SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

6 hours ago, impspy said:

If we get Wave VI for Fort Worth SOS I'm gonna be pissed that I haven't been practicing with Vonreg...

5 hours ago, Chumbalaya said:

1/31 is the supposed release date so it won't be legal in Fort Worth.

5 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I guess I'm playing 8 FOs for two major events back to back now...

Someone has to bully the FO imposters who think they found a red, interceptor-y looking aethersprite.

4 FOs or 1 Kylo? 

The real First Order Aethersprite doesnt need regen, wears black, hates the past, and is 200% moar xtreme.

4 hours ago, wurms said:

Dont knock it til you try it :P

I did Echo ruthless, Vermeil Ruthless, and two scarifs at beginning of 2nd Ed. and did well, and that was at the time of Whisper with vader crew, cheap redline and torps, drea swarms, double shot dash, etc. Now points dropped enough to fit a decent 5th ship in with ruthless.

This is totally true. I jest. 😃 Still though. You look at that and your face wants to melt off. 

12 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Does anyone else kinda not like playing SFs because they don't feel like "real" TIE Fighters?

Nostalgia is like a warm blanket.

But "its a trap!"

4 minutes ago, jagsba said:

but yes, they're definitely just x wings LARPing as tie models

...or LARPing as the upgraded RZ-2 A-Wing. 

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

imperial-specialforces-tie-600px.gif

Marginal movie aside, they are quite neatly designed and are enjoyable!

...just like an afternoon tea!

43 minutes ago, impspy said:

source.gif

Now to get Vonreg and Rush on the table

Might want to discuss listbuilding with @pyoinator then. You can fit Daredevil Regen Vonreg + Daredevil Regen Holo + Rush + 10 pt bid. If you're not into de-buffing yourself for action efficiency and yet want double mods and/or double reposition in addition to an I5 with an effective 6 health, you can replace the Holo with a Fanatical Blackout and maintain the bid as well. Plus, 2 silencers on the table always look cool.

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

I guess I'm playing 8 FOs for two major events back to back now...

Someone has to bully the FO imposters who think they found a red, interceptor-y looking aethersprite.

Bully Dion into streaming FOcho and I’ll buy your drinks next time I’m in town, which should be soon (tm).

26 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Might want to discuss listbuilding with @pyoinator then. You can fit Daredevil Regen Vonreg + Daredevil Regen Holo + Rush + 10 pt bid. If you're not into de-buffing yourself for action efficiency and yet want double mods and/or double reposition in addition to an I5 with an effective 6 health, you can replace the Holo with a Fanatical Blackout and maintain the bid as well. Plus, 2 silencers on the table always look cool.

Rush is great. Not-quite filler at 57 points, but so much value out of him. i2 with the double reposition means he's a great blocker, and if you're running vonreg you probably have a bid so you can dodge the enemy i1 and i2 if need be. If he gets to i6, he's basically soontir without the free focus. But if you don't get shot unmodded attacks are fine too.

In my experience, people tend to ignore him early game, going after bigger threats in your list, freeing him up to easily get the flank/take uncontested shots often. Then he becomes a late game monster once he becomes an ace. Never had him die without getting him to dance around at i6 for a while. 

46 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

this is a lot of words about FO that don't include kylo

43 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

... streams should be entertaining, though. 

are you not coming to FW? :(

29 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Bully Dion into streaming FOcho and I’ll buy your drinks next time I’m in town, which should be soon (tm).

fun fact, i was never on a worlds stream because nam-my kept coming up to me, seeing 8 ships and hard passing.

1 minute ago, jagsba said:

this is a lot of words about FO that don't include kylo

Well, I'm running phat Kylo + phat Vonreg (with or without friend), Kylo + 2BA's, or Brolencers + friend/Rush. I realize that for Fort Worth, people might want to fly real lists, so I removed all my strange Kylo ideas from the suggestion. My only vanilla Kylo is with 2 U (Thannison can fit again!) so I can't compute not playing Kylo with upgrades, even though he might be the best ace without any upgrades.