SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

8 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

Would it be worth grabbing ATP for 1 point? More free mods isn't a bad thing, but the restriction might be meh.

Worth trying.

I'm of the opinion as many folks should put ATP on as many things as possible, at least for a little while.  It's the kind of thing that needs to get "felt out."  How often are you able to claim the tokens?  How much does it suck to have the targeting restriction?  Is it fine?  Does it lead to inconvenient turns?  That can't be learned except on the table.

For Finn and Rose, it seems particularly nice, since they both can leverage that token well, but also because keeping these pods as cheap as possible, and that's something which just seems wise.

Edited by theBitterFig

On 9/26/2020 at 6:23 PM, Boom Owl said:

If you had to pick one hyperspace list to play on game night from each faction right now what would it be? 

• First Order: Holo PT + France + Hask T-Rex + Rivas + Ep 
  • Rebels: Han + Luke + RZ1A + RZ1A 
  • Empire: Vader + Duchess + Baron + Baron + Baron 
  • Separatists: Maul Title + Grievous + Nantex + Nantex + Nantex 
  • Resistance: Poe R4 Overdrive Thrusters + Bastian + Rose + Colossus + Colossus 
  • Republic: Obi + Plo + Arc-170 + Dedicated Clone + Dedicated Clone 
  • Scum: Fenn + Cookie + Bossk + Lando + Syck 

Haven't "officially" joined in this thought experiment because I have zero background (and ships/cards) in four of the seven factions. Still, why not? I'll take a n00b-level stab.

• First Order: Something with Kylo, maybe 3 aces or him leading a swarm.
  • Rebels: Leia and a pair of double-tap Bs
  • Empire: Vader and Ties
  • Separatists: HMPs
  • Resistance: Rose, Kaz, couple of Hullroic Xs
  • Republic: Obi and friends
  • Scum: BobaDen, or maybe Scyks & Skulls. I'd prefer Guri and Fangs but that isn't HS.

• First Order: Holo, Hask, and four Eps
  • Rebels: Dutch, Braylen, Ten, Arvel
  • Empire: TIE Brute when
  • Separatists: 4xHMP or HMP plus something 
  • Resistance: Rose, Kaz, 3 As
  • Republic: Warthog + ordnance V-19s
  • Scum: Gosh idk

didnt see the hyperspace piece so...cross checking this. 

Edited by dsul413

13 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Worth trying.

I'm of the opinion as many folks should put ATP on as many things as possible, at least for a little while.  It's the kind of thing that needs to get "felt out."  How often are you able to claim the tokens?  How much does it suck to have the targeting restriction?  Is it fine?  Does it lead to inconvenient turns?  That can't be learned except on the table.

For Finn and Rose, it seems particularly nice, since they both can leverage that token well, but also because keeping these pods as cheap as possible, and that's something which just seems wise.

I'm going to put ATP on my quadjumpers, it seems like a perfect match.

Reasoning: While approaching you will have 1 round of shooting before you can move in to tractor, they're simply not fast enough to tractor on the first engage unless you use cloaking device for the 2 forward uncloak move. That first round of shooting you're at r2-3 and unlikely to hit with your quadjumper(especially since you want to use your focus for defense if you get shot at). Save a token on the ATP. Then next round when it's tractor time you normally wouldn't have mods, but now you can pull a mod from ATP!

Edited by Cerebrawl

Guys. 

When in the history of ever has 3 (THREE) out of the top 5 (FIVE) metawing pilots been Resistance?!?!

I see:

1. P.Arena Ace

2. Zizi

3. Tali

4. Rey

5. ...some FO red tie thingy...

5 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Guys. 

When in the history of ever has 3 (THREE) out of the top 5 (FIVE) metawing pilots been Resistance?!?!

I see:

1. P.Arena Ace

2. Zizi

3. Tali

4. Rey

5. ...some FO red tie thingy...

Where are you seeing that? Meta-Wing? This is GSP1-3 ignoring any kind of performance weighting I 🤔

GSP #1-#3    
Ships % of Field Lists
Zizi 9% 46
Petranaki Ace 8% 42
Vader 7% 38
Rey 7% 37
Boba Fett 6% 33
Kylo 6% 32
Wedge 6% 32
Fenn Rau 5% 28
Holo 4% 21
Obi 4% 20
Soontir 4% 20
Luke 4% 19
Dash 3% 18
Trade Federation Drone 3% 18
Dengar 3% 16
Grand Inq 3% 16
Epsilon Squadron Cadet 3% 15
Plo 3% 15
Cova Nell 3% 14
First Order Provocateur 3% 13
Guri 3% 13
Vonreg 3% 13
Han Solo 2% 12
Edited by Boom Owl

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Where are you seeing that? Meta-Wing? This is GSP1-3 ignoring any kind of performance weighting I 🤔

GSP #1-#3    
Ships % of Field Lists
Zizi 9% 46
Petranaki Ace 8% 42
Vader 7% 38
Rey 7% 37
Boba Fett 6% 33
Kylo 6% 32
Wedge 6% 32
Fenn Rau 5% 28
Holo 4% 21
Obi 4% 20
Soontir 4% 20
Luke 4% 19
Dash 3% 18
Trade Federation Drone 3% 18
Dengar 3% 16
Grand Inq 3% 16
Epsilon Squadron Cadet 3% 15
Plo 3% 15
Cova Nell 3% 14
First Order Provocateur 3% 13
Guri 3% 13
Vonreg 3% 13
Han Solo 2% 12

https://meta.listfortress.com/pilots?

