SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

RZ-2s look like they got triple ****ed.

• Many pilots +1.
  • Heroic +1 for agility 3 only.
  • Advanced Optics +1.

I don't know what I think about that.

They also got 2pt thread tracers. They'll have to change their loadouts and point their arcs forward slightly more frequently, but for potentially greater efficacy, especially if they opt for a couple clusters or concussions. 

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

RZ-2s look like they got triple ****ed.

• Many pilots +1.
  • Heroic +1 for agility 3 only.
  • Advanced Optics +1.

I don't know what I think about that.

They'll need to adjust strategy. 2 point Thread Tracers and 2 point Ion Missiles open up the diversity, and 5 point Prockets were already good at 6 points. Also, the majority of the rest of the faction dropped in price, making many other build that incorporate more than just a single chassis viable. 

2 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

They have all the limited pilots for /ln and reaper, no generics. Everything else is generic. 

Yeah, but I guess my point is that any ship where the pilots could reasonably be called "aces" has only generic pilots.

Didn't Aces get defined a few pages back?  Someone should scroll up and check.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Yeah, but I guess my point is that any ship where the pilots could reasonably be called "aces" has only generic pilots.

I kinda thought that they didn’t really have aces in hyperspace before, you just can’t pretend now. Duchess, Vader with no afterburners, Maarek? Mauler Mithel? Vermeil?

2 hours ago, AEIllingworth said:

Defenders seem like they may be hyperspace warping

Anyhow, does the Delta nerf put a fork in all of the "Defenders should be under 66 points but two ** limited" discussions?  Seems kinda hard to make that case if FFG/AMG think the Defender should be more expensive.

6 hours ago, AEIllingworth said:

image.thumb.jpeg.afc6091c592ba0e012ce081648fedf54.jpeg

Hello Pred Old T. I wish there was something in HS worth putting in that new slot. But it's good to have you back.

Normally not keen on force aces, but these new fellas prolly want them green tokens.

Also. 2 Inqs with Tracers, 4 Alpha's. TT hits, Ints get locks? Seems fun.

15 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

So, am I weird for guessing Zam would've been somewhere in the 10ish range instead of 4 because, like, free locks and/or bonus attacks are pretty good?

I noticed that the trend for this most recent burst of upgrades has been 'shockingly good value.' It seems like the effort is to move the game towards more interactive pieces, rather than raw stats. Points aren't actually an objective reflection of how good stuff is, its a reflection of what the game is meant to be about, and Scum is apparently going to be 'about' Zam for a bit, which I don't mind, because Zam does what I think scum should have been doing all along: Giving players an entire extra dimension of your opponent's planning to track.

I think Zam is a good 'have your cake and eat it too' upgrade, as playing against her rewards excellent play but she feels wild and exotic for the beer and pretzels type.

Edited by dezzmont

3 minutes ago, dezzmont said:

I noticed that the trend for this most recent burst of upgrades has been 'shockingly good value.' It seems like the effort is to move the game towards more interactive pieces, rather than raw stats. Points aren't actually an objective reflection of how good stuff is, its a reflection of what the game is meant to be about, and Scum is apparently going to be 'about' Zam for a bit, which I don't mind, because Zam does what I think scum should have been doing all along: Giving players an entire extra dimension of your opponent's planning to track.

But Zam is in 2 factions...and can surf a frisbee

23 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

But Zam is in 2 factions...and can surf a frisbee

Sure, but I think CIS has better stuff going for it than doing weird stuff with Zam, and they don't have an ideal ship for her anyway, as Zam wants a strong gun and strong coverage. Obviously she can fly shotgun in the Firespray but then you are competing with scum Firespray lists and despite the crew nerf to Boba I thiiiiiiink that is better just due to the quality of wingmen you can bring. 

Of course there is the chance CIS also becomes very 'about' Zam, but that isn't too bad a reality either in my eyes.

Edited by dezzmont

On 11/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, theBitterFig said:

I hid the definition, broken up non sequentially among my old posts. You can go look :)