SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

6 hours ago, Biophysical said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure my opponent's chose the exact wrong strategy against me.  I don't know if this says more about the benefits of a less common list or the mind numbing effects of running Ghost-Fenn.

Out of curiosity, what were you running?

Just now, Stay On The Leader said:

Quick lets ban them!   somebody get on the phone FFG and let them know we don't need a nerf on TLT any more, we need an Epsilon Leader fix, asap.

could you be any more ******* obnoxious? Every single competitive game has erratas, faqs and restrictions to keep it from getting stale.

15 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

A QD, Kylo and freaking Epsilon Leader just won the biggest xwing tournament ever held.

That's a good list, I've played that list. The Epsilon is a great blocker that doesnt give up points as quickly as an Academy.

19 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

Out of curiosity, what were you running?

36 point Quickdraw and two 32 point PS4 Silencers.

Edited by Biophysical

11 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Quick lets ban them!   somebody get on the phone FFG and let them know we don't need a nerf on TLT any more, we need an Epsilon Leader fix, asap.

Are you trying to make some point by conflating single one-off events with majorities of a cut dominated by an archetype?  

8 hours ago, hawk32 said:

Talking to will after the cut, he was super excited at the possibility of the top 4 being all strezra/low/miranda... I'll have to ask him how he feels now... 

Logged in just to reply to this. Im unfamiliar with your handle (hope it refers to HWK-290!). I still would have loved an all Strezra top four and was extremely excited to find out Strezra would win the Open regardless of the winner. 

To me Strezra does not fit into the 100 point ace archetype, which is defined by (In my opinion) Lowhhrick and Fenn. While both Shealthipedes provide a similar debuff of attack modifiers, Strezra is an pocket ace with debuffs and Fenn is a high ps support ship with debuff abilities. 

The "100 point Corran" requires Fenn for ps11 actions which Corran needs to effectively arc dodge and be defensive. The same list but with a Strezra would not be effective. 

13 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

Logged in just to reply to this. Im unfamiliar with your handle (hope it refers to HWK-290!). I still would have loved an all Strezra top four and was extremely excited to find out Strezra would win the Open regardless of the winner. 

To me Strezra does not fit into the 100 point ace archetype, which is defined by (In my opinion) Lowhhrick and Fenn. While both Shealthipedes provide a similar debuff of attack modifiers, Strezra is an pocket ace with debuffs and Fenn is a high ps support ship with debuff abilities. 

The "100 point Corran" requires Fenn for ps11 actions which Corran needs to effectively arc dodge and be defensive. The same list but with a Strezra would not be effective. 

Unfortunately it refers to Iowa :(

11 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

I would give a much looser definition of '100 Point Ace' as an archetype, referring to any list thst contains

- a 40+ point Regenerating ship

- Wingmen who are brought along mainly to make the Points Locker difficult to kill, or ships that must be targeted before the wingmen due to the effects that they can provide(Pretty much any R3A2 carrier)

As a point, the initial "100 Point Corran" was Corran, Biggs, StressHog if I remember correctly? It doesn't need Fenn.

42 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I would give a much looser definition of '100 Point Ace' as an archetype, referring to any list thst contains

- a 40+ point Regenerating ship

- Wingmen who are brought along mainly to make the Points Locker difficult to kill, or ships that must be targeted before the wingmen due to the effects that they can provide(Pretty much any R3A2 carrier)

As a point, the initial "100 Point Corran" was Corran, Biggs, StressHog if I remember correctly? It doesn't need Fenn.

Corran biggs ashoka because nathan can't love the stresshog.

1 hour ago, killerbeardhawk said:

Agreed, and our analysis does exactly that - all 100 point aces are fenn + low + ace (with some weird/bad derivations).

Stress ezra is it's own beast

12 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Agreed, and our analysis does exactly that - all 100 point aces are fenn + low + ace (with some weird/bad derivations).

Stress ezra is it's own beast

Based on my adepticon, low/strezra is worse than the fenn version... and it isn't even close.

15 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Can confirm, replacing Low with Wes is bad.  It is a lot of fun though and catches plenty of people by supprise.

:)

4 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

People are forgetting that in 2016 Dan Hars (and me) won regionals with Corran Biggs Wes. I'd call it the OG "100 points ace"

That was actually one of two builds I was thinking about when I built the first missle miranda list I had success with in 2016 (miranda braylen biggs) I saw the og 100 point corran and took the missle miranda loadout I saw mike Jones running and iterated to that.