SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

The amount of stuff you can choose from for 5 ship Extended Resistance stuff is bonkers. I am nowhere near to being sure what the correct choice is. So here's two while stuff compiles at work:

Kaz Heroic R5, Rose, Heroic Finn, Bastian, Jessica Pava

Heroic Zizi, R5 Heroic Kaz, Finn, Rose, LeiaCova R4 Heroic. 

And thats like two out of 30 iterations. 

13 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

The amount of stuff you can choose from for 5 ship Extended Resistance stuff is bonkers. I am nowhere near to being sure what the correct choice is. So here's two while stuff compiles at work:

Kaz Heroic R5, Rose, Heroic Finn, Bastian, Jessica Pava

Heroic Zizi, R5 Heroic Kaz, Finn, Rose, LeiaCova R4 Heroic. 

And thats like two out of 30 iterations. 

I tried out Kaz, Rose, Zizi, Greer and Zari this weekend a bit. Was solid, but probably still need a bit more time trying it out before I determine if I pursue it much further. IMO Zari w/ AO is better than Talli without which I know a lot of people have tried to fit in certain combos of As by dropping AO off Talli. 

Edited by RStan

I had a mildly disappointing store champs yesterday with zizi(mag pulse),Kaz, bastian, and two dead man mechanics. 

Zizi was good as expected, but the missile wasn’t great and I couldn’t be as aggressive as expected. Bastian was pretty much everyone’s first target and didn’t do much. Kaz almost felt like he could solo five x-wings, if there was no clock. Dead man and slam is stupidly fun and good, and the only reason all my games didn’t go to time. 

I’m convinced on fireballs. Not sure the best way to run them, and I need more practice, but it’s me and not them. 

5 hours ago, gennataos said:

Start with Poe, count to 200.  Apply some of what @Ablazoned mentioned if that counting gets weird.  

I'm always going to start with Poe, but I also think he just happens to be good in the current Hyperspace meta.  I'd been playing him on hard mode for so long, when I switch to cheap R4 + maybe title and/or Heroic, he's really easy to play and it's allowable to trade him.  He also doesn't care that much about a bid in the current Hyperspace meta.

Outmaneuver Poe puts the fear into boba.  Doubly so with ordnance.  But boba is never alone, and Poe is a very very vulnerable 80+ points if someone looks at him.

2 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Outmaneuver Poe puts the fear into boba.  Doubly so with ordnance.  But boba is never alone, and Poe is a very very vulnerable 80+ points if someone looks at him.

Poe has friends, too.  And I'm way past the days of 80+ point Poe.  Boba is pretty solved, for me.

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

Boba is pretty solved, for me.

We are definitely in Boba's world until the next points update in June???

The fact that Boba Fenn is a really strong list in Extended (Worlds Top8) will probably  increase the uptake of its or its variants.

As helps with getting in practice time if you are playing something similar in both formats. Seen that increasing with 5As and some droid players.

5 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

We are definitely in Boba's world until the next points update in June???

The fact that Boba Fenn is a really strong list in Extended (Worlds Top8) will probably  increase the uptake of its or its variants.

As helps with getting in practice time if you are playing something similar in both formats. Seen that increasing with 5As and some droid players.

Of current (projected? by me? in my head?) Hyperspace gatekeepers, he seems the most difficult to outplay, wanting specific tech against.  

I'm not teching against anything, it's just a happy coincidence if it works out that way.

13 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Of current (projected? by me? in my head?) Hyperspace gatekeepers, he seems the most difficult to outplay, wanting specific tech against.  

I'm not teching against anything, it's just a happy coincidence if it works out that way.

Agreed.

My approach is always make a good all round list. Then look at tactics + obstacles to work out how to win those specific matchups.

There is so much matchup variance. 

1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

Outmaneuver is sad against a double arc ship

Less sad when its moving last, I imagine. 

I can solidly vouch for the other, but the threat is still handy. Things that cost that much don't like having 1 green die very much.

1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

Outmaneuver is sad against a double arc ship

IF you can sort of ignore boba wingmates on the first round without getting punished too much (granted that's a big if), it's not too hard to force a tough choice on boba between turning away from the jousts into Poe, or letting Poe lay a haymaker early.

5 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

Isn't crack Poe better for price + burst dmg? *sees crack is extended only*...

