SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

49 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

Gosh darn it. I was pretty much set on which list to take to the UK, now I am not sure which faction I am taking. 

Rebel Steak with Luke, Nien Lando and  Configuration Autoblasters Ten sounds great. 3 double modded ships all the time. 

isn't UK hyperspace? 

5 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Gosh darn it. I was pretty much set on which list to take to the UK, now I am not sure which faction I am taking. 

Rebel Steak with Luke, Nien Lando and  Configuration Autoblasters Ten sounds great. 3 double modded ships all the time. 

Please don’t let anecdotal batreps nor theories about the power of Intimidation steer your list decisions.  

11 games into the hyperspace journey, played different lists each time.

ryusei-taneda-dt5d-dvvmaayspy-jpg-large.jpg?1516700538dcmx2z3-e1f7bff7-49e4-48f6-a336-d8cd846bd10d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2FiOTQwZGJmLTZiMWMtNDNkNS05ZTQ5LWFhODczNjM0MGIyZFwvZGNteDJ6My1lMWY3YmZmNy00OWU0LTQ4ZjYtYTMzNi1kOGNkODQ2YmQxMGQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.sBpWUoY9zkFXDQmD7s2oEhPyA8N-9ct-v8YnaJCy9Qk

• Lists: 
    • 5 Striker 2 Tie 
    • Poe Nien Zizi Yeager 
    • Poe + 5 Fireball 
    • Poe Zizi Yeager Fire Fire 
    • Kylo France + 3 FO 
    • Kylo Vonreg Rush 
    • Kylo Ember Scorch Backdraft 
    • Vonreg France Scorch Longshot Rivas 
    • Vonreg + 3 BA
    • Holo +5
    • Obi Ric Ani Y-Wing Y-Wing 
  • Ramble:
    • Hyperspace is in fact a good format. Confirmed. For Now. 
    • Never felt like I lost during list building 
    • Shockingly...many aces are still good?  
    • 5x is super popular but not difficult to deal with
    • 5x requires actual skill with T65s if your opponents don't opt 100% in to its nets/jousts. 
    • Tie BA hot takes are everywhere. Its not Soontir but several lists only ask it to be better end game Wedge or Braylen. 
    • Weakest of the lists was Kylo Ember Scorch Backdraft ( 4 ships can be awkward if not properly built ) 
    • Lt France is as significant of an addition to FO as the Tie BA and his ability is trivially easy to fuel.  
    • Zizi's token stack while stressed or blocked or shooting first is unreal, zizi doesnt die. This ship goes to time. 
    • Yeager can more or less say "nope" when moving last and absolutely puts work in at 33 pts. 
    • Fireballs are 100% useful at 26 pts and take a very long time to kill, especially in large #s.
    • Spoiler you dont have to remove the disabled token when slamming
    • Krennic flipping Fireball Damage Cards is entertaining 
    • Republic Quad Force users are a pretty good strategy 
    • CLT Jedi with R5 Astromech are familiar territory, less problematic but still odd.  
    • Republic Y-Wings want at least a bomb or turret to be something other than a clock distraction, I like them as filler though.  
    • Scum, Rebels, Empire, and CIS all have access to excellent lists just havent tested them yet.  
    • Players still ignore CIS for some reason. Probably because they hate robots and like Aces. 
    • There are a bunch of solid generic lists besides 5x but nobody plays them so they dont exist.
    • 5 Striker 2 Ties and Poe + 5 Fireballs were the most fun lists I played so far.   

2 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

• Tie BA hot takes are everywhere. Its not Soontir but several lists only ask it to be better end game Wedge or Braylen. 

This is a vibe I'm getting after a very little exposure to Vonreg.  He's FO Wedge to Kylo the FO Luke.  More about engineering good situations for Kylo, but a totally competent closer in his own right. 

47 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Weakest of the lists was Kylo Ember Scorch Backdraft ( 4 ships can be awkward if not properly built ) 

• Lt France is as significant of an addition to FO as the Tie BA and his ability is trivially easy to fuel.  

