SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

7 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

How do I set up my mining rig to mine Kraytcoins? I need to make lots of money on cryptomining to pay off the horde of angry gamers outside my house who want me to stop hogging all the GPUs. 

Plus I feel like Kraytcoin is probably a good investment. 

I don't think they exist yet, at least kraytcoin.com isn't up yet.  @Brunas will this ever happen?

1 hour ago, drjkel said:

That being said, arguing semantics with a body of rules that was built over time and obviously not intended to be watertight (or even to work together) is a losing proposition.

A lot of the "wargamer culture" has been puzzling to me these past 2.5 years. The need to be "right" about rules interpretation is still the most puzzling. I'd also add that repetition is not conclusive proof, but the world has proven quite effectively that it might actually count as proof nowadays...

Until FAQed otherwise, I'll keep going with common frickin' sense as the basis to interpret RAW.

I think if there were more (vocal) policy/humanities/social sciences nerds and fewer (vocal) STEM nerds the discourse would be different? I have an argument with my local group every month about how straight RAW is bad and also not the only way to do things, but it's really hard to get people who are used to rigid rules to see the world that way?

27 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

I think if there were more (vocal) policy/humanities/social sciences nerds and fewer (vocal) STEM nerds the discourse would be different? I have an argument with my local group every month about how straight RAW is bad and also not the only way to do things, but it's really hard to get people who are used to rigid rules to see the world that way?

I did both STEM and social sciences (I had to grow up a lot to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up). Both approaches have their uses to figure out a problem. Besides, as with x-wing, most people are not even great at their chosen fields/approach to the world... 

Having fewer biased, oppositional debates can only be a good thing. And I'm not talking about X-wing :)

8 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

HWKS ARE GOOD: http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=4212!  IT even Beat KAnan/Fenn(s worst possible variant, seriously, how do you screw it up this much)!!!

#Whatmeta #allthedataineed #ignorethefacts #TLTisfine #Hwks

5 players brought HWKs, out of 47, that's more than 10% of lists featuring HWKs. Granted, one went 6-0, another 3-3, the others lost everything, but still.

I'm convinced the Krayt thread has officially won the forum, because when I feel like sharing a new idea, I only ever want to share it here. Like, there's no reason I ever start a new thread anymore.

So do you think there's a meaningful way to combine Legion and X-Wing? Some kind of an RPG campaign maybe? Or maybe a giant Star Wars Axis and Allies that takes months to play and where every time you fight a battle you play a game of Legion or X-Wing? 

4 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I'm convinced the Krayt thread has officially won the forum, because when I feel like sharing a new idea, I only ever want to share it here. Like, there's no reason I ever start a new thread anymore.

So do you think there's a meaningful way to combine Legion and X-Wing? Some kind of an RPG campaign maybe? Or maybe a giant Star Wars Axis and Allies that takes months to play and where every time you fight a battle you play a game of Legion or X-Wing? 

Might as well include IA to? 

I feel like a Best of 4 format would make sense. One player is Rebel the other Empire. Play one Legion, one X Wing, one Armada, and one IA game. 

Whoever wins the most battles, wins the war. If its 2-2 the tie breaker would be a 2 hour Miranda mirror match.

2 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Might as well include IA to? 

I feel like a Best of 4 format would make sense. One player is Rebel the other Empire. Play one Legion, one X Wing, one Armada, and one IA game. 

Whoever wins the most battles, wins the war. If its 2-2 the tie breaker would be a 2 hour Miranda mirror match.

You forgot Destiny, the RPG (gotta be some way to competitively play that 1v1), Rebellion, and the LCG! And then if each player wins four, you go to Empire vs. Rebellion for the tiebreaker. 

Edited by Kieransi

26 minutes ago, drjkel said:

I did both STEM and social sciences (I had to grow up a lot to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up). Both approaches have their uses to figure out a problem. Besides, as with x-wing, most people are not even great at their chosen fields/approach to the world... 

Having fewer biased, oppositional debates can only be a good thing. And I'm not talking about X-wing :)

Agreed on all of the above. I’m not saying certain viewpoints are better but rather the lack of diversity in the viewpoints/inherent biases means the discourse goes the way it does. 

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I want to play a game of rebellion, but:

-Every time there's a space battle, simulate it in Armada to resolve it. 

-Each Squadron on squadron conflict in Armada is resolved in a mini game of X-wing 

-Each land battle is simulated on a giant Legion map, with buildings and such

-Within a legion game, whenever the action could do with a little more 'zooming in', just have a game of IA to resolve that. 

-Mission resolution is done by playing as your leaders within sessions of the star wars rpgs. 

Shouldn't take too long. A couple of years at most? 

Back to dials is streaming (theoretically), if anyone wants mostly wholesome X-wing.

Wait, I lied, It's the Colorado Meta, meaning its bordering on meta but just weird and bad instead.

Edited by Do I need a Username
Spelling is hard late at night

9 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

It somehow happened again. TF2 had a major update while waiting for a FFG update. 

Come on FFG, get it together. Valve is releasing content faster than you!

Half Life 3 or X-wing 2.0, which will be first? Will our grand kids witness the conclusion of that race? 

What's better than flipping to the Krayt thread between jobs at work? Working from home and going to the Krayt thread every time my VPN dumps me off the network... Yep. I think I may read the internet today.

1 hour ago, drjkel said:

Half Life 3 or X-wing 2.0, which will be first? Will our grand kids witness the conclusion of that race? 

Oooh! An optimist!

30 minutes ago, viedit said:

Add the next Game Of Thrones novel to that list....

Are they still even pretending that's going to happen?  I listened to the entire series while driving to/from work over the course of like... well, a long time YEARS ago and I remember hearing at the time that the next novel was coming soon™

31 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Are they still even pretending that's going to happen?  I listened to the entire series while driving to/from work over the course of like... well, a long time YEARS ago and I remember hearing at the time that the next novel was coming soon™

I think Scruffy McTuggerson (AKAGeorge R.R) conveyed his main plot lines to HBO as a contingency that he kicked the bucket before he finished the series.  Then he realized that Boobies On Screen (BOS) are way more fun than Boobies as Written (BAW) and just said screw it.  I'll leave the rest to HBO.

george-rr-martin-books.jpeg

31 minutes ago, viedit said:

I think Scruffy McTuggerson (AKAGeorge R.R) conveyed his main plot lines to HBO as a contingency that he kicked the bucket before he finished the series.  Then he realized that Boobies On Screen (BOS) are way more fun than Boobies as Written (BAW) and just said screw it.  I'll leave the rest to HBO.

george-rr-martin-books.jpeg

I'm 95% sure this is true.  He used to be a,tv writer, and I've read somewhere (I think) that in GoT he wanted to write the kind of story that he couldn't for TV.   But low and behold, it's a wildly successful TV series, and he was obviously getting bored with writing the books anyway, so I'd bet money he dies first.

Edited by Biophysical