• YV666
  • ARC-170 All 
  • Decimator (With minimal Upgrades) 
  • Lambda
  • U-Wing (Not UUUU though) 
  • Dare Devil 
  • Phantoms
  • Star-Vipers 
  • Star-Fortress (Except when Bombs are "good") 
  • Wedge

Turret ships that are kinda dumb: 

• Firespray ( Just Boba ) 
  • RZ2
  • Kwing (Maybe not though)
  • Jumpmaster 
  • Ensnaretex (Except without Ensnare)
  • Auzitrucks 
  • Sheathipede
  • Scrugg (Except when Bombs are "bad") 
  • Resistance Transport
  • Defenders 
  • YT-2400
  • Supernatural/Advanced Sensors/Precog Aces 
Edited by Boom Owl

9 hours ago, svelok said:

jCT49De.png

I don't think he counts Guri as a Starviper in that case.

Echo is wholesome fight me.

No idea where he's at on Whisper though (token-stacking-I5-pre-maneuver-repositioning-post-maneuver-repositioning-etc seems unlike him but who knows)

39 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I don't think he counts Guri as a Starviper in that case.

Echo is wholesome fight me.

No idea where he's at on Whisper though

The list was a meme (see wedge). But for clarity I really genuinely enjoy Guri without Adv Sensors and Whisper without Force Charges. They are neat. 

10 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

The list was a meme (see wedge). But for clarity I really genuinely enjoy Guri without Adv Sensors and Whisper without Force Charges and Passive Sensors. They are neat. 

Fixed without your permission!

I unapologetically love RZ-2 A-Wings.

12 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

The list was a meme (see wedge). But for clarity I really genuinely enjoy Guri without Adv Sensors and Whisper without Force Charges. They are neat. 

To be fair, both of those are doable (delete slots)

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Depending on if/how they're implemented I think Turret Mines will raise the most ****.

So there's a payload upgrade that lets you drop a proton-bomb sized token, the token is a remote with i0, agi 3, and hull 1. The token has a 1-die attack with range 1-2 (not ordnance, so it's 2-die at range 1) that it makes at a target of your choosing on initiative 0, no arc requirement and no dice mods for the remote, and it never moves once it's dropped. How much do you pay for this upgrade? What if the upgrade gives you 2 charges (i.e. 2 turrets)?

Edited by DoubleDown11

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

So there's an upgrade that lets you drop a proton-bomb sized token, the token is a remote with i0, agi 3, and hull 1. The token has a 1-die attack with range 1-2 (not ordnance, so it's 2-die at range 1) that it makes at a target of your choosing on initiative 0, no arc requirement and no dice mods for the remote. How much do you pay for this upgrade? What if the upgrade gives you 2 charges (i.e. 2 turrets)?

6-8 for the first (if non-recoverable). 8-10 for the 2 charge (if not recoverable) or a single recoverable charge. 12 for the 2 charge if the charges are recoverable. While it can be shot and only has 1 hp, it does provide an 11 base diameter area of threat, if I'm recalling the relation of the r1+r2 range brackets' combined size and the 5 straight and the size of the proton bomb template relative to a small base, per deployed device that has to be taken into account by the opponent in addition to obstacles and enemy maneuvers & arcs. I think people will raise **** over them worse than the initial screaming about Electro-Proton bombs and Diamond Boron missiles, if they're ever implemented.

Edited by Hiemfire

On 6/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, Hiemfire said:

While it can be shot and only has 1 hp, it does provide an 11 base diameter area of threat...

Well.... "Threat"

I mean, the 1-2 unmodded is against the target's agility. 

Prox mines do auto damage plus dice against no agility for what, 8 points? 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Well.... "Threat"

I mean, the 1-2 unmodded is against the target's agility. 

Prox mines do auto damage plus dice against no agility for what, 8 points? 

Place a proton bomb template, now put a 5 straight flush narrow side on one of the edges of the proton bomb. Get within that range and you're being shot at. It doesn't have to be guranteed damage to piss some off, and 8 was the high end of single non-recoverable charge. Once you're able to lay more you are looking at covering the table in overlapping single die attacks vs opponents without tokens that aren't removed unless destroyed (requiring spending an attack to do so) using @DoubleDown11's hypothetical. Also remember that the suggested mine does not have the ordinance symbol so will be 2 die at range 1 from the template.

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, svelok said:

if you could print errata for up to five cards in xwing what would they be?

