2 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

I uh

I did not know that not being angry about the game made me an anti-semite 

this place is weird, have fun doing whatever it is you're doing here I guess 

nevermind

Edited by Flurpy

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

As a father of young children, I am very familiar with the approach  :D

Which, upon reaching teen years, morphs into sullen silences punctuated by bouts of rage. Heh. Sitting smugly because all my spawn are now grown and moved away. 😎

What will be the next best thing once Nantex are nerfed in November? Obviously there will be other point changes that makes this question speculative and probably irrelevant, but I can't help but wonder.

Will ps 6 come back? Or we'll keep the current trend of heavy ps 5 presence? Will Malarus Swarms be better than old howlrunners? Will Resistance finally have its moment under the sun?

2 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

I uh

I did not know that not being angry about the game made me an anti-semite 

this place is weird, have fun doing whatever it is you're doing here I guess 

See, this answer is the best thing you could have said to prove Flurpy's point, which was never about anti-semitism :lol:

2 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What will be the next best thing once Nantex are nerfed in November? Obviously there will be other point changes that makes this question speculative and probably irrelevant, but I can't help but wonder.

Will ps 6 come back? Or we'll keep the current trend of heavy ps 5 presence? Will Malarus Swarms be better than old howlrunners? Will Resistance finally have its moment under the sun?

See, this answer is the best thing you could have said to prove Flurpy's point, which was never about anti-semitism :lol:

Never believe that Nantex Players are completely unaware of the absurdity of their lists. They know that their lists are broken, open to nerfs. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their Rebel-Playing Friend who is obliged to use ships responsibly, since he believes in jousting. The Nantex Players have the right to play. They even like to play with NPEs for, by playing ridiculous ships, they discredit the seriousness of their opponents. They delight in playing NPEs, since they seek not to win by playing well but to intimidate and 200-0 local casual players. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that Spamtex is wholesome.

Sartre played x-wing, right?

/s

Edited by Npmartian

8 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Watching you and @Chumbalaya **** off each other and move goalposts all over the place reminds me of this beautiful Sartre quote

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

You're just *****. Straight and simple. 

Hey there my dude. Don't know if you got lost, but this is a forum to talk about toy spaceships and you're in the biggest shoot posting thread.

You should expect to see jokes, laughs, larks, irony, shoot posts, and general faffing about.

You should never expect to see any serious posts (they're purely accidental), you should assume we're all idiots (except bio), and you should remember that chumby and chris are the two people to escape 4chan without somehow ending up virulently racist.

Anyways, while I'm here. @Chumbalaya what chapter of Le Camp des Saints were we supposed to read up to?

Edited by jagsba

5 minutes ago, jagsba said:

You should never expect to see any serious posts

Do you remember the days when this thread was the only place with serious xwing discussion? Because I do. It was the place with the best xwing discussions on the web. Fun, but definitely what you call "serious"

Why do resistance players hate the Fireball?

It's certainly not as bad as its pick rate. And even if it is in fact a little "bad", it's less popular than plenty of other "bad" but cool stuff, and Fireballs are cool. Generic Fireballs are basically good RZ1s, easily the coolest ship in the Resistance faction, and they're dirt cheap. Why's nobody at all play them?

15 minutes ago, svelok said:

Why do resistance players hate the Fireball?

It's certainly not as bad as its pick rate. And even if it is in fact a little "bad", it's less popular than plenty of other "bad" but cool stuff, and Fireballs are cool. Generic Fireballs are basically good RZ1s, easily the coolest ship in the Resistance faction, and they're dirt cheap. Why's nobody at all play them?

RZ2s are better RZ1s than Fireballs though, and there are approximately 704 RZ2 pilots to choose from. And if you are looking for ship cheaper than an A-Wing, you take Finn or Rose. I don't think Resistance hates Fireballs, but rather that most Fireballs have their role better filled by other ships/pilots.

It's kind of like the Scum Z95, which competes with the M3A, TIE, Tug, and Escape Craft for relevance.  

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

RZ2s are better RZ1s than Fireballs though, and there are approximately 704 RZ2 pilots to choose from. And if you are looking for ship cheaper than an A-Wing, you take Finn or Rose. I don't think Resistance hates Fireballs, but rather that most Fireballs have their role better filled by other ships/pilots.

It's kind of like the Scum Z95, which competes with the M3A, TIE, Tug, and Escape Craft for relevance.  

Kaz is pretty good though, probably not in this meta when everything else is at 4 or 5 to chase nantex, i'm a little suprised i haven't seen much jaeger slot in, but again, the rz2s are numerous and useful

@Chumbalaya I still love X-Wing. Though I've become far more zen about it considering how all the big events are proxies and FFG ****** costing up so hard that it is comically predictable as to a certain faction's cut rate and which list will win. Here's to hoping that that one time where they had to drop by and tell us to stop the collective dumpster fire they took a look as to what the dumpster fire was about. That being said, I'll take part in Ryloth if not for the lack of events available/I can make.

Was Grinching about X-Wing really a form of expressing love for its original concept, such that when X-Wing was allowed to perish to the most unprecedented costing cock-up that said inner love for what X-Wing was supposed to be expressed itself in an embrace of the wholesomeness that is Squadrons? I wouldn't know, haven't played it myself.

7b60nf4dtyo51.jpg

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

38 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Do you remember the days when this thread was the only place with serious xwing discussion? Because I do. It was the place with the best xwing discussions on the web. Fun, but definitely what you call "serious"

That was when we played X-Wing.  Since a large number of the major posters in this thread don't care about online X-Wing events, they aren't exactly taking it seriously.  When we get back to playing X-Wing IRL again, I at least plan on being more serious and useful to the community.  Otherwise, I'm just in a holding pattern.

1 minute ago, pheaver said:

That was when we played X-Wing.  Since a large number of the major posters in this thread don't care about online X-Wing events, they aren't exactly taking it seriously.  When we get back to playing X-Wing IRL again, I at least plan on being more serious and useful to the community.  Otherwise, I'm just in a holding pattern.

Paul would you say you're standing back and standing by? 

3 minutes ago, pheaver said:

Same team.  

7 minutes ago, pheaver said:

Ok. I would expect someone who does not care to stay away instead of laughing at those who try to keep that thread going. Or, you know, instead of joking about alt-right books and rhetoric.

I know I played squadrons instead of watching Crait. Just like I played Sc2 instead of the less interesting meta and while events were rarer between 09/2019 and 01/2020.

e: i get that there might be a feeling of ownership towards this thread. But there's the krayt discord. I don't see why anyone would try to derail a somewhat serious discussion here. But I'm out again, the past 2 weeks have been wonderful.

Edited by GreenDragoon

7 minutes ago, pheaver said:

i'll hold your pattern.... 

Um, I am actually playing live X Wing, (resumed but reduced, masked and distanced). And Squadrons. And posting on both topics. All 3 occupy different time slots for me, I struggle to see how they would become mutually exclusive.

I dislike playing online X Wing, so I don't, but that doesn't make it irrelevant to me. I hope Nantex get a nerf, but I expect their current dominance will be irrelevant to me. I am interested in the meta they have created, because that probably will be relevant to me.

I'm not mad at all. 

Well, a little bit, but not in that sense. 

My favourite flagship system to target is all of them at once, as I yolo in spamming proton bombs and die in a blaze of hopeless glory.

I think that's everything.