SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

45 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

But look at how much fun they are having...

You know, looking at my dusty collection, I don't think we have enough Lt Colzet in the meta. That little troll needs to make appearance... I'm putting him on the table next.

I flew Colzet+Bohdi in a cross faction once.  Sensor jammer on both.  Most fun I ever had.

Meanwhile in Canada: since banning top pilots was fun, I'm running a one-off tournament banning the top 50 upgrades (excluding titles) to see what horrible things people come up with. The list is rather extensive.

And I figured I should show the way by using ships I've never used before in a tournament and known OP stuff that slips through just fine without upgrades. I give you fairest ship rebel: Lowhhrick, Captain Rex, Ezra Sheathipede (Elusiveness), Wild Space Fringer (Outrider and Mangler).

I'm expecting my son's crackshot Glaives to do just fine against most of that field. Where "fine" is likely to mean "curbstomp".

I was also considering two loaded TIE/d, @Biophysical style, but I've used Defenders before and the jank is calling me.

15 minutes ago, drjkel said:

I was also considering two loaded TIE/d, @Biophysical style

Do it.  you have no idea how much fun it is when things just burn until you play TIE/d.  Everything dies to its volume of fire, and it is defensive, but not overly so.  On the other hand, U-wings are very, very fun.

Edit: Nevermind, you need those EPTs to be competitive, so U-wings are probably the right option.

Edited by Do I need a Username

In another case of living free, I finally decided to go to the LGS to play.  I announced wholesome night with objectives.  I had the most fun I've had with X-Wing since Krayt Cup.

I played this

Unsaved Squadron (100)

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Veteran Instincts 1
Rey 2
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 33

Jake Farrell — A-Wing 24
Veteran Instincts 1
Proton Rockets 3
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
A-Wing Test Pilot 0

Ello Asty — T-70 X-Wing 30
Veteran Instincts 1
Advanced Optics 2
Integrated Astromech 0

Ship Total: 34

Edited by Chumbalaya

4 minutes ago, Chumbalaya said:

In another case of living free, I finally decided to go to the LGS to play.  I announced wholesome night with objectives.  I had the most fun I've had with X-Wing since Krayt Cup.

Question I'm scared to ask: Had you played x-wing since krayt cup?

32 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Do it.  you have no idea how much fun it is when things just burn until you play TIE/d.  Everything dies to its volume of fire, and it is defensive, but not overly so.  On the other hand, U-wings are very, very fun.

Edit: Nevermind, you need those EPTs to be competitive, so U-wings are probably the right option.

Predator is the only dice mod EPT that's not banned this time around.

That huge ban list means x7s are nearly unkillable though, we'll see how much our locals will break this format. It's an experiment.

50 minutes ago, Chumbalaya said:

I played this

Unsaved Squadron (100)

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Veteran Instincts 1
Rey 2
Alliance Overhaul 0

Jake Farrell — A-Wing 24
Veteran Instincts 1
Proton Rockets 3
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
A-Wing Test Pilot 0

Ello Asty — T-70 X-Wing 30
Veteran Instincts 1
Advanced Optics 2
Integrated Astromech 0

Ship Total: 34

That almost looks like a 3 ship Rebel build?

What madness is this!!

Since no one else seems to be doing it, I shall post a list of things I would like to see as topics in the next not-main episode.  First, the mandatory inclusions:

1. Soontir Fel

2. Weeb stuff (Because @Brunas)

Now, the things I actually think would be interesting:

3. Building a community

4. Inviting the casual player for a more competitive game

5. Weird Jank interactions I guess would be fun?

6. Podcasting(?) [would anyone else be interested in hearing how it happened?  Or is that just me?]

7. What makes a card "fair?"  (In your opinion) And what are some examples

8. Definition of an Ace.

What did I miss?

Edited by Do I need a Username

21 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Since no one else seems to be doing it, I shall post a list of things I would like to see as topics in the next not-main episode.  First, the mandatory inclusions:

1. Soontir Fel

3. Building a community

6. Podcasting(?) [would anyone else be interested in hearing how it happened?  Or is that just me?]

7. What makes a card "fair?"  (In your opinion) And what are some examples?

What did I miss?

Topics? I think you've posted ideas in the wrong podcast thread ;)

4 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Ayyyyy I did it boys. 0-2 drop at Adepticon, didn't even have to try. Literally first tournament I didn't do 4-2 or better. Time to actually enjoy myself now.

LOOK FOR LEGION STUFF HASAN. I KNOW YOU HAVE ALL THE PROMOS ALREADY BUT ILL FIND OTHER STUFF. 

Just now, defkhan1 said:

What's also great is that we have a 300+ person Swiss and I immediately play two people I know. Round 1 the guy I drove up with, round 2 someone I met at Worlds. What're the odds of that?

Do big tourneys not allow "travel groups" to avoid playing your local playgroup in the first round?

57 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

3. Building a community

For a community that seems to be as data-obsessed as this one is, these topics have certainly not been explored seriously.

I bought Kylo Ren alt art for my events and sacrificed one for a draw if people would just take the time to fill out my survey. 38 people, most of them locals, did so. I even got 6 players that never made it out to an event. And I'm providing (most) results free of charge, right on our League page.

The survey could very easily be distributed to the X-wing player base at large with a different demo question on where people live and taking out the rating of specific stores (that last part will not be made public, to protect egos).

4 minutes ago, drjkel said:

For a community that seems to be as data-obsessed as this one is, these topics have certainly not been explored seriously.

I bought Kylo Ren alt art for my events and sacrificed one for a draw if people would just take the time to fill out my survey. 38 people, most of them locals, did so. I even got 6 players that never made it out to an event. And I'm providing (most) results free of charge, right on our League page.

The survey could very easily be distributed to the X-wing player base at large with a different demo question on where people live and taking out the rating of specific stores (that last part will not be made public, to protect egos).

I really hate to be that guy, but I don't think anyone that's colorblind (at least deutan) will be able to read these charts at all.  I have no idea what's going on, haha!

25 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Do big tourneys not allow "travel groups" to avoid playing your local playgroup in the first round?

I haven't heard it mentioned in a long time as an option at big events, not sure if that's a recent development though.

1 hour ago, Do I need a Username said:

1. Soontir Fel

3. Building a community

7. What makes a card "fair?"  (In your opinion) And what are some examples

What did I miss?

I think we could do those things