Without editing....

1. Super Natural/Adv Sensors/PreCog/BB8: "During the system phase at your initiative, you may..."
  2. Boba: "While you defend or perform an attack, you may spend 1 charge to re-roll 1 of your dice if an enemy is at range 0-1." Add 1 Charge to Boba. 
  3. Holo: Re-write it so Target Lock Rules make sense I guess? 
  4. Fine-Tuned Controls/Afterburners/Pin Point: "After you fully execute a...maneuver, if you did not overlap an obstacle and are not stressed, you may..."
  5. PDF "Card": Re-Write Force Charge Rules some how but Im not sure how. 
Edited by Boom Owl

13 minutes ago, svelok said:

Sloane: Ranges of ability's checks changed from 0-3 to 1-2 (so no reroll for her carrier against a stressed ship, self bumping disqualifies the bumper, reduces her bubble from R6 to R4, tightens up the required formation for her ability to trigger).

Scyk: add "or Upgrade missileUpgrade missile" (I'll lay off this one when S&V get a ship with 2 missile slots).

Holdo: Change "That ship may transfer" to "If you do, that ship must transfer".

Fearless: Increase attack range limit from 1 to 1-2. Change "may change 1 of your results to a Icon damage hit result." to "may re-roll 1 result".

Slave 1: Add "If you do, gain 1 strain token." 

1 hour ago, svelok said:

1. Change Hera Syndulla pilot, Nien Numb crew, R4 Astromech, and Cova Nell pilot to matching terminology so they all work properly.

2. Remove "fully" from the "fully execute" on all of the Oddballs.

3. Change Lancer-Class Sabine Wren's ability to work on offense and defense.

4. Change Predictive Shot's timing window from "after you declare an attack" to "after you modify attack dice".

5. Punishing One adds a die to the turret arc. May not be necessary now, but I'm for it.

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Fine-Tuned Controls/Afterburners/Pin Point: "After you fully execute a...maneuver, if you did not overlap an obstacle and are not stressed, you may..."

This is my actual number one, but Boom Owl already said it, so I left it off. I'd rather afterburners be left out of it, but if that is the cost of getting rid of escape artist Jedi and more importantly unblockable Nantendos.

Errata... Hrm.  Some of what I'd do is just bookkeeping.

• R4 Astromech - so that it's either "While you execute" so that it's clearly a temporary effect, or allow the rules to make it actually permanent.  @5050Saint kinda ninja'd this one.
    • The fact that, in current rules, R4 is a temporary effect, while the text of the card doesn't really indicate that at all, is something I think is bad.
  • Pattern Analyzer - add text so that you skip the perform action step.  As a timing change, I don't mind it.  Giving someone extra actions seems excessive.  Might even cut the cost a point or two.
  • For "fully execute" I'd just change the rulebook to do the "no overlapping obstacles" part.
  • Nantex: Make their ability "fully execute" instead of simply "execute."
  • Boba Fett: I'd just make it 1 die rerolled if there are any ships, not a die per enemy ship.

16 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

1. Change Hera Syndulla pilot, Nien Numb crew, R4 Astromech, and Cova Nell pilot to matching terminology so they all work properly.

So much this. Current state is of the ruling is garbage, counterintuitive as f***.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

unblockable Nantendos

23 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:
  • Nantex: Make their ability "fully execute" instead of simply "execute."

With Ensnare I totally understand -- Sun Fac / Chertek bonks into you, repos themselves, repos you, and gets a mod. Minus Ensnare, I'm less sure -- if unblockable Nantex couldn't easily be fixed by points, wouldn't we see more of them in Hyperspace?

31 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Seems like the rules in various FFG games could be vastly improved by a Rules Guru standardizing phrasing and terminology. Careful wording would also reduce the total number of rules required, simplifying things for new players! FFG, if you're listening, I volunteer my services.

Edited by QQMoore

17 minutes ago, QQMoore said:

With Ensnare I totally understand -- Sun Fac / Chertek bonks into you, repos themselves, repos you, and gets a mod. Minus Ensnare, I'm less sure -- if unblockable Nantex couldn't easily be fixed by points, wouldn't we see more of them in Hyperspace?

When Ensnare was clearly designed to be on most if not all Nantex, it's weird to rob them of it, right? It's why we don't see the ship in Hyperspace at all. Blockable Natntexans however, can be priced effectively, I believe.