SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

I can only assume that the Phone Call That Broke The World went something like this: 

"rufus.gif,may i speak to a judge?"

Beginning to realize that the big secret that most bad players don't realize is that the good players that you regularly see on Final tables or in the Top Cut....take the game way less seriously than basically everyone on the internet, or at least they save their serious energy for ya know playing the game itself I guess. They seem to generally focus on playing well, having fun, making the most of things, and try to fight through exhaustion late in the day before they try to catch a plane or drive home or whatever. I can only assume that not manufacturing drama or focusing on a bunch of nonsense that 100% doesn't matter or that they can't control is what gives them their secret matrix powers and the time to git gud. Everyone needs to chill and dial back the Drama Panic button. Folks definitely need to dial back the rage against cool people who freely produce free content for the community in ways that no one ever could on a forum or reddit or twitch chat. Also goes without saying that Paul Heaver is basically the Abraham Lincoln of X-Wing? In summary....everyone just needs to: 

KEEP CALM 
LIVE FREE, DON'T JOIN 

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Boom Owl

6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

The funny thing is, the whole krayt business was supposed to be a mockery/example of that and now... we're the wholesome ones?  Truly we live in the dankest timeline.

It's adorable that you believe that.

As long as I've listened, it was wholesome masquerading as swamp monsters. Being evidence-based makes it harder to prove PA's theory.

4 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Also goes without saying that Paul Heaver is basically the Abraham Lincoln of X-Wing? 

Now I really want an upgrade card with a picture of Heaver with a photoshopped Lincoln beard.

8 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I believe I am obligated to remind you that Back To Dials exists (sort-of).

Emphasis on the sort of...

I’ve recently just decided that Krayts are the only cast worth listening to anymore. Everyone else is ******* about stuff I just don’t care about anymore. The Krayts are ******* about stuff I do care about, like how everyone else is ******* about stuff I don’t care about. Plus there is content. I’m not sure any other podcasts have that anymore.

Assuming new players exist, the other podcasts are fine. But the first time you get mad at them for reading a card and getting it wrong, there is only one podcast left to listen to. (Maybe two or three, if you can wear headphones at work and like listening to future American accents).

30 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

Plus there is content. I’m not sure any other podcasts have that anymore.

I mean ... is there, though?  On my commute this morning, I listened to Chris fumble through dead air for eight minutes after everybody else hung up on him in disgust.  (I mean, I assume that's why.)  I was literally trapped into listening, as it was SRO on BART, I had a hot-as-crap 25-year old chick nestled into my body, and if I'd moved to turn off the podcast, I probably would have performed accidental frottage.

Also they played Metallica's lousy cover of "The Star Spangled Banner" not once, but twice.

It was horrible.  (Well, none of it was horrible, actually, except for the podcast.)

If you're tuning in to the Krayt's for "content," I think you and I have different definitions of "content."  (We might even be putting the emPHASis on different syLABbles.)

2 hours ago, Ailowynn said:

I’m not sure any other podcasts have that anymore.

Millenium Condor Baladodiffusion has really well researched actual content. You do need to speak French to get most of it though. The fun part is that it's not only applicable to X-wing, it's more like @Tlfj200's Listener episodes. Their latest one covered being healthy in general and sleeping enough as a way to get better at X-wing, among other things that you need to do to prep for a tournament. They even have a non zero amount of @catachanninja!

At this point, I'm more in it for the banter than tips & tricks, so I really enjoy a good @Mynock Delta rant or ribbing too. Plus, hearing about his way older son also having success (with Defenders) is nice ;)

2 hours ago, Biophysical said:

I was pretty disappointed that Metallica was the Star Spangled banner cover they went to when Jimi Hendrix exists.  I mean, Metallica is great, but if you're looking for badass anthems, Jimi's is where you start and end your search.

1 hour ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Exactly!

I'm just mad this exists:

yet I can't find similar of the only national anthem that actually matters...

1 hour ago, drjkel said:

Millenium Condor Baladodiffusion has really well researched actual content. You do need to speak French to get most of it though. The fun part is that it's not only applicable to X-wing, it's more like @Tlfj200's Listener episodes. Their latest one covered being healthy in general and sleeping enough as a way to get better at X-wing, among other things that you need to do to prep for a tournament. They even have a non zero amount of @catachanninja!

