SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

34 minutes ago, Q10fanatic said:

Koshka rerolls 1 die per stress, call it an extra .5 hits per attack. Emon can deal 4+ damage to a block or drop unblockable mines on unsuspecting aces. Way bigger impact if you know how to set him up.

I feel like Koshka and Emon hit diminishing returns based on usage i.e. the more it shows up and the more people play against it, the less good it is. Unless that read is pretty far off, it's basically a dark horse/spoiler list and unlikely to throw up the consistent performance to ever really be a big thing.

27 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I feel like Koshka and Emon hit diminishing returns based on usage i.e. the more it shows up and the more people play against it, the less good it is. Unless that read is pretty far off, it's basically a dark horse/spoiler list and unlikely to throw up the consistent performance to ever really be a big thing.

I agree with the 1st part completely, but would kind of apply that to everything not Super S Tier.

Less so re. dark horse spoiler, it can have quite a lot of flexibility, even against people that do know it. There is genuine potential there.

But big thing? No, probably not ever. 2 ship lists generally need to avoid rotten dice quite intensely. Equally, if people are well prepared for it, you're gonna have to really know what you're doing with it. Big things are often plug in and play, regardless of overall meta familiarity.

12 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Kaz or Jaeger will probably be good so buying one is justifiable. Plus its a slamming arc locked ship, we already know those are fun from gunboats. 

I do miss my gunboats from time to time...

20 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Kaz or Jaeger will probably be good so buying one is justifiable. Plus its a slamming arc locked ship, we already know those are fun from gunboats. 

I can confirm Kaz is at least situationally good. I’m not sure about all those situations, though. 

6 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I certainly think there’s more life in this than there is in Vonreg.

Im a MASSIVE fan of TN-3465, his well-timed crits are game winners.  Otherwise you look solid.

My FO is Protorp Kylo, Scorch, TN and 2 Epsilon’s.

Tn 3465 is interesting, and allowing kylo to have a protorp is no joke...but backdraft is pretty dang good for those points as well, a bit tougher then a fo tie and can fly in a unique way to get a little more time on target...and kylo hits pretty hard on his own when you get to target lock.

the purpose is sort of how much list and firepower can I get in between kylo and my opponent so that kylo can pretty safely clean up or outrun them. It allows 2 sudo 3 die ships at less then 40 point and then two more bodies to block and try to steal their attention. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I hope Koshka is a woman, given the Russian slang.  (But, you know, maybe not.)

Koshka is a woman, so far as I know. The end of that sentence was talking about Emon, who is a man. Again, so far as I know.

5 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

I dont care what anyone says. Poe + 5 Fireball is potentially the 2nd most fun 2.0 list I have ever played. And an investment I will absolutely not regret. 

DwjFTfkXQAAL_Jm.jpg

...well don't leave us hanging! What're those last 2 points for?  R4?  Heroic?  B1?  Bid?  This list purely distills the question of the steepest marginal value for Poe!

29 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Probably Black one so Poe can pretend to be a fireball for one round.

I’m pretty convinced on a one point bid to slam after all the i2 beef, so it’s 198 or heroic and 199. 

Black One is probably the right call in a vacuum though. 

57 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Took just R4 because not undercosted blockable Soontir is weirdly pretty much fine even without black one. 

Gonna take a wild guess and say that R4 Poe is good in Hyperspace. Slam just makes him more gooder.

After a lot of Soontiring with Poe, sans title, I’m starting the think the title is a bit of a trap. Maybe. I don’t know. I punchy face with Poe more now. 

4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

After a lot of Soontiring with Poe, sans title, I’m starting the think the title is a bit of a trap. Maybe. I don’t know. I punchy face with Poe more now. 

Trap seems unlikely. R4 is just required for basic soontir functionality if I have to choose. Im only choosing because FFG “made” me for that specific random list.

Edited by Boom Owl

11 minutes ago, gennataos said:

"Trap" is probably the wrong word, but I agree that one can live without it. But it's a fine option to have if the list has room.