Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Today, we find out if there is a convincing enough argument against slapping Dooku to Jango and calling it a day, especially when shooting at Jedi and Dooku'ing a focus.

Do you Dooku a blank or a focus? 

I think for red dice, you Dooku a blank, as focus and blank result have an equal chance of showing up at 25%, allowing you to fairly often change two of the results to blanks. On defense, blanks are more common at 37.5% while focus results are still 25%, so you might want to call the focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Today, we find out if there is a convincing enough argument against slapping Dooku to Jango and calling it a day, especially when shooting at Jedi and Dooku'ing a focus.

No no no no...(hopefully) today we get Heralds of Hope points and RZ-2s regain their rightful place of people being mad at something.

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

What do we find out today?

CIS Firespray article, presumeably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Do you Dooku a blank or a focus? 

I think for red dice, you Dooku a blank, as focus and blank result have an equal chance of showing up at 25%, allowing you to fairly often change two of the results to blanks. On defense, blanks are more common at 37.5% while focus results are still 25%, so you might want to call the focus.

I said when shooting at Jedi :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a Facebook post by FFG that vaguely talked about Jango's Firespray. Don't get angry! The move was ultra thematic! Dooku hires Jango to hire Zam to assassinate Padmé. Continuing the theme of 2 degrees of separation for a task, FFG Facebook teases at an FFG article that teases for the Firespray!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, gennataos said:

No no no no...(hopefully) today we get Heralds of Hope points and RZ-2s regain their rightful place of people being mad at something.

CIS Firespray article, presumeably.

Starbird Slash is 1 point.   There is no justice on the world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my dear buds runs 5A. He takes the 2 I1 option. Big question I guess I'll be facing, does Slash on those 2 become the better option over Heroic?

I mean, I don't know if getting strained by them will make me madder than having my joy at a green dice blank out taken away every other turn.

It might.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Starbird Slash is 1 point.   There is no justice on the world.  

Yeah. Even as a RZ-2 fan, that pricing doesn’t sit well with me. Hopefully we’ll see some sort of variable pricing structure for different chassis down the line for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

...new Poe is 65...does somebody at FFG just not like Poe or am I weird to think that's a fair bit high?

I've no idea, but I had this idealistic thought when he was spoiled that he'll be better if you do the tactical brain work thing. Theeeeme.

But maybe he should cost even less because that stuff is hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

I1 TIE Heavy being the same cost as the I1 HMP is weird to me.  I was expecting 2ish pts less.  Maybe the Nantex ruined it for everyone and they just didn't want 6 in a list.

Just due to raw health and board geometry, I don't think 8 health medium base was going to be a 6-per-list ship.

But I was expecting Maneuver Assist to be deliberately under-priced since 34 looks sort of on-paper over-priced for the ship, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Just due to raw health and board geometry, I don't think 8 health medium base was going to be a 6-per-list ship.

But I was expecting Maneuver Assist to be deliberately under-priced since 34 looks sort of on-paper over-priced for the ship, so...

Is 5x RBs with Synced Cannons playable?  I mean, it's basically 5X, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Is 5x RBs with Synced Cannons playable?  I mean, it's basically 5X, right?

Playable? Yes. Competitive? I have doubts. It's more like 5x missile SFs, which are probably Tier 2-3, and I reckon these things will be worse overall (you're i1, will get chewed up by crits. your medium bases are going to be really easy to focus down, and you have to make a call on your turret really early).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DR4CO said:

Playable? Yes. Competitive? I have doubts. It's more like 5x missile SFs, which are probably Tier 2-3, and I reckon these things will be worse overall (you're i1, will get chewed up by crits. your medium bases are going to be really easy to focus down, and you have to make a call on your turret really early).

 

It does have reinforce, so there's that.  Could also rotate + calc instead of K-turning and just kite.  Hmmm...I want to see it on the table.  I'm interested but not convinced....which, in retrospect is a great line for many squadron builds.

Edited by MasterShake2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...