SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Let's take a break from the whole "Corran and Maarek should have force" mentality for a brief moment. They were already established pilots and then had force-sensitivity as an afterthought.

The real question is why the  Boba-Fett-Spur-SFX-Listen-Closely does Kyle Katarn have 0 Force? And Ezra is featured as 2 force pilots and a force gunner? This is a greater injustice than the deletion of Mara Jade even on card art from the game.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

Current state **** take - 7B Jedi don’t have to allow you to hit them, they only do so because they can get shields back for a favorable trade.

Future state **** take - Something happens to 7B Jedi in January and it doesn’t matter. People long for the days when Jedi allowed you to hit them and they only regened a couple shields. In this **** take future, people ***** that CLT Jedi are either never in arc or can’t be hit at all when in arc, they can fit more in the list and punch harder than 7B Jedi. 

20 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Future state **** take - Something happens to 7B Jedi in January and it doesn’t matter. People long for the days when Jedi allowed you to hit them and they only regened a couple shields. In this **** take future, people ***** that CLT Jedi are either never in arc or can’t be hit at all when in arc, they can fit more in the list and punch harder than 7B Jedi. 

We're already in CLT land and been there for months, got bored, and put other things on the table, and now coming back to them again.

8 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

We're already in CLT land and been there for months, got bored, and put other things on the table, and now coming back to them again.

Only in part, and usually complementing 7B Jedi.  I don't hear many complaints about CLT Jedi.  I hear a cacophony of complaints about 7B regen Jedi.

7 minutes ago, jagsba said:

It's only a **** take if it's untrue

I'll bet there are a lot of folks who don't believe, because they keep catching their local Jedi buddies.

Edited by gennataos

I dont know what qualifies as a **** take because I dont know what the intended power level is. 

:TieBadass: 

Indicates to me that 7b Jedi are working almost exactly as intended and that pure Sear Swarm is extremely wholesome even with Grappling Struts. 

Edited by Boom Owl
Also printing 10-13 pt Precog...

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

I dont know what qualifies as a **** take because I dont know what the intended power level is. 

:TieBadass: 

Indicates to me that 7b Jedi are working almost exactly as intended. 

I really only included the "****" part to draw out those who don't believe.  ;)

I've lived in a world where ace-ing is hard for a very long time.  In a world without force.  Where 1-hards must be planned, not just happen.  Where double reposition exists, but at the cost of mods.  Where I have to always guess what my opponent will do, not just know.  Where even clouds have a consequence, however minor.  Where I can't fit everything I want plus a massive bid.  I've been Little Mac, chasing that bike.

Image result for lil mac running gif

I've only recently truly embraced easy ace-ing.  Dear lord.

Image result for mike tyson punch out gif lost

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

Current state **** take - 7B Jedi don’t have to allow you to hit them, they only do so because they can get shields back for a favorable trade.

That's why you don't see as much Anakin. At his pricing point, he has to truly ace things with arc-dodging. He could get lucky and Neo everything by a combination of frozen reds and hot 2 greens, but he's allowed such movement at most once a game. The other 7B Jedi are cheap enough to function even better at the joust than Luke bc their re-positioning allows them to fudge things just enough so it's not a straight joust (on a scale of B Wing to TIE Interceptor, you'd think the Jedi would dodge a bit more, but they're more than fine with only dodging an arc here and there). Anakin is still very good, basically Poe with an insane amount of unpredictability if wielded right, but he flies as the 7B ship is intended, not as it is being applied: an ace that has a card that synergizes with a shield ratio, compared to perma-focus dice mods that allow it to go "YOLO, i'll joust this turn or that".

