Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Definitely good to see people taking it seriously. 

Note that the US and Italy (and many other countries) are basically the same projection of increases. Italy today had 350 MORE deaths, which is nearing a total around 6000 this week, which is 0.1% of the population, or 1/1000th person. And its getting worse, not better. Anyway. 6000 is a lot of people already. China was something like 80k died (that were tracked). 80000 people - people, take it seriously. 

Where are you getting this numbers? There have been ~180 thousand total infected and ~7 thousand total dead worldwide. 

Please check your info before spreading it.

Edited by Flurpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, funwok said:

Pretty sure your government is telling you to stay at home if possible and avoid any non-essential trips.

So now that my govt advice has changed, I'll go ahead and listen to the advice of qualified epidemiologists - see how I am a rational person!

I'm not gonna react to the shrill yelping of random internet people, I will react to Government advice. If I wanted to take advice from the online, I could go to r/tinfoilhat or twitter and have my fill of hysterical conspiracy theorists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will translate Rich P's post for everyone:

"I am sorry guys, I will try to not infect the whole country anymore. Guess your experts in countries which are ahead of the curve of mine were right. Good to know! I will stop riding my high horse now."

-----------


Guess learning Vassal isn't the worst idea now, anybody know where to get started? I just downloaded the app and the X-Wing module.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rich P said:

I'm not gonna react to the shrill yelping of random internet people, I will react to Government advice. If I wanted to take advice from the online, I could go to r/tinfoilhat or twitter and have my fill of hysterical conspiracy theorists. 

I would get banned if I told you my honest reply to that. "Shrill yelping", "fill of histerical conspiracy theorists?" You have lost any and all credit and goodwill with me.

e: of course that does not mean much to you, why should it. But you know now that your actions were despicable enough that someone in another country thought it necessary to call you out. You were called out, your government later that same day recommended the very same thing, and you still thought it prudent to liken my recommendation to conspiracy theory? Disgusting.

e: and you keep going. Swivel eyed lunatic, eh? I hope you are proud.

Edited by GreenDragoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

You have lost any and all credit and goodwill with me.

You sure do take yourself seriously. Let's follow the lead of some others on here and keep the topic on that of spaceships and dice, rather than filling every single corner of the internet with views (ill formed or otherwise) about something that is inescapable elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I would get banned if I told you my honest reply to that. "Shrill yelping", "fill of histerical conspiracy theorists?" You have lost any and all credit and goodwill with me.

Honestly, it's pointless with some people. It's either wilul ignorance or they're just too stupid to understand fully the ramifications of seemingly innocent gatherings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tampermagnitude said:

Honestly, it's pointless with some people. It's either wilul ignorance or they're just too stupid to understand fully the ramifications of seemingly innocent gatherings.

I'm gonna go ahead and choose option C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rich P said:

You sure do take yourself seriously. Let's follow the lead of some others on here and keep the topic on that of spaceships and dice, rather than filling every single corner of the internet with views (ill formed or otherwise) about something that is inescapable elsewhere. 

Dude.  You're the one who brought it up, and you're the one who was wrong about the disease.

The only batsh** theory is, and has always been, that this isn't serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Dude.  You're the one who brought it up, and you're the one who was wrong about the disease.

Nah mate - I'm following the trusted advice of my government, not the advice from people on a space ships forum. I've no personal opinions on the virus, or the pandemic. As a squadron, we have now cancelled game nights our podcasts and twitch streams are slowing down (nothing to talk about if we ain't playing). We are self isolating in line with the advice of our government.

And that is the crux of this, some guy online has got annoyed that I didn't accept his view as gospel truth - even if his line later turned out to be true, I will take my truth from sources I trust, not people on the internet who I can't tell whether they are legit, or some swivel eyed lunatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the trusted advice of governments, which have universally been famously proactive and timely in dealing with this crisis.

I think you had an egregiously bad take on this and I think essentially nobody here agrees with you and I’m not sure what audience you’re playing to with your subsequent appeals; I imagine most people are silent on this because they don’t want to get involved in this topic here (neither do I, this will be my last comment on the subject). I think it’s easier to take a sceptical view when the people around you are not getting sick and dying, which is a luxury some of the posters in this thread sadly no longer have. I think wilful ignorance is still ignorance, and people giving you sound takes based on the consensus of the world’s medical professionals should probably not be dismissed just because of they’re doing so on an X-Wing forum. Some X-Wing players are also medical researchers, nurses, doctors, first responders, etc. Some also just take their news from a variety of non-local sources.

Some guy is annoyed because you made a real-life callous suggestion that would potentially put other people at risk, and that some guy is right to be annoyed (especially since you are also all but calling him a crackpot). I promise you that some guy is actually almost certainly a large number of some guys.

For my part, I apologize for taking us all further from the real topic that I think we need to cover here:

Which format is the greatest format, hyperspace or extended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

Stuff

Again, you are reflecting your own interpretations here. 

I said something, that pretty quickly thereafter looked pretty dumb due to the changing position of my government (who I do trust to make decisions for the good of the country as a whole). I then kinda got yelled at a bit, which kinda got my back up.

