SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

The Ducks decided not to play hockey last night in OT in order to win. Reminded me of some of the best strategies of X-Wing. Let’s go Ducks!!

Fortressing is a legitimate tactic and there is nothing wrong with doing it if its the best decision.

/facedesk

Fix your game, FFG

11 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

That's why you should try the Silencers.  They do not go quietly into the night in that matchup.  

...they do not vanish without a fight! They're going live on! They're going survive! Today we celebrate our Empire Day!

Edited by RStan

Stop it with the game spoilers! I barely even know what Axis&Allies is and I want to be surprised and learn all the intricacies of it in one fell swoop!

On X-wing news, we're signed up for the Millenium Condor Baladodiffusion tournament in May, which I will probably meme through, very likely flying my son's triple Defenders. It's a few blocks from my mom's house, so we get to see family while we're there (maybe have a few drop in to cheer my son/intimidate his opponents).

I used to be psyched at the idea of a Canadian System Open, but now I just look at my bank account and think to myself "self, you could do so much more with that money!" I wish I had the time for the odd casual game (against someone other than my son), but a single day once a month fits better in our schedule...

43 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Are you kidding?! I'm following this podcast to find out if @Brunas figures out what he's doing before the Allies squash his forces. Don't spoil it!!!!

If I heard correctly, @Brunas bought industrial complexes for Germany, so he's already hosed.

1 hour ago, Kelvan said:

Dude I've been doing well. I've made day 2 cut at my last 2 regionals with a top 8. My list is fun.

That doesn't mean the lists I'm flying against are fun.

and if you want beefy dangerous, roided A wings... you gotta fly Marcel's Snap A triple Jump list.

That reminds me, the dude who brought six naked HWKs to Hangar Bay at Adepticon last year returned. He brought his HWKs again, but his second list was even better: two A-wings. Jake and Tycho with a 30+ pt bid.

8 minutes ago, drjkel said:

Stop it with the game spoilers! I barely even know what Axis&Allies is and I want to be surprised and learn all the intricacies of it in one fell swoop!

I bought a box of Axis and Allies cheap at a store going out of business. I discovered why it was cheap when I opened it to discover it was missing... um... some unimportant stuff, like, uh... the game board? I still have some of the tanks, ships and stuff. Have played some knock-off PC games though, it's kinda cool if you've got friends with a long enough attention span.

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I bought it hook, line, and sinker, despite complaining about Legion's lack of Clone Wars factions. Legion looks fun actually. 

Making you the only other person to do so in the area... I hope to convince some armada people to play it because we have been getting wrecked at every tournament we go to...

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

That was my entire local xwing communities response too: this could be cool but I want to ROGER ROGER at people

Why ROGER ROGER when you can do Wilhelm screams?  Glorious death monologues await!  Imperial Propaganda will celebrate the victories of the Empire!

6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Look, you can take me away from the RTS, but you can't take the RTS from me.  I wanted more unit production! I was bamboozled! 

At least you do some of that... I just find the biggest bomber I can and build as many as possible.  Works wonders unless people rush me (Which they do) so I play against bots!  Aurora Bombers ahead!

1 hour ago, mdl0114 said:

Will Germany take Australia? Why the unprovoked attack on peaceful transport vessels? If Italy conquers France does that make France better or worse? Super relevant questions all left unanswered!

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z

5 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

At least you do some of that... I just find the biggest bomber I can and build as many as possible.  Works wonders unless people rush me (Which they do) so I play against bots!  Aurora Bombers ahead!

I loved Auroras so much. High speed bomber ready for takeoff!

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

I loved Auroras so much. High speed bomber ready for takeoff!

Just spam airbases, and build as many as you can, then send in one flight for the command center, and use pairs to blow up all the SAM sites so they don't get shot on the way out... gets me every time.

(Also, voice barks in all of those games are great, and I occasionally quote them in random contexts.)

17 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Just tell me you didn't build one in Algeria.

They were in German controlled Eastern Europe, which were 2 and 3 for number of units they could produce a turn.  Nailed it.

These historical wargames and their wanting to follow actual history.  I know what happened!  Let me team up with Russia and go for a better strategy, haha

16 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I bought a box of Axis and Allies cheap at a store going out of business. I discovered why it was cheap when I opened it to discover it was missing... um... some unimportant stuff, like, uh... the game board? I still have some of the tanks, ships and stuff. Have played some knock-off PC games though, it's kinda cool if you've got friends with a long enough attention span.

Hey, you're all set! Most Axis and Allies games are balanced but not very thematic, and favor Japan over Germany (since it's harder for Japan to reach an allied capital). Just get one of those poster boards that 3rd graders use at science fairs and use some sharpies to draw a map! You can also use the rules and minis on alternate worlds - my dad, brother and I made some Axis and Allies Rome, Narnia, and LotR boards that were a blast to play on!

14 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Making you the only other person to do so in the area... I hope to convince some armada people to play it because we have been getting wrecked at every tournament we go to...

Maybe if we use beer for terrain we can convince the casual Destiny players to join? 

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

Hey, you're all set! Most Axis and Allies games are balanced but not very thematic, and favor Japan over Germany (since it's harder for Japan to reach an allied capital). Just get one of those poster boards that 3rd graders use at science fairs and use some sharpies to draw a map! You can also use the rules and minis on alternate worlds - my dad, brother and I made some Axis and Allies Rome, Narnia, and LotR boards that were a blast to play on!

I don't need a board! I'll make my own board! With blackjack! And... well, you know where that goes...

24 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Just spam airbases, and build as many as you can, then send in one flight for the command center, and use pairs to blow up all the SAM sites so they don't get shot on the way out... gets me every time.

(Also, voice barks in all of those games are great, and I occasionally quote them in random contexts.)

You forgot king Raptors were slower but had anti missile defense. You could lead with a raptor and then dumpster with auroras. Knocking out people's power grids and watching my auroras fly over sad SAMs was great

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

You forgot king Raptors were slower but had anti missile defense. You could lead with a raptor and then dumpster with auroras. Knocking out people's power grids and watching my auroras fly over sad SAMs was great

why do that? Aurora's can just dumpster the grid on their own, can't be attack until they run away... so good.  Also, I refuse to build anything other than heavy bombers and artillery on principle.

4 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

why do that? Aurora's can just dumpster the grid on their own, can't be attack until they run away... so good.  Also, I refuse to build anything other than heavy bombers and artillery on principle.

Muh air superiority!!!!

Edited by catachanninja