SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

10 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Never flying the same list for more than 3 games in a row is the key to maximum entertainment. The eternally random swings of fortune are well worth it.

I find that I enjoy the game most when I have time to practice a list I like until its good. Thats way more than 3 games. Also how I know I am bad at xwing.

28 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I find that I enjoy the game most when I have time to practice a list I like until its good. Thats way more than 3 games. Also how I know I am bad at xwing.

Oh absolutely. Kind of joking but not really. I do rotate a squad I want to improve with in and out...

But honestly, I've often changed something in it for no real reason, when it comes back in :D

Lots of things I mean to go back and practice with more, but rarely get round to it.

I do repeat a lot of ship builds, but I kinda dig putting different things together as I try new combinations. I hardly ever put a list together without at least half of it being things I know well. It helps with balancing, gives some guarantees and highlights some contrasts.

As soon as I hit a combo that works really well and wins a bunch of games, no matter where, I'll drop it entirely for a new thing in the list multichanger. Don't know why. I think I may be getting to the stage where I'm picking older lists back up though. The Top 5 thread made me miss a few and it would be nice to be actually good with them :D

sweet<Child>shop

Edited by Cuz05
Also possibly- ok, this list is really good- <pressure intensifies>

I don’t have all the parts for our locals list but I’ve made something that matches in spirit... should be fun flirting with disaster for a bit...

Deadman 

(52) Saw Gerrera [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing
(1) "Zeb" Orrelios
(2) Deadman's Switch
(2) Electronic Baffle

(43) Partisan Renegade [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing
(6) Leia Organa
(2) Deadman's Switch
(2) Electronic Baffle

(41) Cavern Angels Zealot [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Deadman's Switch
(2) Electronic Baffle

(41) Cavern Angels Zealot [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Deadman's Switch
(2) Electronic Baffle

Total points: 200

So I tried to switch rose and Greer in place of nien, but I wasn't impressed. 

Rose is actually good: she lacks Finn potential of always evading at least one or to shoot averaging more than 2 hits, but she costs less and is action independent. My biggest issue was that adding her to the list made manouvring harder since I had 2 pods to deal with instead of just one. 

Greer on other hand was incredibly disappointing. Maybe it was me not fully understanding awing strengths or maybe it was just not clicking right since it was the only ship unable to slow roll. Probably in a list with just one awing, tallie would be the better choice but in the end I'm not sure I'm sold on her either. 

Sadly Greer low wasn't compenseted enough by rose high. It pains me a lot to say this but nien is probably better in this kind of resistance beef than Greer&rose. 

Despite liking rose, I still think finn is the better pod. Biggest rose selling point is she's even cheaper than Finn already cheap ***

20 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

Sadly Greer low wasn't compenseted enough by rose high. It pains me a lot to say this but nien is probably better in this kind of resistance beef than Greer&rose. 

You played how many games with it? It took me a lot of games to get RZ2s

And does it not make you skeptical that Greer is seen as the best pilot of a ship that's borderline broken when you find her to be underwhelming?

Edited by GreenDragoon

3 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

And does it not make you skeptical that Greer is seen as the best pilot of a ship that's borderline broken when you find him to be underwhelming?

Greer is a she. Don’t assume gender! ;)

4 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

Greer on other hand was incredibly disappointing. Maybe it was me not fully understanding awing strengths or maybe it was just not clicking right since it was the only ship unable to slow roll.

Unable to slow roll? Greer can 1 turn and roll and basically not move... more or less forever?  Annoying to just joust like a rebel 1 straight blob, though.

Edited by Brunas

7 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

And does it not make you skeptical that Greer is seen as the best pilot of a ship that's borderline broken when you find her to be underwhelming?

3 games, as I said it was probably me not fully understanding greer. However, my feeling is awing are better when there are more than just 1 in a list, their gimmick of shooting from behind isn't that good when you got 4 other ships that can't do the same

7 hours ago, gennataos said:

Greer is a she. Don’t assume gender! ;)

I'm going to start calling every pilot in the game a "it" 

3 hours ago, Brunas said:

Unable to slow roll? Greer can 1 turn and roll and basically not move... more or less forever?  Annoying to just joust like a rebel 1 straight blob, though.

I formulated it poorly: it wasnt unable to slow roll, it was unable to do 1 banks barrel which is my usual turn 1-2 moves. 

Again, while Greer might be actually good, I think he doesn't work that good along other 4 not so mobile ships. 

But probably it was just my playing it wrong

5 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I formulated it poorly: it wasnt unable to slow roll, it was unable to do 1 banks barrel which is my usual turn 1-2 moves. 

Again, while Greer might be actually good, I think he doesn't work that good along other 4 not so mobile ships. 

But probably it was just my playing it wrong

I think once you start to play the other AWings, you'll see that without Greers ability, your dial will be much more limited in combat. Granted the As have plenty of blues to compensate, but Greers ability allows her to be stressed minimally throughout the game which opens up the 1 and 3 turns which, once you've played it and seen the difference, it's a big deal. 

3 minutes ago, RStan said:

I think once you start to play the other AWings, you'll see that without Greers ability, your dial will be much more limited in combat. Granted the As have plenty of blues to compensate, but Greers ability allows her to be stressed minimally throughout the game which opens up the 1 and 3 turns which, once you've played it and seen the difference, it's a big deal. 

Also, you don't even have to clear the stress with Greer to rotate her arc.  I don't know how often I've done that, not often, but sometimes a 1-hard is 100% the best move and can't be punished.  

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

This makes me so mad

It was more of a comparison from Greer's average dial options to all other RZ2 Awing pilot dial options. Granted, they all already have a high floor of dial options.

7 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

This makes me so mad

Why no 

Image result for hux angry"

6 minutes ago, RStan said:

It was more of a comparison from Greer's average dial options to all other RZ2 Awing pilot dial options. Granted, they all already have a high floor of dial options.

I think in the thousands of A-Wing maneuvers I've likely dialed in, I've been blocked maybe a dozen times that I didn't choose purposefully to be blocked.  There's always a safe place.

7 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Your thread is the 2nd best thread on the forums.

Truth.  It should probably still be going.  @kenoslaw could bear the torch for a while!

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Boost Rear Arc with Linked Mods and only blue moves are 360 turret adjacent though.

Maybe that's why they've felt like the most fun ship I've played in 2.0.

Edited by gennataos