Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

By the way, why Emon and not Koshka? There are a lot of stressed ships out there. (e: and add 000+rigged chute for some more stress)

I've dabbled but it's more out of habit. Emon can catch lots of players out and I feel his I4 may be very handy in the new HS meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emon is more fun, simply.

May be a bit more to it though. I generally like running, baiting and tag teaming with the twin sprays. Emon adds considerably to your opponents decision-making headaches with that play. Possibly Koshka Boba is a bit more aggressive.

Edited by Cuz05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this bad?

Maarek + “Squad” (200)

 

Maarek Stele — TIE Advanced x1 45
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 46
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 3
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Is this bad?

Maarek + “Squad” (200)

 

Maarek Stele — TIE Advanced x1 45
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 46
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 3
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
 

Ruthless was built for the Decimator, it seems, not for ties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So maybe new first order toys are a trap? 
 

Kylo Ren (76)    
Ship total: 76  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 3    
    
"Scorch" (33)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    
Ship total: 35  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    
    
"Backdraft" (39)    
Ship total: 39  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 3    
    
Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    
Ship total: 25  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    
    
Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    
Ship total: 25  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    
    
    
Total: 200    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZhZ200Z236XWWWY262X181WWY242XWWWWWY269XWY269XW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

 

idk how good it is but it wasn’t possible pre points change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheOz said:

So maybe new first order toys are a trap? 

Kylo Ren (76)    
    
"Scorch" (33)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    
"Backdraft" (39)    
    
Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    
   
Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    

Total: 200

 

idk how good it is but it wasn’t possible pre points change

I'd even take Fanatical off Scorch. He's going to die, so may as well not invest more into him. 2 pts for bid or upgrade a Cadet to Rivas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RStan said:

I'd even take Fanatical off Scorch. He's going to die, so may as well not invest more into him. 2 pts for bid or upgrade a Cadet to Rivas. 

Good idea, I’m leaning towards bid but Rivas is good too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Is this bad?

Maarek + “Squad” (200)

 

Maarek Stele — TIE Advanced x1 45
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 46
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 3
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
 

Reapers. You want reapers. Not HS legal though.

Maarek Stele (45)
Ruthless (1)
Fire-Control System (2)

Scarif Base Pilot (39)

Scarif Base Pilot (39)

Scarif Base Pilot (39)

Lieutenant Kestal (31)
Ruthless (1)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Is this bad?

Maarek + “Squad” (200)

 

Maarek Stele — TIE Advanced x1 45
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 46
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 3
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ruthless 1
Ship Total: 26
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
   
Black Squadron Ace — TIE/ln Fighter 25
Ship Total: 25
Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2
 

Ruthless is okay to good for a 3rd hit.

It’s bad to horrible for a second hit.

 It’s fine on Maarek but I’d drop it from the Blacks. I3 May still be relevant, otherwise drop them to I1 and bump a couple up to bombers.
 

Strikers are also excellent with Ruthless and the I3 is a bargain.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been reading good things about Ruthless/Hull Strikers.  Five highly mobile Init 3s with 3 dice attacks, with the ability to take damage to force kills.  Ruthless, of course, needs to be used sparingly.  That is, unless you're in a position to massively overkill one of your ships.  If you've got a striker on 1 health left, jam it into their teeth and light everyone up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RStan said:

I'd even take Fanatical off Scorch. He's going to die, so may as well not invest more into him. 2 pts for bid or upgrade a Cadet to Rivas. 

Second time quoting but you could switch backdraft for the new i5 guy and have Rivas...you give up the 3 die back gun for a chance for some extra free attack mods...kylo likes to lock when he can too...probably not as good as backdraft and a bid but curious combos nonetheless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheOz said:

Second time quoting but you could switch backdraft for the new i5 guy and have Rivas...you give up the 3 die back gun for a chance for some extra free attack mods...kylo likes to lock when he can too...probably not as good as backdraft and a bid but curious combos nonetheless 

If it's without gunners, Backdraft all the way.  The reason you'd pair LeHuse with Rivas is so that LeHuse with Special Force Gunner can do a 3-dice double mods attack.  If LeHuse doesn't have a gunner, he's the same 2-dice attack as Rivas, and while it's not worthless to bump the double-mod attack up to Init 5, it's not really worth giving up the 3-dice rear gun on Backdraft.

Personally, I'd go for the original pilots, but with bid, per RStan.  There's enough folks who build to 200 that a 2-point Baby-Bid seems worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I've been reading good things about Ruthless/Hull Strikers.  Five highly mobile Init 3s with 3 dice attacks, with the ability to take damage to force kills.  Ruthless, of course, needs to be used sparingly.  That is, unless you're in a position to massively overkill one of your ships.  If you've got a striker on 1 health left, jam it into their teeth and light everyone up.

That seems...inefficient. Strikers are already a bit inefficient stats-wise, and hull upgrade is going to make that worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gadwag said:

That seems...inefficient. Strikers are already a bit inefficient stats-wise, and hull upgrade is going to make that worse.

Nevertheless, it's what some folks are discussing over in the Striker thread in the Battle Reports subforum.  Folks report the extra hull feels nice.  Other than that, you'd have to ask them. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheOz said:

So maybe new first order toys are a trap? 
 

Kylo Ren (76)    
Ship total: 76  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 3    
    
"Scorch" (33)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    
Ship total: 35  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    
    
"Backdraft" (39)    
Ship total: 39  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 3    
    
Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    
Ship total: 25  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    
    
Epsilon Squadron Cadet (25)    
Ship total: 25  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    
    
    
Total: 200    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZhZ200Z236XWWWY262X181WWY242XWWWWWY269XWY269XW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

 

idk how good it is but it wasn’t possible pre points change

I certainly think there’s more life in this than there is in Vonreg.

Im a MASSIVE fan of TN-3465, his well-timed crits are game winners.  Otherwise you look solid.

My FO is Protorp Kylo, Scorch, TN and 2 Epsilon’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

My FO is Protorp Kylo, Scorch, TN and 2 Epsilon’s.

I just like Rivas too much. Even though it's just a 2dice attack, but the i1 gets good blocks, and the free lock gives me the freedom to spend focus on defense and still modify the attack. All at a great price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Nevertheless, it's what some folks are discussing over in the Striker thread in the Battle Reports subforum.  Folks report the extra hull feels nice.  Other than that, you'd have to ask them. ;)

Hull Upgrade on Countdown and Duchess has always felt good. I don't know how I feel about the I3 strikers at all, though 5 with Hull does out-PS 5X and that's pretty cool. Seems like it really wants Crack Shot to be in HS though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Quoting for effect. 

Completely underutilized archetype. 

Koshka rerolls 1 die per stress, call it an extra .5 hits per attack. Emon can deal 4+ damage to a block or drop unblockable mines on unsuspecting aces. Way bigger impact if you know how to set him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...