SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 hour ago, kris40k said:

Have you sacrificed your Gram and Gramps to save the Dow, yet?

I'm trying to but all the volcano are booked in advance for Sacrifice. 

Unless you were serious, in which case kinda uncalled for. 

2 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Breaking news: in wake of COVID-19 related economic downturn, the Fed is set to announce their new system of "blood capitalism" in which you can buy stocks with souls in order to stimulate big corporate demon worship. Nobody is born a sinner, but you have to work to see results!

2 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Not to go down the rabbit-hole of political discussions, but just google "texas lt governor" if you want to get the joke.

Or don't, if you want to keep any faith in humanity you might have.

12 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Not to go down the rabbit-hole of political discussions, but just google "texas lt governor" if you want to get the joke.

Or don't, if you want to keep any faith in humanity you might have.

Yeah noooo. This last couple of years I have been more happy than ever to not be American. I am just gonna avoid all that. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

So, uh... jank tank, huh?

I for one think jank tank is to forgiving. Being able to change an upgrade and chose between two options is basically the yasb random equivalent to extended.

Back in my day yasb random tournament players had to play with whatever the robot gave them. And they made the best of the cards that were dealt. 

My favorite part of yasb random is how it so clearly demonstrates how ridiculously undercosted virtually every i5+ ace is. Also this is my narrative and im sticking to it. I promise drawing conclusions based on yasb random is an honest form of analysis.

I also like that yasb random gets substantially better and more fun at minimum upgrade settings. Really makes you think.

Edited by Boom Owl

Posted (edited)

I'd be fine with no changes if you could switch around the upgrades from one ship to another. One of the two seems necessary, at least for the amount of upgrades in the JTO.

e. and an afterthought, random hyperspace squads are unironically good. Really a testament to the format balance

Edited by GreenDragoon

On 3/28/2020 at 10:49 PM, GreenDragoon said:

e. and an afterthought, random hyperspace squads are unironically good. Really a testament to the format balance

You see what you want to see. Factions with ships with few slots fare well (less chance to do stupid combos), but factions with versatile ships suffer (same with Extended randomisation), or would you call this good:

Darth Maul (65) Predictive Shot (1) Ion Cannon (6) Proton Torpedoes (13) General Grievous (3) Count Dooku (10) Targeting Computer (3) Scimitar (4) K2-B4 (5) Ship total: 110 Half Points: 55 Threshold: 5

Stalgasin Hive Guard (34) Ship total: 34 Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

0-66 (51) Ship total: 51 Half Points: 26 Threshold: 5 Total: 195

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZhZ200Z272X203W11W136W219W218WW249W216W220Y353XY335XWWWWWWWW&sn=Random Squad&obs=

Pretty typical, as soon as an Infiltrator is in Sep random squad it is pretty trashy.

2 hours ago, Managarmr said:

You see what you want to see. Factions with ships with few slots fare well (less chance to do stupid combos), but factions with versatile ships suffer (same with Extended randomisation), or would you call this good:

Bang spot on. 

Generics are pretty good right now cuz we have balanced nor released more powerful upgrades. Surprise surprise, guess who was asking for audacious balance? 

5 hours ago, Managarmr said:

You see what you want to see.

likewise. Rebels, Imps, FO and Republic have great random hyperspace lists. Scum arguably too. Resistance needs some specific builds to do well, and random doesn't allow for that. Separatists have a similar problem.

5 out of 7 imo justifies "random hyperspace squads are unironically good. Really a testament to the format balance"

CIS randoms are a pretty sad sight

as are randoms in general unless you turn upgrades way down mostly

the problem with extended being you can just lucky roll

• whisper
  • delta 7b
  • soontir
  • kylo

etc etc, and then just faceroll stuff because you're not going up against other aces (unless someone else made it into the lucky roll club) but you're also not going up against good killbox lists (5X is a lot better than 3 thick X, any real CIS list is miles better than a random CIS list) so you hit right in that sweet spot where your ace has a low number of low initiative low dice mods ships to dodge and/or just joust

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Resistance needs some specific builds to do well, and random doesn't allow for that.

