SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

I recommend a 100% increase in the # of GIFs per page in this thread until morale improves. 

b1c6af6f9d915e98792dafdbe35f611a.gif

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Cannons aren't "crowding out" torps. Low init locks and the price of torps are...

gif

3 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

I’m working on my X-Wing campaign right now, going to publish it as physical rules, a downloadable pdf, and a tts module. If it’s popular I’ll make more... hopefully that’s some good news at least, it’s kinda something good that I’ve been taking joy in in X-Wing lately 

anigif_sub-buzz-16645-1549912164-7.gif?o

3 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Disregard. Misread.

QlOFSZx.gif?noredirect

2 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

I’d argue it’s a combination of old tractor rules bolted onto an easily movable rotating turret arc. 

edit: oh we’ve already moved on. Feel free to ignore. Or burn down my hot take, Dwywm.

tumblr_inline_n00bb6Rg7y1rgzq2t.gif

2 hours ago, svelok said:

i am close to the most confused I've ever been on this website and it happened extremely quickly

cannons compete with torpedoes? people are mad at scyks? cannons make non-scyk ships more interesting? its not a good thing that ffg made tractoring things bad? x-wing should only go up to 50 points? b-wing sfoils aren't strong enough? 

help me, chart cartoon

tenor.gif?itemid=13471570

But yeah...

FreshHelpfulAmericanalligator-size_restr

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

when nothing matters people care a lot more about fun I guess, I sure can't explain any of it any other way

tenor.gif?itemid=14522757

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Scyks (kinda), what do scum that’s not straight meta?  Gimme something new with this list of ships to pummel Warfaire Weekend champ @Three Eye Joe in a nice, casual game.  Where he cries afterwards.

1 Firespray
1 jumpmaster
4 fangs
4 scyks

ps - Or it might be Smittle.  No one knows the difference. 

Edited by gennataos

26 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Speaking of Scyks (kinda), what do scum that’s not straight meta?  Gimme something new with this list of ships to pummel Warfaire Weekend champ @Three Eye Joe in a nice, casual game.  Where he cries afterwards.

1 Firespray
1 jumpmaster
4 fangs
4 scyks

Dengar for PTSD and 4 cannon Scyks.

I finally tried hyperspace nantex. Has anyone else even given it a go? 4x i3 with gravity deflectors, the vulture that manaroos a calculate, and one basic vulture. It went well enough that I could see myself picking up more nantex if new points aren’t unkind to them. 

Gravitic seems to have the crack shot effect, the more you have the better it gets. Nantex move so weird, they can just always stay in the scrum. There seems to a trend toward medium and big bases maybe, so the bullseye gun is good and fun and cool. It’s a shame ensnare and offensive tractors are a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

1 Firespray
1 jumpmaster
4 fangs
4 scyks

• Kath Scarlet
  • Tansarii Point Veteran + Intimidation (x4)

2 hours ago, gennataos said:

1 Firespray
1 jumpmaster
4 fangs
4 scyks

Genesis Red (31)    
    Tractor Beam (3)    

Ship total: 34  Half Points: 17  Threshold: 2    

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)    
    Fearless (3)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 2    

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)    
    Fearless (3)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 2    

Cartel Spacer (25)    
    Ion Cannon (6)    

Ship total: 31  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

Cartel Spacer (25)    
    Ion Cannon (6)    

Ship total: 31  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

Total: 196

7 hours ago, gennataos said:

1 Firespray
1 jumpmaster
4 fangs
4 scyks

Borrow the idea from @DoubleDown11 and combine a firespray, dengar and a cheap scyk

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

Borrow the idea from @DoubleDown11 and combine a firespray, dengar and a cheap scyk

Didn’t Enno do Boba/Dengar/G4R-GOR?  Boba might be a little more meta than I wanna go for today (crying isn’t not really a requirement), but I’m interested in the others. 

Two Fearless Skulls, plus Kath loaded to the gills.  The goal is to do Range 1 rather than Range 0, but Fangs usually wind up bumping in the scrum anyhow.  Alternately, Maul Kath + 2 Zealous Recruits + a Spacer has 9 points for choice of cannon and extra upgrades on Kath.  I feel like the best Kath strategy is to just run good ships with her, and treat her ability almost as a perk.

//

Also, even a generic Firespray with Maul is solid.  It's just an extra big RZ-2.

200.gif

One of those plus a Jumpmaster (Dengar or Nom Nom), filled out with basically any combination of I1 Scyks and Fangs.  Maul Bounty + 2 Recruit + Nom fits (tight on upgrades tho).  Seems like it'd be a nice little squad.

Heck, there's even a Maul bounty + Dengar + Fenn list that fits...

p.s. @Boom Owl said "More GIFs" last page, and I'm not seeing more gifs, people.

Screenshot_20200703-113708_Chrome.jpg

"While an enemy ship in your bullseye performs an attack, if the defender is friendly [aces high / etc insurance] and at range 0-2, the defender may change 1 blank result to a focus result."

Public Service Announcement that this ability doesn't specify defense dice and therefore allows me to convert the enemy's red blanks to focuses, thereby allowing me to tell resistance players to get absolutely ****** when they shout heroic and go to scoop up all their blank red dice

9 minutes ago, svelok said:

Screenshot_20200703-113708_Chrome.jpg

"While an enemy ship in your bullseye performs an attack, if the defender is friendly [aces high / etc insurance] and at range 0-2, the defender may change 1 blank result to a focus result."

Public Service Announcement that this ability doesn't specify defense dice and therefore allows me to convert the enemy's red blanks to focuses, thereby allowing me to tell resistance players to get absolutely ****** when they shout heroic and go to scoop up all their blank red dice

How certain are you that "the defender may..." doesn't restrict it to defense dice?

16 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

How certain are you that "the defender may..." doesn't restrict it to defense dice?

Luminara doesn't state which die she is changing. Just the results themselves in that case make it clear that its the attack dice. 

blank to focus being ambiguous since both dice have that result is the problem. 100% SHOULDN'T work and I think any TO would be able to recognize that and rule accordingly until a FAQ is released. That said, I'm pretty sure RAW it does. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 6:10 PM, Managarmr said:

All the Scyk bashing. For one list flown by an absolutely amazing pilot. The damage dealers in the lists are the Fangs. Which went down in points last update, whole 3 points.

Funfact:

For all the love that player got, there was another who made cut in every space jam flying more Sycks (with a couple mining guild ties)

giphy.gif

Edited by Smikies02

7 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

The answers are amazing: a maulless Boba soloing 4+ xwing is crazy like Han soloing 3 with at most 10 points of upgrade

Han with R2D2's regen probably could handle 3 a decent amount of the time, but you'd have to be good. Boba with Slave 1, Fearless, and 0-0-0 could reliably take 3 X's, but 4 is probably pushing it.

It doesn't say anything about the current board state, so I guess it's assuming from the beginning of a game?  And with infinite time?  So, not a real game situation?

22 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

The answers are amazing: a maulless Boba soloing 4+ xwing is crazy like Han soloing 3 with at most 10 points of upgrade

I find some of the answers pretty comical.

8 minutes ago, gennataos said:

It doesn't say anything about the current board state, so I guess it's assuming from the beginning of a game?  And with infinite time?  So, not a real game situation?

We debated putting infinite time or 75 min clarification in but in the end decided against it. Still interesting to see everyones responses.

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

We debated putting infinite time or 75 min clarification in but in the end decided against it. Still interesting to see everyones responses.

Just saw the original thread.  It is interesting.  When I see stuff like that, I wonder who is voting for what and if they read the full thing.