SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

I know things got a little patchy around here towards the end, but just wanted to give a personal thanks to everyone for contributing to real discussion and such.  It's hard to achieve, especially mostly anonymously over the internet on something like an official forum. I assume this forum/board will be shut down... soonish, the end is nigh, etc.

Anyways, thanks for being great!

26 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I know things got a little patchy around here towards the end, but just wanted to give a personal thanks to everyone for contributing to real discussion and such.  It's hard to achieve, especially mostly anonymously over the internet on something like an official forum. I assume this forum/board will be shut down... soonish, the end is nigh, etc.

There really was a glorious period of real talk prior to the shut down.  Good times.

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

Since I joined this thread in the beginning it’s worth returning to post once more. I’ve learned a lot through people on this thread. 

Thanks FFG. It hasn’t been perfect, but it’s been a good run.

53 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Thanks FFG.

Quoted for emphasis. 

3 hours ago, Brunas said:

At its best the X-Wing community always had this energy: 
dumpster-fire-enamel-pin-by-100-soft-enamel-pin-100-soft-922158_1024x1024.jpg?v=1603216252

This thread was a small 1,500 page part of that. 

12 hours ago, Brunas said:

I’m still waiting for the announcement that the forum is complete! 

On the other hand, AMG doesn’t seem to have forums. Is anyone expecting a replacement? 

4 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

I mean, this is ultimately an Asmodee site. I don't know that this space won't transform somehow.

Anyhow, if y'all are heading off regardless, we'll miss the extra voices. Have a good one.

Ya, they might just shuffle the miniatures portion into a new, or existing but somehow eluding me, AMG sub section of Azmodee's system.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Ya, they might just shuffle the miniatures portion into a new, or existing but somehow eluding me, AMG sub section of Azmodee's system.

We'll either pull up the site one day and it'll be black with Atomic mass's logo in the corner or we're get an external server error and that'll be that.

Probably somewhat depends on how it was setup. Matt Holand isn't around to moderate (F), and if he didn't promote someone to admin rights this could easily be more wild west than it already has been since March, Giving Asmodee little choice but to pull the plug.

7 hours ago, jagsba said:

Ur Already in the discord my man

True!

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I mean, this is ultimately an Asmodee site. I don't know that this space won't transform somehow.

Anyhow, if y'all are heading off regardless, we'll miss the extra voices. Have a good one.

Also true!

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Probably not true? 

43 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

We'll either pull up the site one day and it'll be black with Atomic mass's logo in the corner or we're get an external server error and that'll be that.

The truest take. 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:58 PM, AEIllingworth said:

Also, we are all kind of expecting the forums to stop working at some point? Facebook and maybe discords seem to be ticking up in popularity because they won’t be affected by this Asmodee internal shuffling. 

Hopefully, AMG gets a forum section, but if they don't, this forum will likely still be active. Destiny's forum is still usable even though it was "complete" a year back at this point. The last post was from November 30, 2020.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:32 PM, gamblertuba said:

But what about all my likes that I've worked so very hard to earn?  What about my post count?  If I can't take them with to the new forum, it's almost like they were a total waste of time...

Better screenshot it so u can member the Gud times.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:33 AM, catachanninja said:

that is sort of the real answer, companies have been moving to reddit and discord for a while and getting like one intern to mod it a little, if the forums go down, that's likely what happnes.

If you thought scrolling up in the forums was hard... #discord

I'll simply say, this is by far, the best forum a gaming site has ever had to my -albeit limited- knowledge. I would argue it assisted sales, and the evolution of the game, as much as anything they attempted. But far better, it allowed some fantastic asteroids hurdling through he blackness of space bump into one another and share some thoughts and laughs in a way that would have never occurred otherwise... for that, I love this board.

Be it stays, gets moved or revamped, it's been a grand little run regardless I count my contacts here nothing but joy (even disagreements, haha).

Cheers mates!

I hope others just also follow the maxim "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" 

I will say that this forum/thread included fantastic people and it was an absolute pleasure to discuss, joke, and argue. The blow of loosing this interaction would be harder if it hadn't been softened by months of inactivity.

The possible end of the forums won't change these great people - and it also won't change those people who actively worked to make this place way worse than it had to be. To those I'll have to keep quiet.

Hot take: the TIE/sa Bomber will always be relevant because each wave's new bomb will always be 1 point undercosted to encourage carpet bombing. Cool to see that bombers are...bombing, instead of the previous role of barrage rockets.

Hotter take: Rush is bad without Automated Target Priority and that same tech makes Avenger the only silencer worth taking Debris Gambit.

Hottest take: Dooku is the best unique Foresight carrier in the game. But why take Foresight when you can take Zam?

On 12/6/2020 at 6:32 PM, gamblertuba said:

But what about all my likes that I've worked so very hard to earn?  What about my post count?  If I can't take them with to the new forum, it's almost like they were a total waste of time...

eIEPXhi.png

Here ya go. Take it with you. Make it your Avatar on the new forums. It will always be with you. Nobody can take away your likes!

On 12/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, gamblertuba said:

You can take them with you. You'll just need to buy a conversion kit, which will unfortunately only have enough components to update your Confused and Sad Emojis. 

5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

if it hadn't been softened by months of inactivity.

5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

It also won't change those people who actively worked to make this place way worse than it had to be

Your months-long maintenance of personal toxicity to multiple individuals on multiple platforms apparently persona-non-grata.