Now I know they're trying to push Boba.

Although Fanatical Blackout is pretty good on Boba, even moving first. Becomes comical when rigged cargo is involved.

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

IF you can sort of ignore boba wingmates on the first round without getting punished too much (granted that's a big if), it's not too hard to force a tough choice on boba between turning away from the jousts into Poe, or letting Poe lay a haymaker early.

I'm not convinced based on past experience that this is how that fight resolves

9 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Unfortunately,

giphy.gif

Percents of swiss:

Scum (faction): 23.92%
Rebel (faction): 19.61%
Resistance (faction): 17.06%
Boba Fett (pilot): 12.55%
First Order (faction): 12.55%
Fenn Rau (pilot): 10.56%
Empire (faction): 9.41%
Kylo Ren (pilot): 8.96%
Republic (faction): 8.43%
Luke Skywalker (pilot): 8.17%
Separatist (faction): 7.45% 

1 hour ago, svelok said:

Percents of swiss:

Ooh ooh, now do percentages of cuts!

1 hour ago, svelok said:

Percents of swiss:

boba fett the faction more popular than droids the faction :(

Just now, Brunas said:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH. don't tell them.

Boom and I have been saying, if you want to make cut, learn to beat boba, if you want to win in cut, learn to beat CIS.

3 hours ago, Brunas said:

I uhh...

Yeah, if you only play against Boba, he's great.  Unfortunately,

giphy.gif

Kylo + biiiiiiiiiiiiiid! is cool with both, but the most efficient Kylo is with 2 or 4 friends, and moves before Boba.

Also, having played a bunch of Heavy Weapons Kylo + Vonreg hyperspace and Supernat Kylo + Vonreg extended, 2 ship Kylo is only B+ tier if you have Supernat. I don't think heavy munition Kylo is worth it in a 2 ship list, unless you have Muse coordinating and de-stressing Blackout as the "2nd" ship. Instinctive Optic Torp Kylo + Fanatical Optic Blackout and his coordinating friend boosting his ability is a great list that is rather agnostic about moving last, but if you already have Brolencers + friend in the days of Wave 6, why not Brolencers + Holo or Brolencers + a sexy 3rd Silencer? More 3 dice baseline attacks at I5+ (or even at I2) > 1 unmodded 2die attack at I2 so that 1 attack jumps to 4 and another becomes Wedge noticeably more often. Sure, Supernat Blackout is a nice diet Supernat Kylo like the 1st e one, but token tossing or blocking and rushing are both hard to pass.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

1 hour ago, jagsba said:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH. don't tell them.

Boom and I have been saying, if you want to make cut, learn to beat boba, if you want to win in cut, learn to beat CIS.

And learn to beat really good CIS, bc that faction has a massive range in player skill. Whereas playing lesser skilled Bobas at least somewhat preps you for the good Bobas, playing lesser CIS doesn't help too much against the better CIS that can leverage a list to its full potential. Turns out that wordwalls have high ceilings and low floors with all that nuance and rule interaction.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

53 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

And learn to beat really good CIS, bc that faction has a massive range in player skill. Whereas playing lesser skilled Bobas at least somewhat preps you for the good Bobas, playing lesser CIS doesn't help too much against the better CIS that can leverage a list to its full potential. Turns out that wordwalls have high ceilings and low floors with all that nuance and rule interaction.

Want to talk about what a good CIS player will do that a bad one won't? 

4 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Want to talk about what a good CIS player will do that a bad one won't? 

As a somewhat mediocre CIS player, I’m not patient enough and the good ones wait a turn longer before turning in. They have practiced rotating their formation. They see the maneuver onto an obstacle and barrel roll off more often. They are more likely to know when to self bump, or attempt to block, or not even try for arc to get the networked calculation. 

They probably more importantly have better optimized lists. Hard to bring sub-optimal FOcho, easy to bring not-great droids. 

8 hours ago, Brunas said:

Percent of cut:

Scum: 28.00%
Rebel: 21.33%
Resistance: 16.00%
Separatist: 16.00%
Trade Federation Drone (pilot): 16.00%
Boba Fett (pilot): 14.67%
Fenn Rau (pilot): 13.33%

(don't ask about percents of final tables, I can only defend the narrative for so long)