I have noticed that 4 FO is getting a bunch of chatter, but man does it seem weak on paper

Speaking of weak on paper, i really do not understand the love for Lehuse, the ability just seems super vanilla to me, or is it just having  a cheap mini turret i5 that matters?

6 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Speaking of weak on paper, i really do not understand the love for Lehuse, the ability just seems super vanilla to me, or is it just having  a cheap mini turret i5 that matters?

FCS QD is LeHuse's best wingman, but not playable in Hyperspace.  Other than that, it's hard for me to Rube-Goldberg real value from it, other than the times you were getting locks and not spending them?  Not something I try to do often.

10 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

He's probably way better with more ships to gank locks from, yeah?  Let a little FO have a crappy unmodded shot while Lehuse gets double mods?  

I don't know.  Those aren't the faction prizes I try to win.  ;)

Just now, Ablazoned said:

FCS QD is LeHuse's best wingman, but not playable in Hyperspace.  Other than that, it's hard for me to Rube-Goldberg real value from it, other than the times you were getting locks and not spending them?  Not something I try to do often.

That was also the first thing i thought of,  i guess it does theroetically let you always get the best use of your target lock? So if say rivas has a target lock but gets arc dodged or is r3 obstructed or something i can see it, even then, it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of building that into my squad and spending the points when i feel like backdraft is just better and im not sure either of those are meaningfully  better than a proud fo, especially for the cost.

3 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I have noticed that 4 FO is getting a bunch of chatter, but man does it seem weak on paper

Stop talking about the FOs weakness on paper, some of us have feelings, haha.

Yeah, both Captain Phasma and Lt. LeHuse both have pilot talents that do not fit any Ace or almost-Ace play-style I want to incorporate really; maybe LeHuse, but both very non-Ace like in abilities. Seems they both lean on others to assist them, cannot stand on their own. They are hurting surrounding friendly ships for their own use/protection. Downright cowardly on the part of Phasma. Very un-Elite, un-Ace if you ask me. Come to think of it, both talents are very scummy actually. I think they got their designs mixed up when they were spit-balling ideas around the conference table. Yeah, they screwed up on these two.

Now if they damaged enemy ships or stole enemy locks, then it makes more FO kinda sense; sort of. Or, they just screwed up completely on these two.  

...the tea is kicking! 

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

That was also the first thing i thought of,  i guess it does theroetically let you always get the best use of your target lock? So if say rivas has a target lock but gets arc dodged or is r3 obstructed or something i can see it, even then, it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of building that into my squad and spending the points when i feel like backdraft is just better and im not sure either of those are meaningfully  better than a proud fo, especially for the cost.

That's a lot of it.  Look at it this way.  Jake is great because he makes high initiative Rebels get double mods easy.  Lehuse makes cheap little FOs into Jakes for him.

The thing about LeHuse is that Rivas is probably a worthwhile use of 2 points, if you were already thinking of bringing an Epsilon Cadet, and a spare Epsilon is also at least decent, so why not?

But to consider the flip side: I'm not sure the list-Tetris really works out.  There always seem to be a bit too many points left over in Lieutenant Bros lists, or something doesn't quite fit.  Might just be better to skip LeHuse (since he requires the Gunner), maybe-maybe-not still pack Rivas because he seems like a solid blocker that can get free bonus Locks, and find some other way to bring four-ish ships along with Kylo.

8 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Stop talking about the FOs weakness on paper, some of us have feelings, haha.

Yeah, both Captain Phasma and Lt. LeHuse both have pilot talents that do not fit any Ace or almost-Ace play-style I want to incorporate really; maybe LeHuse, but both very non-Ace like in abilities. Seems they both lean on others to assist them, cannot stand on their own. They are hurting surrounding friendly ships for their own use/protection. Downright cowardly on the part of Phasma. Very un-Elite, un-Ace if you ask me. Come to think of it, both talents are very scummy actually. I think they got their designs mixed up when they were spit-balling ideas around the conference table. Yeah, they screwed up on these two.

Now if they damaged enemy ships or stole enemy locks, then it makes more FO kinda sense; sort of. Or, they just screwed up completely on these two.  

...the tea is kicking! 

