Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tsavong said:

So what percentage of the sequel faction pilots actually lived through the trilogy? And how many of them didn't just die in their 10 seconds of screen time?

The second and third movies in the triology were very clear, only force users matter, everyone else is filler, i assume 100% of them died the seconds the credit roles, as their usefulness to the force users had ended. 

Edited by catachanninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, catachanninja said:

I have noticed that 4 FO is getting a bunch of chatter, but man does it seem weak on paper

 

Speaking of weak on paper, i really do not understand the love for Lehuse, the ability just seems super vanilla to me, or is it just having  a cheap mini turret i5 that matters?

 

I was skeptical about Gina Moonsong, but putting her on the table, she was far better than I thought initially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Gina seems neat, especially if someone like ten nunb is around to make the stress just dissapear

Especially Cassian

Honestly even R4 Y-Wings seem worthwhile.

I still wonder if turret-less Y-Wings have potential as a super-beefy swarm. I've never tried it. But I guess most people wouldn't care if I had either.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Honestly even R4 Y-Wings seem worthwhile.

I still wonder if turret-less Y-Wings have potential as a super-beefy swarm. I've never tried it. But I guess most people wouldn't care if I had either.

presently id consider proton torp dutch or bombs only norra for sure, though every time i've built a list with norra, i've had the points for the turret. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

Gina seems neat, especially if someone like ten nunb is around to make the stress just dissapear

 

Kind of, but it frees up the dials of Ten and Braylen to be able to do maneuvers that might get blocked, but also have the option for a stress later.  And even if the stress isn't useful, someone is always going to be in a position to clear it or not care, so she can turn other abilities, but also always has a free dial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

The second and third movies in the triology were very clear, only force users matter, everyone else is filler, i assume 100% of them died the seconds the credit roles, as their usefulness to the force users had ended. 

and force users are determined by blooooood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunas said:

Easy solution: Estate Force Tax

Sure, and then there will be no incentive at all to being a magical telekinetic uber-mensch dogfighter.

EDIT: Done by your own bootstraps, of course.  Which is possible because, you know, "telekinetic."

Edited by Jeff Wilder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Especially Cassian

Honestly even R4 Y-Wings seem worthwhile.

I still wonder if turret-less Y-Wings have potential as a super-beefy swarm. I've never tried it. But I guess most people wouldn't care if I had either.

Would dropping R4 for all I-3 golds be more profitable? Of course then you go down the rabbit hole of 6Y vs 5Y with ion vs 4 double tapping Y. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Sure, and then there will be no incentive at all to being a magical telekinetic uber-mensch dogfighter.

EDIT: Done by your own bootstraps, of course.  Which is possible because, you know, "telekinetic."

Rey did it just fine! Up until the whole Palpatine bit, but 

obi-wan-cato-neimoidia-anakin-coruscant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Would dropping R4 for all I-3 golds be more profitable? Of course then you go down the rabbit hole of 6Y vs 5Y with ion vs 4 double tapping Y. 

I mean, here's the all out I3 with bid rabbit hole...

3Reds+Arvel+GoldIon+3pt bid

____

"5X, mk2"

(32) Gold Squadron Veteran [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(5) Ion Cannon Turret
Points: 37

(34) Arvel Crynyd [RZ-1 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation
Points: 37

(41) Red Squadron Veteran [T-65 X-wing]
Points: 41

(41) Red Squadron Veteran [T-65 X-wing]
Points: 41

(41) Red Squadron Veteran [T-65 X-wing]
Points: 41

Total points: 197

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

I mean, here's the all out I3 with bid rabbit hole...

3Reds+Arvel+GoldIon+3pt bid

____

"5X, mk2"

(32) Gold Squadron Veteran [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(5) Ion Cannon Turret
Points: 37

(34) Arvel Crynyd [RZ-1 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation
Points: 37

(41) Red Squadron Veteran [T-65 X-wing]
Points: 41

(41) Red Squadron Veteran [T-65 X-wing]
Points: 41

(41) Red Squadron Veteran [T-65 X-wing]
Points: 41

Total points: 197

No I just want to play yyyyyy or yyyyy. I mean if fireballs can do it, why can’t I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

No I just want to play yyyyyy or yyyyy. I mean if fireballs can do it, why can’t I?

That kind of brings up an interesting point. We sometimes glancingly talk about the value of boost, but we don’t get more into dials than “it has a good dial” when a ship gets previewed. 
 

Is it just too obvious to talk about? Fireballs are better than torrents, and it’s not just because of slam, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

That kind of brings up an interesting point. We sometimes glancingly talk about the value of boost, but we don’t get more into dials than “it has a good dial” when a ship gets previewed. 
 

 

2e dial creep is ridiculous, even the worst dials are typically offset by some combo of stop or additional arcs, and are still better than most 1e dials.

 

 

34 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

 

Is it just too obvious to talk about? Fireballs are better than torrents, and it’s not just because of slam, right?

What's a torrent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

 

I was skeptical about Gina Moonsong, but putting her on the table, she was far better than I thought initially. 

Never underestimate anyone named Gina; let me just tell you from personal experience.

3 hours ago, catachanninja said:

Gina seems neat, especially if someone like ten nunb is around to make the stress just dissapear

Great, thanks for pointing that pilot out... now I might add a B-Wing Rebel list in 2.0. of which I have only the core X-Wing to date. FFG is getting my number with this pilot/chassis. A list with a few of these look to be/will be quite good. 

...tea is on point today lads!

Edited by clanofwolves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...