Yep. Bow down to our resistance overlords i guess? Or just play hyperspace. It's a good fort.

In our extended BOTS invitational yesterday, the players voted 15-1 to ban the Nantex chassis. In this glimpse of a significantly more wholesome meta on a smaller scale, it definitely seems to be a swarm meta. I'll make a listfortress entry for it, although spoilers, Sloane Agressors won. Congrats to Bohan!

20 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Official Wave 7 Carolina Krayts X-Wing Thread Casual Night Hyperspace Meta:

Usually when a new wave releases I have a ton of fun going to a local store and testing everything across all factions. This should capture some of that energy :). Looks like a cool game fun time set of lists to play with or play against. 

Man i really wanna get some more games in again, i'm so glad i have my occasional kitchen table games right now. I totally forgot when i listed imps that the handsome ben doyle talked me into a cool deci+swarm list

Edited by catachanninja

18 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I have the same opinion. I have yet to be able to assess whether this upgrade is good or bad. Most of the matches with ATP that I have seen, the closest ship would have been what was shot at anyway. I have also yet to see a zombie ship scenario either, although I know they will pop up. Currently I think 1 point seems right, as I have neither been impressed or disappointed by them.

27 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I have the same opinion. I have yet to be able to assess whether this upgrade is good or bad. Most of the matches with ATP that I have seen, the closest ship would have been what was shot at anyway. I have also yet to see a zombie ship scenario either, although I know they will pop up. Currently I think 1 point seems right, as I have neither been impressed or disappointed by them.

I played four SJEs with ATP a couple of days ago, and squeaked out a close win.  (I have never done well with four SJEs, for what it's worth.)

I only collected two Calculates throughout the game, but both Calculates let to an additional damage being scored, so I felt like the 4 points was easily a good investment.

I never had to fire on a ship I wouldn't have chosen to fire on anyway.

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I played four SJEs with ATP a couple of days ago, and squeaked out a close win.  (I have never done well with four SJEs, for what it's worth.)

I only collected two Calculates throughout the game, but both Calculates let to an additional damage being scored, so I felt like the 4 points was easily a good investment.

I never had to fire on a ship I wouldn't have chosen to fire on anyway.

What was your opponent playing?

I think a big factor in the effectiveness of atp will be the number of ships your opponent has and the mobility of those ships.

19 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

What was your opponent playing?

I think a big factor in the effectiveness of atp will be the number of ships your opponent has and the mobility of those ships.

Double-tap Cobalt, Nien, Ello.  The Cobalt and Nien builds were good, the Ello less so.

I love APT! It is my fave upgrade in the game, creates such highpoint moments, and they really add a ton of consistency to your attacks!

Dezzmont's super rad and meta APT list

"Dutch" Vander
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes     
Garven Dreis (X-Wing)    
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes  
    Servomotor S-Foils      
Wedge Antilles
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes   
    Servomotor S-Foils   
Jake Farrell   
    Homing Missiles 

🤔 Bit weird everyone is just now noticing how cool the APT is all the sudden though...

Edited by dezzmont

14 minutes ago, dezzmont said:

I love APT! It is my fave upgrade in the game, creates such highpoint moments, and they really add a ton of consistency to your attacks!

Dezzmont's super rad and meta APT list

"Dutch" Vander
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes     
Garven Dreis (X-Wing)    
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes  
    Servomotor S-Foils      
Wedge Antilles
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes   
    Servomotor S-Foils   
Jake Farrell   
    Homing Missiles 

🤔 Bit weird everyone is just now noticing how cool the APT is all the sudden though...

APT is the best ATP. 

13 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

APT is the best ATP. 

Not going to lie, I had a massive dyslexic moment month and thought this whole time it was the same initialism for both because letters are just dumb squiggles that refuse to behave.

Guess that 'clever joke' wasn't so clever! Which is a shame because I intended to bust it out once I started playing games in the meat again, saying I was running a rebel ATP list to really confuse some people.

Edited by dezzmont

4 hours ago, dezzmont said:

Not going to lie, I had a massive dyslexic moment month and thought this whole time it was the same initialism for both because letters are just dumb squiggles that refuse to behave.

Guess that 'clever joke' wasn't so clever! Which is a shame because I intended to bust it out once I started playing games in the meat again, saying I was running a rebel ATP list to really confuse some people.

Petition to change the shortening to "protocol " for our dyslexic friends?

random thought experiment
- is the Academy Pilot good?
- if no, is there any price at which it is good?
- what is that price?
- SHOULD the Academy Pilot ever be good?
note I'm speaking about the academy pilot itself, not balancing it around Howlrunner or Palpatine or Sloane or some other force multiplier, imagine we're trying to put it into lists where there's no abilities to make the Academy better (i.e. Vader/Duchess/4TIE or something)

@Kyle Ren;

Your question is close to correct. 

The question is:

6 minutes ago, Kyle Ren said:

random thought experiment
- is the OBSIDIAN Pilot good?
- if no, is there any price at which it is good?
- what is that price?
- SHOULD the OBSIDIAN Squadron Pilot ever be good?
note I'm speaking about the pilot itself, not balancing it around Howlrunner or Palpatine or Sloane or some other force multiplier, imagine we're trying to put it into lists where there's no abilities to make the OBSIDIAN better (i.e. Vader/Duchess/4TIE or something)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzKpS1csmh3SXOYJZw1Ka

Edited by Bucknife