SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 minutes ago, Stagsquad13 said:

What am I missing on proud tradition? Is it like a budget pattern analyser for generic FOs? I’m sort of struggling to see how it would fit into lists.

you take as many copies as possible on generics so the opponent has to take multiple crits /burn focus to shut them off. The longer the opponent waits, the worse it gets for them, as taking a crit late game can be nasty. 

also at lower initiatives, especially against aces they have to wait until you shoot them, so either they aren’t modifying dice to hold onto a focus to shut PT off, or they are eating a crit, or letting you keep it. 

still hard to say what the correct number is to be successful.

22 minutes ago, Stagsquad13 said:

What am I missing on proud tradition? Is it like a budget pattern analyser for generic FOs? I’m sort of struggling to see how it would fit into squads 

Starkiller Base Pilot (58)    
    General Hux (6)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZsZ200Z288XWW180WWWWWY267X319W186WY267X319W186WY267X319W186WY267X319W186W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Coordinate them all a red lock, then they can still focus. Sloop or K-turn, they can still focus. Double mods for days. If they want to flip that card they have to volunteer extra damage on themselves. Hux is kind of silly in this list, but more seriously:

Major Vonreg (57)    
    Daredevil (2)    
    Pattern Analyzer (5)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Omega Squadron Ace (28)    
    Proud Tradition (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZsZ200Z381X117W206WWY267X319W186WY267X319W186WY267X319W186WY267X319W186W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

That's a lot of positional flexibility while retaining your offensive mods.

24 minutes ago, Stagsquad13 said:

What am I missing on proud tradition? Is it like a budget pattern analyser for generic FOs? I’m sort of struggling to see how it would fit into squads 

So it's great on holo and muse because they can easily  mitigate it.  

For generics it opens up some options once the xi is released you can use huffy for target locks and still focus for fully modified shots for sf's with ordinance.  

It isn't bad on generics because even if your opponent flips it you still have other options

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Basically this.  Budget Pattern Analyzer is solid.

not only budget pattern analyzer, but you can do a white move after the sloop and still focus, it lets you ignore debris, and it lets your opponent make the mistake of token spending or taking a crit to make your ship with hard 2 blues take red focus actions.

I have a small extended event on Sunday... I know that some people bring their HS list, and on one hand I would love to. But on the other hand is this:

Darth Vader (67),Passive Sensors (3), Afterburners (6)

Soontir Fel (53)

“Whisper” (57),Passive Sensors (3),Fifth Brother (11)
Total: 200, View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

lol

3 hours ago, Stagsquad13 said:

It's all about cheap advantages and head-game control. 

Basically a lose-lose for your opponent. 

25 minutes ago, svelok said:

man 

sure looks like extended's meta is still just triple aces with purple

who could have foreseen this?

Still too early to say.  Most x-wing players are either bad at list building or cowards, so it'll take a while to see real change.

1 hour ago, svelok said:

man 

sure looks like extended's meta is still just triple aces with purple

who could have foreseen this?

Not sure it rises to the level of a problem, but the biggest weakness of the last points update was that it was rather timid with most stuff which was Extended-only.  The Hyperspace changes were, IMHO, pretty exciting.  But most stuff which didn't make the transition to Hyperspace seems like... it mostly got ignored.  Can kicked down the road.

1 hour ago, Tbetts94 said:

TTT is the correct choice. Not sure why BCP is even considered still after Atlanta and Seattle. Cryodex is solid too if you’re worried about the internet connection.

What I keep hearing is that BCP is a sponsor of LVO, so there wasn't a choice.  Don't know if it's true, but if previous failures didn't convince people, this one should.  

Edited by Biophysical

37 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

What I keep hearing is that BCP is a sponsor of LVO, so there wasn't a choice.  Don't know if it's true, but if previous failures didn't convince people, this one should.  

Legion used TTT, so I don’t think that’s entirely true.

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

I'm unironically surprised there were issue yesterday.  I figured Dee has been hard on their case the last few months about making sure it goes smooth?

7 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

So looking at LVO Day 1 data....

Just want to remind everyone that Hyperspace ban lists do not apply to Extended tournaments. 

With the usual note that factions do not equal list styles or playstyles:

5 resistance players made cut from day 1, and allegedly only 10 started. That would be an interesting cut rate.

top32 had 8 imperial, 7 scum, 5 resistance, 4 FO, 4 seps, 2 republic, 2 rebel. Particularly interesting is that people try and succeed with scum.