Phasma i can see use for, super rough draft for instance

Lieutenant LeHuse (39)    
Ship total: 39  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 3    

Captain Phasma (39)    
Ship total: 39  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 3    

Lieutenant Tavson (64)    
    Biohexacrypt Codes (1)    

Ship total: 65  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 6    

"Quickdraw" (45)    
    Special Forces Gunner (10)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZsZ200Z397XWWWWWY385XWWWWWY289X202WWWWWWWY243XWWW182W113W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Maybe lehuse is the wrong ship there, but the points seemed to add up, phasma hading off damage to qd or tavon seems super hilarious to me. Granted it's extended, so maybe just pocket this for a future hyperspace rotation? If you wanted to put fcs and or optics on phasma, to optimize her damage output, minimizing her defensive profile is a feature, and lehuse can use the lock phasmas taking every turn then, while lehuse takes defensive actions

Edited by catachanninja

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

The thing about LeHuse is that Rivas is probably a worthwhile use of 2 points, if you were already thinking of bringing an Epsilon Cadet, and a spare Epsilon is also at least decent, so why not?

But to consider the flip side: I'm not sure the list-Tetris really works out.  There always seem to be a bit too many points left over in Lieutenant Bros lists, or something doesn't quite fit.  Might just be better to skip LeHuse (since he requires the Gunner), maybe-maybe-not still pack Rivas because he seems like a solid blocker that can get free bonus Locks, and find some other way to bring four-ish ships along with Kylo.

In the list building stage, ive been taking rivas as a points stripped proud fo, so i start with proud FOs and go to rivas if i need the points. I like rivas, but rivas is also pretty solid regardless of what else you bring.

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

Rivas

@catachanninja I've been looking at a 5 ship FO with inspiration from DT's Rebel list from worlds (Wedge, Braylen, Jake, Blount, Bandit). A solid portion of it is the lock synergy between Vonreg, LeHuse w/ SF Gunner, and Rivas. Vonreg acting as the "Wedge," LeHuse acting as Braylen, Scorch acting as Blount, and Rivas acting as Jake/Bandit. Granted the roles aren't exactly the same, but after those 4 ships you have 34 pts left to use. I haven't played Vonreg yet, but I've always put Daredevil on him until I test it out otherwise and then 32 pts left for an FO of your choice. Cadet for another blocker and bigger bid, Proud Omega Ace, Longshot, and Proud Muse have been other thing's I've looked at. I'm overall not sure how much Vonreg needs the bid in that archetype since there's a lot more aggro threatening ships. Testing in the near future. 

Edited by RStan

11 minutes ago, RStan said:

@catachanninja I've been looking at a 5 ship FO with inspiration from DT's Rebel list from worlds (Wedge, Braylen, Jake, Blount, Bandit). A solid portion of it is the lock synergy between Vonreg, LeHuse w/ SF Gunner, and Rivas. Vonreg acting as the "Wedge," LeHuse acting as Braylen, Scorch acting as Blount, and Rivas acting as Jake/Bandit. Granted the roles aren't exactly the same, but after those 4 ships you have 34 pts left to use. I haven't played Vonreg yet, but I've always put Daredevil on him until I test it out otherwise and then 32 pts left for an FO of your choice. Cadet for another blocker and bigger bid, Proud Omega Ace, Longshot, and Proud Muse have been other thing's I've looked at. I'm overall not sure how much Vonreg needs the bid in that archetype since there's a lot more aggro threatening ships. Testing in the near future. 

The BA reaaaaaaly opened up the "mix of FO good stuff" archetype.  

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

>building extended lists

1300044776986.jpg

>building bad extended lists

memed-io-output.jpeg

Same team, big energy

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

I quoted this on accident so it stays. Thanks for loopin chewie.

1 hour ago, Pleugim said:

They totally nailed LeHuse theme-wise with him being the guy who stole Kylo's lock to blow up the bridge of the Raddus. Most of my list ideas with him focus on Mag Pulse use due to his initiative and possibility to double mod.

HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS

IS THIS ACTUALLY TRUE?

9 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Everything on Wookiepedia is true.

So what percentage of the sequel faction pilots actually lived through the trilogy? And how many of them didn't just die in their 10 seconds of screen time?