At this point, I'm more in it for the banter than tips & tricks, so I really enjoy a good @Mynock Delta rant or ribbing too. Plus, hearing about his way older son also having success (with Defenders) is nice ;)

I'm glad you enjoy condor! I just recorded with Bruno again last night. Should be out sometime before or after I get my krayt cup swag.

3 hours ago, Biophysical said:

I was pretty disappointed that Metallica was the Star Spangled banner cover they went to when Jimi Hendrix exists.  I mean, Metallica is great, but if you're looking for badass anthems, Jimi's is where you start and end your search.

I was in whatever mindset you wanna describe me as being in, totally realized I forgot afterwords. 

Just now, catachanninja said:

I'm glad you enjoy condor! I just recorded with Bruno again last night. Should be out sometime before or after I get my krayt cup swag.

Hard not to, half their first few episodes was them being shell-shocked at nearly being beaten by my 7 year old in store champs ;)

So, we just push out a bit of new style content.  It's probably bad, but the format could be interesting in the future, if there's topics we want to discuss.  Curious if "pick an interesting community-generated topic we want to talk about and just go" is something the world wants.

This time, we actually do care about what people think, because during the downtime of us not enjoying the game, we still wanted to hang out with friends, and we're trying to find a way to do that that isn't calling the community a bunch of morons for a liking a meta we don't like.  So, let me know, thanks!

21 minutes ago, Brunas said:

So, we just push out a bit of new style content.  It's probably bad, but the format could be interesting in the future, if there's topics we want to discuss.  Curious if "pick an interesting community-generated topic we want to talk about and just go" is something the world wants.

This time, we actually do care about what people think, because during the downtime of us not enjoying the game, we still wanted to hang out with friends, and we're trying to find a way to do that that isn't calling the community a bunch of morons for a liking a meta we don't like.  So, let me know, thanks!

I’d listen to pretty much anything at this point, and I’m down with crowd sourcing topics. I kinda figured that was what this thread was, to a certain extent. I liked Ricky’s take on fortressing, but it seems you have a real gift for figuring those out. Do you have a process worth talking about?

also, how many bunker build time changes do you remember?

Content is great, the unorganized mess is usually fun. If we can help in any non-monetary way I’m sure everybody that listens is onboard. 

20 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

I’d listen to pretty much anything at this point, and I’m down with crowd sourcing topics. I kinda figured that was what this thread was, to a certain extent. I liked Ricky’s take on fortressing, but it seems you have a real gift for figuring those out. Do you have a process worth talking about?

also, how many bunker build time changes do you remember?

Content is great, the unorganized mess is usually fun. If we can help in any non-monetary way I’m sure everybody that listens is onboard. 

Huh, I guess I do have a process for fortressing, but I don't know how to type it.  Maybe it's a good Video Tutorial™.  It's worth talking about at least.

I want to say 4 (up, down, up, back down in 5 second increments) but now I'm going to go check.  Apparently it was 35 -> 40 -> 30 -> 40 -> 30.  Jesus.  Also forgot about the salvage amount change.  What a useless nerf that was to appease the forums - 100 minerals by the time you salvage the **** bunker is worth less than the 100 minerals it cost to build the thing in the first place!  Economics, scrubby zerg players.  I know economics is hard when you get unlimited money and workers and don't need to make an army until you feel like it or whatever, but some of us have to understand basic math to play our faction!

10 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Huh, I guess I do have a process for fortressing, but I don't know how to type it.  Maybe it's a good Video Tutorial™.  It's worth talking about at least.

I want to say 4 (up, down, up, back down in 5 second increments) but now I'm going to go check.  Apparently it was 35 -> 40 -> 30 -> 40 -> 30.  Jesus.  Also forgot about the salvage amount change.  What a useless nerf that was to appease the forums - 100 minerals by the time you salvage the **** bunker is worth less than the 100 minerals it cost to build the thing in the first place!  Economics, scrubby zerg players.  I know economics is hard when you get unlimited money and workers and don't need to make an army until you feel like it or whatever, but some of us have to understand basic math to play our faction!

There is an interesting topic.  Opportunity costs.  When do you split fire?  When do you decide to disengage? When do you decide to get out of position to chase extra damage? When do you decide that just getting some MOV out of a match is more important that winning? When do you decide that baiting with a ship is worth it?