SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 hours ago, Tlfj200 said:

Hoth cut is like

9-10 low/fenn/ace

3 ghost fenns

2-3 nym Miranda 

2-3 yorr aces

...man, why do we try? This clearly isn’t the game we want. 

What I am beginning to realize is that it isnt even fun to play against low/miranda, ghost/fenn, and miranda/nym when I am winning consistently. I have enough reps now that I can beat all of it semi reliably (33% of the time) with small base arcs. The trouble is playing against AOE Kites is still fundamentally not interesting or good gameplay. 

tumblr_n8ogopYMIy1qh59n0o3_500.gif

Edited by Boom Owl

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

What I am beginning to realize is that it isnt even fun to play against low/miranda, ghost/fenn, and miranda/nym when I am winning consistently. I have enough reps now that I can beat all of it semi reliably (33% of the time) with small base arcs. The trouble is playing against AOE Kites is still fundamentally not interesting or good gameplay. 

Yeah, that's the main problem.  You can do it, it's not just enjoyable.

Well, the mercenaries alternate format today was fun. Not without issues, due to poor planning on my part as the TO, but everybody seemed to have fun.

I do like the smaller, non-meta tournaments. I can see @Tlfj200 not because things aren't optimized.. Or good. It is fun though to kick back and do silly things.

13 minutes ago, drjkel said:

I missed a lot today, because funerals are definitely not fun, but don't worry, the SOS final match is not a mirror! We're saved!

Selflessness v Draw their fire is a very hard tactical and strategic decision to make!

Draw Their Fire Quickdraw + Scimitar Kylo Bomber = Joy

Edited by Boom Owl

I call this piece of performance art "X-wing is fine YO!"

Wherein two players both recognize their shot at winning if they play out the game is basically the same as flipping a coin, so might as well go relax, run down the clock and come back to roll dem dice.

It's not like there's anything on the line, right?

xwing%20is%20fine!.jpg

Just now, drjkel said:

I call this piece of performance art "X-wing is fine YO!"

Wherein two players both recognize their shot at winning if they play out the game is basically the same as flipping a coin, so might as well go relax, run down the clock and come back to roll dem dice.

It's not like there's anything on the line, right?

xwing%20is%20fine!.jpg

I am so glad I had this template today for other reasons:

YlxALSd.png

That was great. The 10 minutes of looping chewie and final salvo on the dice app made the 45+ minute Miranda on Miranda pillow fight worth it.

Edit: Also Selflessness confirmed best Low EPT, it won a major tournament must be true.

Edited by mdl0114

8 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Those are horrific screen caps. I hope they go viral... Particularly the 'back in 15' sheet.

That is why I made it! They don't even need captions :D

The fact that the stream was so glitch that I couldn't actually watch and just randomly saw that on my pc while watching TV makes it even better! 

41 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Those are horrific screen caps. I hope they go viral... Particularly the 'back in 15' sheet.

My handwriting is terrible, I'm sorry.

The good news is that we get an alt atr miranda that I'll be making shortly.

Then we can all go do something else while we wait for FFG to pull their heads out of their asses.

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

My handwriting is terrible, I'm sorry.

The good news is that we get an alt atr miranda that I'll be making shortly.

Then we can all go do something else while we wait for FFG to pull their heads out of their asses.

were you an observer, or one of the players?

12 hours ago, Brunas said:

Haha, doing God's work.  Also, it was good to see? you today!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure my opponent's chose the exact wrong strategy against me.  I don't know if this says more about the benefits of a less common list or the mind numbing effects of running Ghost-Fenn.

5 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure my opponent's chose the exact wrong strategy against me.  I don't know if this says more about the benefits of a less common list or the mind numbing effects of running Ghost-Fenn.

Also, that most players are just bad. Note, I am often included in that. Congrats though on the Ghost busting.