In our jank tank league, YASB Resistance rolls almost invariably would put a couch and a pod in every list. Pods often had Angled Deflectors for whatever reason, and Couches would be hyper bloated since they have so many slots. 70+ Joph Seastrikers also oddly popped up often. A-wings were almost never put up by YASB. The worst I saw was a two couch and two pod list.

IMO, Rebels are the Hyperspace jank tank faction. Almost every ship/pilot is solid, and everything YASB builds is at least good enough for jank tank if not good enough for actual gameplay.

Edited by 5050Saint

5 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

IMO, Rebels are the Hyperspace jank tank faction. Almost ship is solid, and everything YASB builds is at least good enough for jank tank if not good enough for actual gameplay.

Empire. Rolls Vader + Squad lists what feels like 75% of the time at minimum upgrade settings.

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Empire. Rolls Vader + Squad lists what feels like 75% of the time at minimum upgrade settings.

I never got Vader on my rolls, but Deicmators reliably came up, typically RAC. I kept getting far too many double Reaper + filler lists to reliably choose Empire. How we did it was we picked two factions, and would get to pick between them. I had Rebels and Empire. Rebels always had a decent list. The two Empire lists that I played were Duchess, Vizier, Feroph, Planetary Sentinel, Obsidian Squad Pilot, and then RAC, Mauler Mithel, two TIE/ln's.

16 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I never got Vader on my rolls, but Deicmators reliably came up, typically RAC. I kept getting far too many double Reaper + filler lists to reliably choose Empire. How we did it was we picked two factions, and would get to pick between them. I had Rebels and Empire. Rebels always had a decent list. The two Empire lists that I played were Duchess, Vizier, Feroph, Planetary Sentinel, Obsidian Squad Pilot, and then RAC, Mauler Mithel, two TIE/ln's.

Anecdotally last night I rolled 7/8 Vaders with Empire Hyper. 

My opinion is 100% feelings based. 

Its kinda fun that such a simple feature on a player made website can create so much joy. 

Thought I'd try my hand, and as an FO first kinda guy, I got something that I'd fly save Munitions Failsafe on Backdraft (which has absolutely no point).... pint night or no.

"Static" (33)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Primed Thrusters (8)    
    Hull Upgrade (7)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

"Ember" (52)    
    Daredevil (2)    
    Primed Thrusters (8)    
    Mag-Pulse Warheads (6)    

Ship total: 68  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 2    

"Backdraft" (39)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Munitions Failsafe (1)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 3    

Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    
    Deuterium Power Cells (9)    

Ship total: 34  Half Points: 17  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZhZ200Z264X319W178W164Y383X117W178W311WY242X181W186WWW113W108Y269X318W&sn=Random Squad&obs=

...now where's my tea?

Posted (edited)

This is sick... I ran a Scum list, and I'd fly it too (what?!?)

Overseer Yushyn (26)    
Ship total: 26  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    

Boba Fett (85)    
    Squad Leader (12)    
    Tractor Beam (3)    
    Mag-Pulse Warheads (6)    
    Seismic Charges (3)    
    Slave I (1)    
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)    

Ship total: 116  Half Points: 58  Threshold: 5    

Zealous Recruit (41)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    

Ship total: 54  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 2    

Total: 196    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZhZ200Z303XY103X131W13W311WW71WWW161W134Y102X136&sn=Random Squad&obs=

Edited by clanofwolves

9 hours ago, svelok said:

CIS randoms are a pretty sad sight

as are randoms in general unless you turn upgrades way down mostly

the problem with extended being you can just lucky roll

• whisper
  • delta 7b
  • soontir
  • kylo

etc etc, and then just faceroll stuff because you're not going up against other aces (unless someone else made it into the lucky roll club) but you're also not going up against good killbox lists (5X is a lot better than 3 thick X, any real CIS list is miles better than a random CIS list) so you hit right in that sweet spot where your ace has a low number of low initiative low dice mods ships to dodge and/or just joust

Muh Echo!

tenor.gif?itemid=10552482