BC Obi-Wan is way too good (dear FFG, plz don't let the V-Wing get 3 agi and 3 firepower with Obi at his current cost) I have been preferring the CLT config over 7B (Unless it's Anakin. He has to arc-dodge and teleport to silly spots thanks to Sense and Palp's Senate side of Coordinate to Jerry-rig Supernatural Reflexes, meaning his bullseye doesn't often line where he needs to be). The R2 droid is still good in this setup, and only a really bad spot or a crit chain upon triple blanks will delete one in an engagement. I initially thought of it as a way to make Dedicated Y's work out, but the math for expected values on defense greens with Obi's ability and Luminara's ability turning off most crits have shown Dedicated to still be a waste of points. I don't use Luminara to demote unmodded shots so much as I use her to demote crits so that the hull-shield ratio of calibrated is ignored, thereby bypassing the design of it eating the mod slot.

Non-config Jedi can be quite fun: they are known as Chopper carriers, so think of them as unique I3's that jam better than a reaper. Holy Cow, the amount of suffering they inflict via control is stupid, yet when they get shot at, they could die or live forever.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

More takes, of whatever adjective you'd like to attach:

• Luminara is the best Chopper carrier
  • Anakin is underutilized
  • Spare Parts is grossly underutilized
  • Ahsoka is more grossly underutilized
  • Many (most?) Jedi players don't know how to utilize gas clouds properly
    • They're a featured upgrade of the Jedi, not an obstacle that you occasionally hide behind
Edited by gennataos

6 minutes ago, gennataos said:

More takes, of whatever adjective you'd like to attach:

• Luminara is the best Chopper carrier

not if i forget her ability!

• Anakin is underutilized
  • Spare Parts is grossly underutilized
  • Ahsoka is more grossly underutilized

maybe? too low of an init. She's my favorite jedi and that's usually a sign of something being bad

• Many (most?) Jedi players don't know how to utilze gas clouds properly
    • They're a featured upgrade of the Jedi, not an obstacle that you occasionally hide behind

STOP SAYING SAD THINGS

58 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Only in part, and usually complementing 7B Jedi.  I don't hear many complaints about CLT Jedi.  I hear a cacophony of complaints about 7B regen Jedi.

Months back I made my own **** take complaining about CLT Jedi and got scoffed at. (7B were the fear of the time.) My complaint was based on three and even four ship Jedi lists with CLT arc dodging, flanking and striking from out of arc for horrific effect.

9 minutes ago, jagsba said:

not if i forget her ability!

Been there.

9 minutes ago, jagsba said:

maybe? too low of an init. She's my favorite jedi and that's usually a sign of something being bad

Mine, too...and probably me, too.  She was the early partner for Anakin until people moved on to Mace, if I recall correctly.  She can do some cool stuff that no other Jedi can.

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Months back I made my own **** take complaining about CLT Jedi and got scoffed at. (7B were the fear of the time.) My complaint was based on three and even four ship Jedi lists with CLT arc dodging, flanking and striking from out of arc for horrific effect.

I hope I wasn’t a scoffer, because I sure do believe now. 

2 minutes ago, Tsavong said:

I am on the CLT Anakin chopper is stupid train.

There's a decent argument for anything chopper is stupid.

Edited by gennataos

3 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I actually disagree. Or rather, that's only true for Jedi because they don't need actions. But the action header is really bad for most potential users (Poe can, Luke might be able to. That's pretty much it)

I meant underutilized specifically on Jedi.  

I have tried it on Poe, and it's okay, but I've found my lists with him need more punch and less defense.

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

I'm inevitably going to be disappointed when Republic aces inevitably don't go up the 20-25 points I think they need to (barring a rules update to fundamental mechanics of force regen that inevitably won't happen).

But my read on the community is that the thirst for force ace nerfs (both factions) is almost entirely constrained to circles like this one and at large people are mostly happy if Obiwan goes up 3-4 points and Vultures get nerfed.

10 minutes ago, gennataos said:

It's his personal droid!

Ric Olié (42)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    R2-A6 (6)    

Ship total: 58  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 3    

Total: 58    

angry reacc

Edited by jagsba

3 hours ago, LagJanson said:

It's all these crazy flexible chassis with awesome dials. 

Figures that the dial value would be one of the last things to really get nailed down in this game in terms of points. 

Kinda sad, because I really don't want FO/Resistance or Aethersprites to get whacked so hard that they can't get back up...

Edited by Bucknife