I have changed my own position based on latest advice. Because I am not an epidemiologist, I do not try to impose my views on others. There is enough terrible, incorrect, invalid information circulating that I choose not to add to it.

I will continue to protect myself, my friends and family as best I can (including those with underlying health conditions, and the elderly) by following my government's advice.  

So shoot me, I was wrong, I've never said I wasn't, I've always said I'm following the advice from a source I trust.  If that turns out to be bad advice then I will be angry, distraught and probably grieving, I will respond through channels that can influence and make a difference, not by coming onto an internet forum for plastic space ships and yelling into the void. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rich P said:

Again, you are reflecting your own interpretations here. 

I said something, that pretty quickly thereafter looked pretty dumb due to the changing position of my government (who I do trust to make decisions for the good of the country as a whole). I then kinda got yelled at a bit, which kinda got my back up.

I have changed my own position based on latest advice. Because I am not an epidemiologist, I do not try to impose my views on others. There is enough terrible, incorrect, invalid information circulating that I choose not to add to it.

I will continue to protect myself, my friends and family as best I can (including those with underlying health conditions, and the elderly) by following my government's advice.  

So shoot me, I was wrong, I've never said I wasn't, I've always said I'm following the advice from a source I trust.  If that turns out to be bad advice then I will be angry, distraught and probably grieving, I will respond through channels that can influence and make a difference, not by coming onto an internet forum for plastic space ships and yelling into the void. 

 

24 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

Ah, the trusted advice of governments, which have universally been famously proactive and timely in dealing with this crisis.

I think you had an egregiously bad take on this and I think essentially nobody here agrees with you and I’m not sure what audience you’re playing to with your subsequent appeals; I imagine most people are silent on this because they don’t want to get involved in this topic here (neither do I, this will be my last comment on the subject). I think it’s easier to take a sceptical view when the people around you are not getting sick and dying, which is a luxury some of the posters in this thread sadly no longer have. I think wilful ignorance is still ignorance, and people giving you sound takes based on the consensus of the world’s medical professionals should probably not be dismissed just because of they’re doing so on an X-Wing forum. Some X-Wing players are also medical researchers, nurses, doctors, first responders, etc. Some also just take their news from a variety of non-local sources.

Some guy is annoyed because you made a real-life callous suggestion that would potentially put other people at risk, and that some guy is right to be annoyed (especially since you are also all but calling him a crackpot). I promise you that some guy is actually almost certainly a large number of some guys.

For my part, I apologize for taking us all further from the real topic that I think we need to cover here:

Which format is the greatest format, hyperspace or extended?

Yo, we don't care anymore.

Quarantined.


You're arguing past each other. You arrived at the same conclusion for different reasons. The reasons matter, but take it offline or something at this point, because it's an x-wing thread, please?

 

Pick a topic:

  1. Online: what do?
  2. Hyperspace: what's that about?
  3. Extended: combo-wing, or the pinnacle of skill?
  4. Kullbee Sperado: Why does Dee Yun even allocate brain space to this pilot?
Edited by Tlfj200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hexiledgaming on twitch is streaming almost daily in the evening. They are commentating TTS tables and it's good fun. Nice to have your game recorded for review after the match too. We also play streamcaptain on the side whenever X-Wing is not getting in the way :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, funwok said:

hexiledgaming on twitch is streaming almost daily in the evening. They are commentating TTS tables and it's good fun. Nice to have your game recorded for review after the match too. We also play streamcaptain on the side whenever X-Wing is not getting in the way :D

Sure, but what about Kullbee Sperado?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the Four Furious Tube Brothers ever seen any use? They're really hampered by init 2, but I feel like Edrio could still put in some work with the sheer volume of free actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Kulbee is a fun way of remembering Kobe. Also R4 droid or Debris Gambit crank up the mileage. Especially with afterburners/coordinate.

Not a great pilot, but again, very fun.

Kullbee Sperado (46)
R4 Astromech (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Total: 48

 

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)
Total: 47

 

big thunk energy on kullbee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich P said:

Nah mate - I'm following the trusted advice of my government, not the advice from people on a space ships forum. I've no personal opinions on the virus, or the pandemic. As a squadron, we have now cancelled game nights our podcasts and twitch streams are slowing down (nothing to talk about if we ain't playing). We are self isolating in line with the advice of our government.

And that is the crux of this, some guy online has got annoyed that I didn't accept his view as gospel truth - even if his line later turned out to be true, I will take my truth from sources I trust, not people on the internet who I can't tell whether they are legit, or some swivel eyed lunatic. 

It isn't the advice of randos on the internet--it's the advice of the entire community of medical experts.  The fact that it took so many governments as long as it did to heed it is a scathing indictment of those governments, and fools in power who care more about their own pitiful and fragile egos than the health of millions.  Whether or not someone onhere is a swivel eyed lunatic, we know for a fact that one is in charge of the government of my country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

The reasons matter, but take it offline or something at this point, because it's an x-wing thread, please?

I tried ... but ^^

Anyway Kulbee isn't good ... I mean, its fun, but not good. Reminds me of blue ace before they introduced intensity and flight assist astromech

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...