SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Marksmanship + Autoblaster is another unfun, frustrating card combo that should not be in hyperspace imo. So one of the two had to go.

That's entirely fair, and I've certainly had that thought before.  Between Scyks and B-Wings with their new Configuration, it's for the best the MMS/ABS combo doesn't exist.

However, if MMS was primary-only like Predator or Crack Shot, I'd be happy to have it in HS.

9 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

Also, plain just for points talents shouldn't be a thing, fight me.

Eh.  I kinda think there should be some plain things.  I like that upgrades like Shield Upgrade and Perceptive Copilot exist.  It's good for there to be upgrades which aren't necessarily part of combos (pretending ABS doesn't exist for a sec), but do something minor on there own.  Why should that cut off at the Talent slot?

To be sure, I'm glad Predator and Crack Shot are out. They're just too ubiquitous, too plain.

Marksmanship... that's a bit different.  Crits can easily be wasted.  Bounce off shields, or happen when a ship is already doomed.  It doesn't help push damage through green dice.  As such, pretty much no one but Maarek Stele or maybe Bossk is ever going to use it.

So I think it'd be interesting to see how Marksmanship would do in a format where it's the only cheap option.  I generally think options are good.

4 hours ago, gadwag said:

With autoblaster, I'll assume the bullseye is 30% of the r1 arc and that Poe is out-of-arc and receiving the autoblaster effect 3/4 of the time. This gives him a 23% chance of activating the bullseye+MM combo.

Yeah, I don't really think that's a useful approach.  Trying to use probability to handle geometry, when ships aren't at all randomly placed, doesn't seem appropriate.

13 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I can see a case for it when:

1) You're flying Fett

2) You landed at R1 of 3+ 2-primary ships (otherwise you totally shouldn't be there)

3) You already have focus modification elsewhere (0-0-0, Maul, etc)

4) You couldn't Slave 1 your way out of the situation

5) Being stressed won't affect your choices next turn

This is a pretty rare scenario.

What about when you're confident you'll be taking powerful R1 shots?  For example, Fenn and a Zealous Recruit take R1 shots at Boba with Maul with focus and without reinforce (4.1 expected damage)

http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/2/multi/?d=kgAAAAYAAAAS&a1=UQgAAAAAAgAA&a2=QQgAAAAAAAAA

And without focus with reinforce (2.9 expected damage)

http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/2/multi/?d=EgABAAYAAAAS&a1=UQgAAAAAAgAA&a2=QQgAAAAAAAAA

20 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I got to play PT last night, ya'll had already converted me, but oh my was it good. It's so strong

I love it because it's strong on ships that are kinda weenies.  It's so much less useful on aces.  That's definitely cool.  

Edited by Biophysical

Just now, Boom Owl said:

Says the i5 rz2a addict...

I'm only addicted to one pilot in a different ship.  ;)  But, valid!  Exploit Zizi for the next six months!

For real, though, after playing a lot of rookies, that constant jousty time on target is way different than RZ-2 time on target.  The forward-facing guys stay in the scrum and generate a lot more blocking mess.  FO TIEs staying tough behind 3-die + focus and getting to delay their blue moves for a turn or two or forever seems as liberating as the RZ-2 dial, with no real disengage turn.  And no good incentive for the opponent to turn it off aside from dice luck.  Plus, bring all the debris you want, man.

16 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'm only addicted to one pilot in a different ship.  ;)  But, valid!  Exploit Zizi for the next six months!

For real, though, after playing a lot of rookies, that constant jousty time on target is way different than RZ-2 time on target.  The forward-facing guys stay in the scrum and generate a lot more blocking mess.  FO TIEs staying tough behind 3-die + focus and getting to delay their blue moves for a turn or two or forever seems as liberating as the RZ-2 dial, with no real disengage turn.  And no good incentive for the opponent to turn it off aside from dice luck.  Plus, bring all the debris you want, man.

I think that's an accurate assessment.  On paper, I thought the proud FOs were just budget A-wings.  Good, but a little worse.  Staying pointed at the scrum really is a pretty big deal, though, and Muse fueling it turn after turn is a little nuts.  

Also? Debris is awesome.