MvM.  I remember that being fun.

So what's the communication method for this going to be? My steam name is Poor Decisions, profile is Tom from Tom and Jerry.

If we actually get 6, we can join Newbies Cup, since I assume none of us have prior Comp records, or some other 6s league.

Or we can **** around in pubs/do MVM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

So what's the communication method for this going to be? My steam name is Poor Decisions, profile is Tom from Tom and Jerry.

If we actually get 6, we can join Newbies Cup, since I assume none of us have prior Comp records, or some other 6s league.

Or we can **** around in pubs/do MVM.

Well, just sent a Steam notice to you then. Should be obvious who I am...

Considering I've not really done much FPS since Counter Strike, messing around sounds like a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Is anyone actually afraid of Nym anymore? Just be PS11. It only costs 20 pts. oh no. Yep. Its crazy that I actually want to face Nym Miranda instead of Lowhrick or Fenn now.

I love the NymMiranda matchup. FML is the real problem because of all the turrets.

19 hours ago, Mattman7306 said:

unironicly put me on suicide watch

Reading through reddit and this forum I am the same.
My trick is to be logged out everywhere. More often than not I want to write  a reply when reading something I deem ridiculous, but the additional step of having to log in is enough to pull me out of it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, @Kaptin Krunch,  I'm with LagJanson in that I'm terrible at FPS and apparently have to leave this thing installing while I go to work, and I'm also with DoINeedAUsername in that my schedule is going to be garbage (at least for the next month), but i'm totally down to join you guys if you don't mind us losing a lot.

I also don't have any microphones or webcams on my computer, so I'll be the completely silent ninja assassin sniper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Hey, @Kaptin Krunch,  I'm with LagJanson in that I'm terrible at FPS and apparently have to leave this thing installing while I go to work, and I'm also with DoINeedAUsername in that my schedule is going to be garbage (at least for the next month), but i'm totally down to join you guys if you don't mind us losing a lot.

I also don't have any microphones or webcams on my computer, so I'll be the completely silent ninja assassin sniper. 

No problem! while it would be nice to make a 6's team, dicking around in pubs and MVM is great too. Let me know if you guys need help getting started with the game- the tutorial is notoriously not in-depth. It teaches you how to walk and shoot, and then if you join a casual game, you'll see people Sync-jumping and Trimping with no explanation of how they move like that. 

There's a reason the "How do I fly as Demonstration Man" meme exists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

No problem! while it would be nice to make a 6's team, dicking around in pubs and MVM is great too. Let me know if you guys need help getting started with the game- the tutorial is notoriously not in-depth. It teaches you how to walk and shoot, and then if you join a casual game, you'll see people Sync-jumping and Trimping with no explanation of how they move like that. 

There's a reason the "How do I fly as Demonstration Man" meme exists. 

I actually played somewhat seriously about 4 years ago, so I have quite the collection.  I'll be sending a friend request soon enough.  Should we make a steam group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I actually played somewhat seriously about 4 years ago, so I have quite the collection.  I'll be sending a friend request soon enough.  Should we make a steam group?

probably?

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/krayttf2

And if you haven't played in 4 years, there are some new unlocks- Going to scrap.tf and paying the ~10 cents to get them now is probably worth it. I know I did that when I got back in earlier this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banning the top 50 upgrades (except title) yielded a very fun tournament. Only 3 out of 12 brought X7s. In my defense, I knew my son was bringing his and I wanted a shot at beating that list. We all faced each other, as we deserved ;)

The Juggler is only filled with the lists I really remember for now, but #3 had 3 b-wings, including Ten with Debris Gambit, #5 had 2 Academy, 2 PS1 interceptor and a Hux shuttle, #7 had new Chewie, AP5, Sabine TIE, and an A-wing. We had rebel swarms, and non-VI phantoms too.

Having almost no turrets was fun, the planning time for the rounds was much longer than usual since arcs really mattered. I wouldn't say it fixed X-wing, but it was a welcome change for a one off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

probably?

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/krayttf2

And if you haven't played in 4 years, there are some new unlocks- Going to scrap.tf and paying the ~10 cents to get them now is probably worth it. I know I did that when I got back in earlier this year. 

I played more recently, but It looks like there may be some things I don't have.  I might just play enough to get them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...