SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

STOP TAKING FCS E-WINGS

FCS says 'Save your locks but make them worse
E-Wing ship ability says "get free locks every disengage"
E-wing linked actions say "Get a lock whenever you reposition"

2 things that should make you more willing to spend a lock, and a thing for when you don't spend 'em is not a good mix.

Corran, not E-wings.

Focus+Lock, then nothing adds to 4.3 hits
Focus+FCS, then FCS adds to 4.6 hits

Strictly better.

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

Sounds suspiciously like not braylen or cassian

maybe more importantly, does it sound like a similar subpar list part as braylen and cassian? Rebels are already a bad choice, so why not a bit worse. The best rebel list is republic or imperial, anyway.

11 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

In Spian people actually had some success with Han Corran.

As someone who loves E-wings and had played Corran while it wasn't cool in first edition, I don't think I'm even touching it with a stick in 2.0

Yup. 2 Corrans made the Top 32 cut in the Spanish Open (1st and last in swiss), and 3 Corrans also made the Top 32 cut in the last Spanish Nationals. Some of us spaniards have a strong crush on Corran dating back to the 1.0 days...

3 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Im still in favor of changing force charge rules so they dont work while blocked/obstacled/stressed and require a focus action to regen. Point costs might still have to increase but much less aggressively. After that address ensnare/regen and see how things end up. 

That would give a massive boost to every lists matchup against Trip Empire and Republic force aces without requiring fun destroying costs. More in game constraints basically. 

I'm super on the fence about Force Errata. 

I've talked at length with local guys, and there are very few changes that would fall under the KISS method. 

Points are easiest. 

But errata might be the right call for long term. 

But right now...? 

Maybe too soon? 

Just now, Bucknife said:

I'm super on the fence about Force Errata. 

In general I think if they leave it as is they will eventually price characters people want to play beyond a cost that lets them play those Ships in a variety of lists. Or they will have to power creep much more of the non-force user card pool into force sensitivity to blur the line a little more.

Real talk: aren't E-Wings hideously ugly, and not Disney canon anymore???

Question 2: Would people be upset if we chucked the EWing, Kwing, Tie Punisher etc out of xwing?

[The Phantom has a genuinely interesting movement pattern, but falls into the same category of weird obscure ship.]

2 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

STOP TAKING FCS E-WINGS

2 things that should make you more willing to spend a lock, and a thing for when you don't spend 'em is not a good mix.

With fcs E-wings, if it's not Corran, I'll auto-spend the lock on more than 2 blanks. But 1 blank happen enough such that FCS has merit: it's only 2 pt. Plus, it opens your droid options.

1 hour ago, Darth Seridur said:

Question 2: Would people be upset if we chucked the EWing, Kwing, Tie Punisher etc out of xwing?

[The Phantom has a genuinely interesting movement pattern, but falls into the same category of weird obscure ship.]

Sir I'd like to present you with Poe Dameron comic image. Bottom right...

ioc3lafke5c01.jpg

Also I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jake as a wingmate for Corran. Cheap, fast and to me has proven to be a staple in rebel list building. 

1 hour ago, RStan said:

Also I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jake as a wingmate for Corran.

I alluded to it. He's also useful for the generics. It's fun to use vectored thrusters to give 2 friendly E's token stacks when you can line it up. When it is lined up of course.

Dang, if the Republic gets a craft similar to the the E, I expect Obi's cost to go way, way up.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

7 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Im still in favor of changing force charge rules so they dont work while blocked/obstacled/stressed and require a focus action to regen. Point costs might still have to increase but much less aggressively. After that address ensnare/regen and see how things end up. 

That would give a massive boost to every lists matchup against Trip Empire and Republic force aces without requiring fun destroying costs. More in game constraints basically. 

-Staples Hate to Vader-

5 hours ago, Darth Seridur said:

K-Wing should be in Resistance

Punisher should be in First Order

FIGHT ME

18 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

K-Wing should be in Resistance

Punisher should be in First Order

FIGHT ME

Pattern Analyzer is 5 pt cheaper than Adv Sensors.....hmmmmmmm. Both have really good red maneuvers for that card.....HMMMMMMMMMMM. E Wings with heroic and Punishers (if gifted slot) with fanatical....UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. BB Astro linked bar shenanigans and targeting sync being worth the points for once....AWWWWWWWWWUUUGHHHGHGHGHGHHHFGH!!!!!!!!! M9G8 game breaking and Dromitz Trajectory sims, 1 with electro proton...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

6 hours ago, Darth Seridur said:

E-wings and K-wings are not ugly, neither is the tie egg carton, certainly prettier than the Bsf-17. 

I kinda like the look of the BSF-17.*  It's got a nose somewhat like the Falcon, and a shape like a B-Wing crossed with a submarine.  On top of that, at least, it was at least an original design, unlike the T-70 or RZ-2 or TIE/fo or TIE/sf.

*At least on screen.  I don't think the miniature comes out quite as well.

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

At least on screen.  I don't think the miniature comes out quite as well.

My exact thoughts on the Razorcrest. It's a neat-looking ship that favors functionality over sleekness, like OG industrial-feel Star Wars and I like the aesthetic it presents on the screen. Yet, whenever I see a 3D printed homebrew version of it, I always think "Ugh, it's uglier than I recall." Probably has something to do with the N-1, TIE/vn, or Nantex being in the game presenting sleek appearances.

20 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

STOP TAKING FCS E-WINGS

I think the last tournament I played, I brought triple Torpedo E-Wings, R3s on each, one Plasma two Proton.

I'm going to advocate R3 over FCS any time.  Having the option to attack two different ships, or to next round switch to ship B after ship A has gone down without spending an additional action, felt really nice.  The list overall doesn't have legs, but won't ruin an afternoon.