SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 minutes ago, Timathius said:

We did? 

Not you personally, but yes the most common feedback I heard about worlds was "It's great but registration is a mess, why not make it a lottery".

Turns out people don't know what they want, apparently.  I think most people will still get in, and people just checked every game when they were registering because there was no cost.  Bad system replaced with a worse one.

4 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Not you personally, but yes the most common feedback I heard about worlds was "It's great but registration is a mess, why not make it a lottery".

Turns out people don't know what they want, apparently.  I think most people will still get in, and people just checked every game when they were registering because there was no cost.  Bad system replaced with a worse one.

People know full well what they want, they want a "fair" RNG that ensures everyone they care about wins. That shouldn't be that hard, right? It doesn't "feel" random when so many people don't get it and you don't hear about the randos that did (or don't care). :D

I was pretty certain the silence was caused by the very crushing no-win tournament my son had to go through. His first time in 2+ years of playing that he doesn't beat at least one grown up, that stings!

6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Turns out people don't know what they want, apparently

GASP! How can this be true!? Clearly the masses must know what they need!

• People ask for a munitions fix - they get it.
  • People ask for a good turret - they get it
  • People ask for a lottery - they get it

FFG needs to stop listening to "people."

12 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I would be super curious to know how many people submitted a request for a ticket just as a measure of how popular the competitive game has become. Im still amazed that the tournament scene is this large.

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

Nah, just been out of town since like Thursday.  Haven't had time to do much catching up, nothing too exciting :)

Recipe for an episode this week: Just record yourself in a car, driving for two to three hours, with Zack on the phone with a bad connection. 

11 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

Recipe for an episode this week: Just record yourself in a car, driving for two to three hours, with Zack on the phone with a bad connection. 

How would the listeners feel about a phone call where im on a motorcycle and using a Bluetooth headset tucked under my helmet?