SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

54 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Though, you should always just blindly support Team Texas in all things!

I'm not sure I can agree with this, but I'll repeat the best piece of sports-related wisdom my dad taught me:

Always root against New York teams.

I'm sure that holds from Texas to Maine, from Florida to Oregon.

29 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

Is the Friday games going to be streamed as well? 

I'm not sure what you mean by competitive. Top teams of course went willing to win and tested accordingly. Of course, especially in later rounds and in direct confrontation there was some degree of tension, but all games were played while sharing a laugh. 

The heck, we won the tournament but the night before we got wasted up until 5am with other teams. 

So if by competitive you mean a tournament played giving all our hearts out while having fun and with an hungover, yes we were competitive. 

But I suppose you guys share the same competitiveness at krayt cup, in the end we, like you, were only playing for glory and for the eternal right of rub our win to the face of the other teams

Sad....

Is Nathan eide partecipating? I support his team. 

What's this love for Texas? I thought krays were from Carolina, where's your parochialism (is this even a word in English?)? 

Nathan is a lifelong whitewalker, sadly due to college and me not being able to attend and do all the logistics for him, he wont be able to make it. (Chris hates us confirmed) Duncan and Josh are the returning whitewalkers, plus an OG who never made it, and a new face. 

Edited by catachanninja

11 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I'm not sure I can agree with this, but I'll repeat the best piece of sports-related wisdom my dad taught me:

Always root against New York teams.

I'm sure that holds from Texas to Maine, from Florida to Oregon.

Hockey made me break that rule, I wanted to root for an american original six team, i can't stand Chicago for a number of reasons and i have weird memories of the old Detroit Russian heavy teams

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Is the Friday games going to be streamed as well? 

I'm not sure what you mean by competitive. Top teams of course went willing to win and tested accordingly. Of course, especially in later rounds and in direct confrontation there was some degree of tension, but all games were played while sharing a laugh. 

The heck, we won the tournament but the night before we got wasted up until 5am with other teams. 

So if by competitive you mean a tournament played giving all our hearts out while having fun and with an hungover, yes we were competitive. 

But I suppose you guys share the same competitiveness at krayt cup, in the end we, like you, were only playing for glory and for the eternal right of rub our win to the face of the other teams

Sad....

Is Nathan eide partecipating? I support his team. 

What's this love for Texas? I thought krays were from Carolina, where's your parochialism (is this even a word in English?)? 

I don't think Friday is going to be streamed, no.  I might set up a camera if we have resources, but I don't have anyone to run the stream etc, so unless some alternates want to do it (now that I'm typing and thinking of it, of course they will want to).  No promises, but I'll see what I can do :)

Oh, by competitive I just mean the average krayt cup attendee is mostly there to just have a good time with their teammates.  The atmosphere is basically like a store championship - super casual.  It sounded like XTC itself was much more... serious? People treating it more like a "premiere" event, if that makes sense.

I'm not 100% sure if Nathan will be there, but his team definitely is - team Duncan/Jeremy/Zack/Nathan/Josh is the Whitewalkers and they're unsurprisingly very good at winning the whole thing, lol.

49 minutes ago, svelok said:

texas is the america of america

this

4 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I don't think Friday is going to be streamed, no.  I might set up a camera if we have resources, but I don't have anyone to run the stream etc, so unless some alternates want to do it (now that I'm typing and thinking of it, of course they will want to).  No promises, but I'll see what I can do :)

Oh, by competitive I just mean the average krayt cup attendee is mostly there to just have a good time with their teammates.  The atmosphere is basically like a store championship - super casual.  It sounded like XTC itself was much more... serious? People treating it more like a "premiere" event, if that makes sense.

I'm not 100% sure if Nathan will be there, but his team definitely is - team Duncan/Jeremy/Zack/Nathan/Josh is the Whitewalkers and they're unsurprisingly very good at winning the whole thing, lol.

this

Don't forget bunn and grasser and adam!

Edited by catachanninja

1 hour ago, Killerardvark said:

Updated, thanks. I repent for my spelling failures. The 'o' is useless anyways, like most of their sports teams.

The Astros and Texans cost me a day off by failing to win their respective championship games (the Astros more so than the Texans, but still.) They're dead to me.

Edited by impspy

27 minutes ago, impspy said:

The Astros and Texans cost me a day off by failing to win their respective championship games (the Astros more so than the Texans, but still.) They're dead to me.

It's all about the Roughnecks now.

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

Let 👏 Travis 👏 and 👏 me 👏 commentate