SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 hour ago, Clutterbuck said:

what were the loadouts?  I'm always amazed at some of these lists.  For me, they'd end in a quick fiery inferno.

https://tabletop.to/lima-open-2020-xwing-tournament/lists

Anakin Skywalker Eta-2 Actis (92)
Precognitive Reflexes + Outmaneuver + Autoblasters + R2-A6 + Stealth Device
Obi-Wan Kenobi Eta-2 Actis (92)
Supernatural Reflexes + Lone Wolf + Autoblasters + R7-A7 + Stealth Device

He dropped after Round 5. Which means by sticking it for another round, my SuperKylo Vonreg becomes the best performing Supernat list of the day! Even if I was 19th and thus just out of the cut, largely in part because I punched in the wrong ships in YASB midgame in Round 5 in calculating score and subsequently went to Final Salvo and lost like a knucklehead who could have just CTRL C + CTRL V!

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

Real talk though. Begun, the bid wars has. I just played 2 casual games of dicking around with the ETA and even with Sense the amount of first player choice prerequisite is silly. It feels good to get a Marksmanship R7A7 going to delete stuff, but from an objective standpoint it is just wrong and going to see R7A7 costed according to initiative or Anakin losing the cannon slot. Not a big fan of Stealth Device as you want to always be dodging or just absolutely vaporize even with favorable odds, so for consistent results you need a bid that puts you consistently at full board control.

I do want this to be good. It seems fun:

Anakin Skywalker (ETA-2) (56)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    R7-A7 (3)    

Ship total: 63  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 2    

Shaak Ti (44)    
Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 2    

Jedi General (41)    
    Sense (5)    

Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 2    

Jedi General (41)    
    Sense (5)    

Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 2    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v8ZsZ200Z441XW125W232W364WY438XWWWWY436X75WWWY436X75WWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

That having been said, I do appreciate the unforgiving nature of the craft and what it can do. Low skill floor but high skill ceiling kind of stuff is really interesting in game design and the mind games of what maneuvers could have been dialed based on an Intuitive Controls boost are delightful. It might suck to see an ETA vanish by someone looking at it funny, but it feels deserved based on the tools and board states available to avoid such a catstrophe. Not many ships offer that.

In the defence of the designers, how in the force do you make a fair and balanced in-game representation of space wizards that can see the future?  It's tough.

Unrelated and unspoilery I think.  Have we now discovered that plot armor has been made from Beskar all along?

8 hours ago, MegaSilver said:

It's that cannon slot. 

I literally cannot fathom running Etakin without Autoblasters and R7A7. Almost as important as Sense in the list (preferably twice).

Here's a hot take that I've built from my very few games with the Eta: the bid war for this chassis is a trap. Count to 200 and fully utilize Sense. 

10 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

In the defence of the designers, how in the force do you make a fair and balanced in-game representation of space wizards that can see the future?  It's tough.

Unrelated and unspoilery I think.  Have we now discovered that plot armor has been made from Beskar all along?

I don't think it's the developer's fault - it's the ship everyone playing the game wants.

9 hours ago, MegaSilver said:

It's that cannon slot. 

what?

6 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Is Lone Wolf Zam pilot  + Boba pilot a good list?

Zam seems good all around. I'd put force on her before Lone Wolf, but I have confirmation bias against Lone Wolf. If you could put it on young Boba, I would since he works alone, but alas, he has no talent slot. Boba would likely need some form of force to guarantee being able to take advantage of your defensive pilot ability.

Something I noticed while looking at this, the i2 CIS Firespray costs 64, while the i2 Scum Firespray costs 62. Odd.

6 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Something I noticed while looking at this, the i2 CIS Firespray costs 64, while the i2 Scum Firespray costs 62. Odd.

Boosting Buzz Droids with DFS?

Perhaps there's something horrible that fits into 76pt.

12 minutes ago, Cerebrawl said:

I can think of something for 73...

So he can dodge bombs well, but not the 1 bank + 3 bank combo of a Bombardier TIE/sa using Thermals. I'd also imagine that the Dooku charge is best used for purple and then the occasional ability on Jango.

Just now, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

So he can dodge bombs well, but not the 1 bank + 3 bank combo of a TIE/sa using Thermals. I'd also imagine that the Dooku charge is best used for purple and then the occasional ability on Jango.

Wrong one. The one that was everyone's favorite NPE hate object.

21 minutes ago, Spinland said:

Maybe everybody's busy trying out new Hyperspace lists. 😁

Unironically this, despite being one who personally likes Extended more. Extreme Maneuvers are somehow Hyperspace Legal and oh boy, do they offer the time on target and knife-fighting that was expected!

The fact that the SF is the only chassis for FO that has generics legal is also really cool. The Static + Gideon combo was always decent, but it had a massive opportunity cost because you weren't taking the generics + swarm buff shuttle of choice. With no generic TIE/FO's to worry about on your end or the opponents, the triple crit combo could mean something.