SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

54 minutes ago, jagsba said:

removing risk: guaranteed to decrease dullness

Thinking of Adv Sensor Boost/Barrel Roll + maneuver combinations is a fun mental exercise. Are you telling me you don't feel your heartrate ratchet up when you're working on a particularly vexing Sudoku puzzle???

14 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

Thinking of Adv Sensor Boost/Barrel Roll + maneuver combinations is a fun mental exercise. Are you telling me you don't feel your heartrate ratchet up when you're working on a particularly vexing Sudoku puzzle???

If I wanted to do a sudoku, I'd have stayed at home

29 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I still have not put a Defender on the table. I just realized this... I need to fix this.

The later the game, the better they get, coming more out of the flank/shadows and getting more jousty, 1v1 ing almost anything. The fear of getting blocked evaporates. Great pt fortresses.

2 + palp are pretty good. Rex can he slotted with 2 other great Imperial pieces and work well. Heck, Rex + 4 TIEs of choice has worked for me. Ryad is the best at not getting blocked, although Adv Sensors can fix that problem. Vess is overcosted, but makes a fun Wingman for Vader or other FCS pieces.

Juke still fits well on Defenders: every juke increase sees defenders drop equally. Best stacked like in Rex + 2 Sigma, Rex + Whisper + Friend, etc. Jedi make it sad.

Outmaneuver is cool, but Marksmanship + Autoblaster is 1/2 the cost and 2 times the value.

Crack is good, and trick shot synergizes with collision detector. But LW is the bomb, especially with Jedi negating non-stacked versions of Juke. It makes it much harder to take dmg, but increases dmg. output when not shot at.

Jamming beam rarely gets used. HLC is pretty good. The missiles are best left empty, but mag pulse are coming (try hitting Rex after he shoots that at you!). Fcs has value for not-Vess, especially with coordinate.

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I've played like 20-25 games with Defenders.  I've never put a Defender other than a Delta Squadron Pilot on the table... I'm not sure I need to fix it. :P

Deltas are Defender Vanilla. The basic flavor and what is expected at baseline. Those who prefer it are purists. You can build around the concept of Vanilla with the flavors of named pilots and/or any number of upgrades via toppings. It's just that as cool as these creations can be, they can become unfocused or a shitload of calories. Some shitloads of calories are worth it and a grand masterpiece, but the flavor advantages must always be compared to simply sticking with Vanilla.

Onyx generics are Chocolate. I can respect trying to build off Chocolate as it's own base flavor, but it's easier to concoct around Vanilla, especially without having the Sundae taste like an incoming Diabeetus Beatdown.

8 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Deltas are Defender Vanilla. The basic flavor and what is expected at baseline. Those who prefer it are purists. You can build around the concept of Vanilla with the flavors of named pilots and/or any number of upgrades via toppings. It's just that as cool as these creations can be, they can become unfocused or a shitload of calories. Some shitloads of calories are worth it and a grand masterpiece, but the flavor advantages must always be compared to simply sticking with Vanilla.

Onyx generics are Chocolate. I can respect trying to build off Chocolate as it's own base flavor, but it's easier to concoct around Vanilla, especially without having the Sundae taste like an incoming Diabeetus Beatdown.

The thing about vanilla which often seems to get forgotten is that it's a wonderfully complex flavor.  Real quality vanilla has layers and depth and a magic all it's own.

Heck, most great chocolate has at least a little great vanilla in it.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

The thing about vanilla which often seems to get forgotten is that it's a wonderfully complex flavor.  Real quality vanilla has layers and depth and a magic all it's own.

Heck, most great chocolate has at least a little great vanilla in it.

It's because adding the word "bean" to Vanilla increases one's appreciation for it. Vanilla...OK. Vanilla BEAN: hon hon hon, je suis connaisseur de glaces oui oui baguette! This is due to the power of Jad [Chad] Bean, AKA "Scorch". 

16 hours ago, LagJanson said:

I still have not put a Defender on the table. I just realized this... I need to fix this.

Me neither, haven't bought in to all the 2.0 stuff as of yet.

15 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

The later the game, the better they get, coming more out of the flank/shadows and getting more jousty, 1v1 ing almost anything. The fear of getting blocked evaporates. Great pt fortresses.

2 + palp are pretty good.

I'd love to try that too... so very throwback. But alas, Rexler, Whisper jukes and the Palpmobile don't quite fit. Ugggg

How about these three fives (pint game let's say):

Rexler Brath (81)
Juke (7)

“Whisper” (57)
Juke (7)

Maarek Stele (46)
Predator (2)
Total: 200

2 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

It's because adding the word "bean" to Vanilla increases one's appreciation for it. Vanilla...OK. Vanilla BEAN: hon hon hon, je suis connaisseur de glaces oui oui baguette! This is due to the power of Jad [Chad] Bean, AKA "Scorch". 

Love this... have no bloody idea what it means though.

...now where's my tea?